Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 53,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem with fixing GPS on Wildfire & CM 7

Tip us?

Worldplayer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Problem with fixing GPS on Wildfire & CM 7

Hi i have the typical problems with GPS on the CM7-Rom and yeah i know there are some threads who asked for the same problem....
i think i check all threads but still can't find a solution for my problem

my last try to fix the gps i used this thread because a lot of people said it works: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1579

... but after typing the 2nd command ( # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 ) in the terminal i got an error! you can see the error in the picture below

Can you tell me how to solve the problem or even tell me a better solution to fix the gps problem

Worldplayer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20110814_155230.png
Views:	182
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	688486  

3xeno
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,428
Reflash the radio. It can be found here:
http://rom.tat.tw/wildfire/wildpuzzl...3.35.19.25.zip
LGE Google Nexus 4 16GB - AOSPA 4.5+ | NVidia Shield Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB - Stock

Device History -Nokia 5110 >> Nokia 8310 >> Nokia N-Gage QD >> Nokia 6681 >> Nokia N82 >> Nokia 5320 XM >> HTC Wildfire >> Samsung Galaxy SII

The Following User Says Thank You to 3xeno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Worldplayer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Problem with fixing GPS on Wildfire & CM 7

hmm thank you for your answer i tried to install zip from sdcard but it doesn't work

by installing the zip it says:

Code:
hmm thank you for your answer i tried to install zip from sdcard but it doesn't work :confused:

by installing the zip it says:

Installing upadates...
Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
Installation aborted.

3xeno
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,428
It needs Clockworkmod 2.x. Flash this file first using your existing Clockworkmod 3.x/4.x, this will give you temporary 2.5, then flash the Radio file.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1311319218

Remember to have sufficient battery charge, and not interrupt the radio flashing process.

Device History -Nokia 5110 >> Nokia 8310 >> Nokia N-Gage QD >> Nokia 6681 >> Nokia N82 >> Nokia 5320 XM >> HTC Wildfire >> Samsung Galaxy SII

The Following User Says Thank You to 3xeno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hexameron
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Dont every type "dd" into a phone, it could go badly wrong. That fix is for a different phone, the important point is that you need to reset the cached GPS data. A factory reset would do that, but flashing the radio is not going to, you may as well just turn off the phone for a few minutes before restarting.( try it, it would be great if I was right).

There seem to be some problems with running GPS wrappers on Gingerbread if this sample of code from AOSP is any example:

(hardware/gpsshim/gps.c)

static void cleanup_wrapper() {
/* Cleanup is killing something that prevents further starts.
* Skip it for now :\ */
//originalGpsInterface->cleanup();
}

3xeno
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexameron View Post
Dont every type "dd" into a phone, it could go badly wrong. That fix is for a different phone, the important point is that you need to reset the cached GPS data. A factory reset would do that, but flashing the radio is not going to, you may as well just turn off the phone for a few minutes before restarting.( try it, it would be great if I was right).

There seem to be some problems with running GPS wrappers on Gingerbread if this sample of code from AOSP is any example:

(hardware/gpsshim/gps.c)

static void cleanup_wrapper() {
/* Cleanup is killing something that prevents further starts.
* Skip it for now :\ */
//originalGpsInterface->cleanup();
}
Actually, reflashing the radio does reset it. I am obviously not as technically inclined as you are, but, this is the fix I (and many others) have been using over so many months,. (Another alternative is to keep GPS switched on on your previous ROM, then flash the ROM, this also works)

Worldplayer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up [Q] Problem with fixing GPS on Wildfire & CM 7

Hey thank you very much 3xeno it worked perfect

hexameron
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I know that flashing the radio fixes the problem but it shouldn`t work, unless the wildfire is storing position data in the radio. Perhaps it is, because otherwise flashing the radio would do nothing more than a cold restart.

The alternative fix seems a lot harder :

1>Backup your ROM, then flash a ROM where GPS did work, activate GPS and start any GPS app (like Google maps).

2>Let it get a fix on your position and wait for a few minutes. Then restore your ROM...did the trick for me. Of course don't forget wipe and factory reset in-between.

Part 2 is unnecessary, because you have already fixed the GPS by flashing a ROM, so I am assuming that the factory reset is important.

youka151
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default yes it works finely!!

excuse me my bad english but i'll ansre with french :
Remplacer rom radio pour activer GPS sur HTC wildfire :
1-allumer le telephone.
2- activer rommanager > installer(recovery clockworkmod 2.5.0.7) >(fichier=update1.zip)
Site de telechargement recovery clockworkmod 2.5.0.7 :
http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachd.../3/update1.zip
site telechargement rom radio 3.35.19.25.zip :
http://www.phonandroid.com/forum/col...re-t10021.html
http://cmw.22aaf3.com/buzz/radio/
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/HTC...port_Downloads
3-restore from SDcard d’une backup
4-rommanager+install upate1.zip une deuscieme fois pour pouvoir installer radio 3.35.20.10
5-autre restore from SDcard d’une backup
6-Enjoy!!!