OP 64GUNSHIP

18th April 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nova Scotia
Thanks Meter: 17

131 posts
More
Hello all,

I'm planning to get a new Samsung Focus S off eBay within the next few months. They're selling as low as $350 shipping included so I figured I'd take advantage of the deal.
I currently have an LG Quantum (two of them, actually), which are loaded with apps and interop-unlocked. I can typically get 10-12 hours on a single charge, with moderate messaging and internet usage, email push @ 1 hour, etc.

I'm honestly not satisfied with that and hope this device has either similar or better battery life. What do you guys find your devices get? I'll be purchasing an extra battery with the Focus S by default, as I prefer to always be connected.

Also, is it possible to interop-unlock the Focus S, or is there custom ROMs available for it? Those two things are absolute musts.

And to anyone with a carrier unlocked Focus S, does MMS/picture messaging work?

Thanks.
18th April 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

76 posts
More
*removed post*
Last edited by cmilldrummin; 18th April 2012 at 10:57 PM.
19th April 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #3  
Flag Stanwood
Thanks Meter: 181

801 posts
More
I just got my S and trust me man, your gonna love it, battery gets me through my school day and sports afterwards returning home with about... 30% battery left? WiFi always on same with "4g". You can interop unlock it FREE by going to windowsbreak http://windowsphonehacker.com/windowbreak/ BUT so far no custom roms and I haven't gotten any info on development for 1. If you hear something keep me posted. I was also wondering about it SIM unlocked and if MMS and the likes work because I haven't even put mine on AT&T yet/ at all.
19th April 2012, 02:47 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
If you want a Focus S, now is the time to look for one. The market is a bit flooded after the "Smoked by Windows Phone" challenge down here, and Ebay US prices are now sub $300. In some cases, well below $300. Something to consider.
19th April 2012, 02:58 AM   |  #5  
Flag Stanwood

801 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlo100

If you want a Focus S, now is the time to look for one. The market is a bit flooded after the "Smoked by Windows Phone" challenge down here, and Ebay US prices are now sub $300. In some cases, well below $300. Something to consider.

Yup I stood in line for 5.5 hours in the pouring rain for mine Got a Titan for my dad too, since they had to take the challenge for me (not old enough)
20th April 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nova Scotia

131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreygtab

I just got my S and trust me man, your gonna love it, battery gets me through my school day and sports afterwards returning home with about... 30% battery left? WiFi always on same with "4g".

how many hours are we talking here? I usually go from 7 am to 4 pm on my quantum before its dead, usage dependant.

Sent from my LG-C900B using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
13th May 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nova Scotia

131 posts
More
At least we know you can copy/paste

I found a great deal here on the xda marketplace for a lightly used Focus S, just in the final dealings right now. I'm still a slight bit concerned about battery life.

16th May 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

220 posts
Maybe a little late to the party, but Id buy the phone.

I just picked up 2 of them for $200 each.

One off a friend and the other off craigslist.

These phones are a beauty.
16th May 2012, 07:27 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nova Scotia

131 posts
More
Thanks! I got one for $180.. In the mail now.

17th May 2012, 03:38 AM   |  #10  
Flag Stanwood

801 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GUNSHIP

Thanks! I got one for $180.. In the mail now.

Dude that's a steal! Yeah sorry I didn't comment on battery life, yeah that's from 6:30 AM to about 6:00 PM with moderate use, browser, texting, stream/playing music and light gaming. 12 hours with about a quarter fo third battery left. Good LUCK!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread