XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] DNA_GB 3.3.3 V21E base with tweaks for performance [/5/5/2012]

Tip us?

cezzarmicu
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo23 View Post
Let me finish work and i will post the modules on my first post and give you guys instructions on where to place them..
hi meemo. thanks in advance but dna_gb v2 is running perfectly without oc imho. i can play temiple run without any lag with your default kernel.

on another note, i saw your post on samno's kernel about you using his kernel on this rom. did you not find any lags using the kernel? i tried samno's v0.4.2 on this rom and while battery is better with it, games such as temple run lagged pretty bad

Meemo23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 561

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezzarmicu View Post
hi meemo. thanks in advance but dna_gb v2 is running perfectly without oc imho. i can play temiple run without any lag with your default kernel.

on another note, i saw your post on samno's kernel about you using his kernel on this rom. did you not find any lags using the kernel? i tried samno's v0.4.2 on this rom and while battery is better with it, games such as temple run lagged pretty bad
Yeah it lags alot on sammo's kernel but i have switched back to mines it doesn't lag on Dungeon Hunter 3 where as sammo's lags on and off so..

But i have found that if you set sammo's kernel to 300 on the lower clock and 1008 on the higher clock then you don't get much lag. But it does lag here and there..

Hence the reason i will be sticking to mines lol... I wish i knew how to edit kernel extensively i would edit away but sammo is a pro at kernels he will get there eventually... I just don't have time to tinker with the kernel with work and family and all.

Plus i find kernels very confusing how do you pack a 45mb kernel in a 5 to 6 mb boot img.. I am confused when it comes to that i just edit the real basics lol..
The Following User Says Thank You to Meemo23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XIIISlaughters
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm having a weird issue where my text messages wont come through until I get a phone call, then they all come through at once. Any idea how to fix?

Meemo23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 561

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIISlaughters View Post
I'm having a weird issue where my text messages wont come through until I get a phone call, then they all come through at once. Any idea how to fix?
Yes thats an issue with ghost call you need a better baseband i recommend V20E or V21D

XIIISlaughters
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Yes thats an issue with ghost call you need a better baseband i recommend V20E or V21D
How do I go about that? (Totally new to this)

MANBEARPIG69
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Let me finish work and i will post the modules on my first post and give you guys instructions on where to place them..
Wow thanx

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit,wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad"
sent from my LG Optimus 3D using XDA premium

MANBEARPIG69
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Yea im om v20e and have never experienced a ghost call or maybe im just lucky

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit,wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad"

XIIISlaughters
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBEARPIG69 View Post
Yea im om v20e and have never experienced a ghost call or maybe im just lucky

Installed 20e, but network doesn't work. Guess I'll try 21D

MANBEARPIG69
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Yea thats what happens when i install something not meant for v20e,so i dont know wh he suggested changing to v20e or maybe thats what flashing baseband is i dunno

XIIISlaughters
Old
Thanks Meter 4
21d does the same. D: