Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 7.3 & 9.2 | High Quality & Performance | O/C | Legendary

Tip us?

lightdub
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by synnyster View Post
My battery life has seriously gone down hill after upgrading to 6.3.2. I didn't change anything in the OC Daemon. I'm gonna have to mess with it now to see if I can get it back to manageable.
charge it up and wipe the battery stats.

Sent from my Inspire 4G

calc
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdub View Post
charge it up and wipe the battery stats.

Sent from my Inspire 4G
That does next to nothing.... it is a myth. Google came out and said this, which resulted in several other big android sites writing about it. We even have one written here on our very own portal....... why are people still rehashing the same non-sense.

lafite66
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default differnce between LorD clockaN and RCMix

forgive me if this has been answered but could someone please explain to me the difference between differnce between LorD clockaN and RCMix?

thank you very much!

lightdub
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by calc View Post
That does next to nothing.... it is a myth. Google came out and said this, which resulted in several other big android sites writing about it. We even have one written here on our very own portal....... why are people still rehashing the same non-sense.
oh alright lol

Sent from my Inspire 4G

hefman
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Upgraded from ARHD 2.1 I believe. I ran the superwipe script prior to flashing 6.3.2.
I'm not saying this is necessarily the case here, but I always recommend that people give a new rom a few days before making a determination on battery life. Maybe you've already done that, but just to make the point...

The biggest reason for this is that we are always doing much more fiddling and messing around with the phone after we flash a new rom -- getting our settings just right, checking out new features and finding old features, syncing data, etc. The touch screen is the pretty much the biggest single consumer of battery power, so keeping the screen lit will kill battery faster than anything.

Another reason is that there are other variables that affect battery consumption, which can vary from day to day. One of those is the strength of your signal. Low signal reception is countered by stepping up radio power, so a poor signal (could be just a "bad day" for your carrier's nearby tower) can drain a battery quickly.

Regardless of the reasons, I think it's always a good idea to wait a few days and get back to your normal pattern of using the device before assessing the battery drain. Maybe you've already done that...
Current Device: HTC Inspire 4G
Rom: aospX (ICS) 1.0.0-BR7
Radio: 12.69a.60.29U_26.17.14.11_M
Previous Devices: AT&T Tilt2, HTC Touch Pro (unbranded), Verizon/HTC XV6700 (Apache), Cingular/HTC 8125 (Wizard), Cingular/HTC SMT5600 (Typhoon), and various nameless, faceless analog flip phones... oh yeah, and a Motorola DynaTAC...

My wife has an iPhone...

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to hefman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

da__beast
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafite66 View Post
forgive me if this has been answered but could someone please explain to me the difference between differnce between LorD clockaN and RCMix?

thank you very much!
Because the same ARHD rom that runs on the Inspire can also run on the DesireHD (DHD) you need to search both threads for answers - a pain sometimes as there is a lot of posts in the DHD thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0040&page=6500

I found this for you in about a minute of searching - read the posts on this page and see if this will answer your question.
Before you post your question...SEARCH! (take the time to read the posts in the last few days - they might help!)
Don't forget to hit Thanks for those that help you!
Phone: HTC Inspire™ 4G
ROM: Android Revolution HD 7.3
Radio: 12.69A.60.29X_26.17.14.11_M (how-to)
Rooted & Radio S-Off: Advanced Ace Hack Kit
Recovery: 4EXT Recovery Touch - internauta2000 Sense Theme
Splash, Boot, Down screens: Whiskey103's John Blundon
Mods: V6 Supercharger, PVTweaks, Transparent Rosie Dock

The Following User Says Thank You to da__beast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lafite66
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thank you. I only asked because of the "panic" feeling you get when asked a question at the end of flashing the 7.0 series of revolution...or the "point of no return" lol

I am using the LorD kernel since it was implied as the default on final setup. no problems since a superwipe as recommended.

thank you!

sg

synnyster
Old
Thanks Meter 7
So I think I figured out why my battery was draining for no reason. When I go into the Daemon Controller, it was on the CPUFreq tab and set to ondemand The active daemon was set to none. I went to the OCD tab and set it to virtuous_oc so it showed it as the active daemon. I also tweaked the virtuous_oc min and max as well. But everytime I reboot my phone it sets it back to the CPUFreq and wipes out the active daemon to none. I have to remember to go into the Controller and reset it to virtuous_oc. Is there any way to make that as default?

frankusb
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Amazing ROM, thanks mike1986 for putting it together and sharing. I recently loaded 6.3.2 and I really like it. The only problem I've noticed was GPS performance. I use MyTracks to record my bike rides and it was way off, a 21 mile ride ended up showing 24 miles. I tried the suggestions in the FAQ to no avail. What I found worked for me was to simply put back the stock /etc/gps.conf from AT&T's ROM.

Code:
NTP_SERVER=north-america.pool.ntp.org
XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
SUPL_HOST=FQDN
SUPL_PORT=7275
SUPL_TLS_HOST=FQDN
SUPL_TLS_CERT=/etc/SuplRootCert
PHONE_TYPE=UMTS
With that the mileage recorded was between 1-2% off versus the 15% previous.

Frank

preacher65
Old
(Last edited by preacher65; 20th April 2012 at 12:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1341
Quote:
SoBut everytime I reboot my phone it sets it back to the CPUFreq and wipes out the active daemon to none. I have to remember to go into the Controller and reset it to virtuous_oc. Is there any way to make that as default?
It's been a while since I read about this, but if I remember correctly there were issues with some versions of Daemon Controller (3.5 maybe?). I thought the one in 7.0.3 was the one where this was fixed, but having checked the changelog I'm not so sure. Check Syb's thread and make sure you have the version in his sig - 3.3beta3.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1222020
LG Nexus 4: SlimKat (latest weekly) (4.4.2) with hells-Core b46t4 kernel

Asus Nexus 7 (2012): Stock (4.4.2)

Samsung Nexus 10: SlimKat (latest weekly) (4.4.2) with KTManta 04-06-2014 kernel

HTC Desire HD: Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies (4.4.2)

Tags
android, android revolution hd, rom htc inspire 4g