Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 44,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help flashing HTC inspire

Tip us?
 
Tomtomyoshi
Old
#1  
Tomtomyoshi's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 91
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default Need help flashing HTC inspire

Hello all, I currently have a g2x but I'm going to be flashing a HTC inspire for my buddy. Can anyone put up a link to the cm 7.2.0 rom? Is there even one for the inspire? If not can you give me a few roms to choose from that you may have a good experience with, as well as a kernel? ( unless the stock kernel for the rom has awesome battery life.) Aaaaand one other thing... am I going to be flashing this the exact way I flashed my g2x or is there a different method for each phone?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
 
GaToRxxx420
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Taylor
You could always search for the info on here or on Google. The info is there though.
 
Tomtomyoshi
Old
#3  
Tomtomyoshi's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 91
Join Date: Feb 2011
I've actually tried searching on here. I thought maybe someone who has done this on this specific phone e already could answer these questions to give me a head start. Not trying to be lazy or anything. That's just the best way to learn and the quickest

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
 
glevitan
Old
#4  
glevitan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,206
Posts: 3,271
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buenos Aires

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtomyoshi View Post
I've actually tried searching on here. I thought maybe someone who has done this on this specific phone e already could answer these questions to give me a head start. Not trying to be lazy or anything. That's just the best way to learn and the quickest

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
Every rom is different and mostly all need a full wipe when flashed. The best way to flash a rom is boot in recovery, wipe data / Factory rest, Wipe cache, format system and then install from sdcard, choose zip and install.

The first boot might take a while so donīt get anxious. Make sure that you check the MD5sum of the Rom file in the sdcard. And of course before you wipe everything make sure that you have the zip file in the sdcard.

Donīt use Rom Manager, because is not compatible with all roms and might fail...
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator
 
Tomtomyoshi
Old
#5  
Tomtomyoshi's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 91
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
Every rom is different and mostly all need a full wipe when flashed. The best way to flash a rom is boot in recovery, wipe data / Factory rest, Wipe cache, format system and then install from sdcard, choose zip and install.

The first boot might take a while so donīt get anxious. Make sure that you check the MD5sum of the Rom file in the sdcard. And of course before you wipe everything make sure that you have the zip file in the sdcard.

Donīt use Rom Manager, because is not compatible with all roms and might fail...
So what you are saying is its the same as flashing my g2x. I thought it may be different with different phones. Don't forget creating a back up of the stock rom too. Things can get messed up pretty easily. Cool cool though. Hopefully I can find the cm7 and Trinity for his inspire. Don't think so but worth a shot. Any suggestions for good rom/kernel combos?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
 
zelendel
Old
#6  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 11,007
Posts: 14,393
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Watching from the Shadows

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtomyoshi

So what you are saying is its the same as flashing my g2x. I thought it may be different with different phones. Don't forget creating a back up of the stock rom too. Things can get messed up pretty easily. Cool cool though. Hopefully I can find the cm7 and Trinity for his inspire. Don't think so but worth a shot. Any suggestions for good rom/kernel combos?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
OK spend some time reading on the dev threads will tell you all you need to know. There is no spoon feeding here. Take the ACE hack kit that you will need to use. If you don't pay close attention and read it top to bottom you will have problems. So take the time and do the research.

There is no easy way. Only a right and wrong way.





If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly


THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Try to Keep Up with Just Swipe Game

Sometimes, the simplest of games are the ones that end up beingthe most addictive and end up consuming … more

MultiROM Ported to the Moto E

Few categoriesof Android development are as intrinsically interestingas the ability to boot into multiple … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: How to Control Google Play Wake Locks – XDA Developer TV

Xposed Modules are usually pretty simple. There are a few … more

Make Text Entry More Efficient with Macro Text Expansion

One of the best things about the modern day smartphone is its ability to save us … more