White Streak parts

Tip us?

sanyokt4j
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Default White Streak parts

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I'd been wanting to make my black aws model into a white one for quite a while, now that I'd found a place that supplies them I wanted to share it with the rest of our community. Will report back on how it goes and quality of pieces once I get them.

http://www.acceport.com/dell-streak-mini-5.html
The Following User Says Thank You to sanyokt4j For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

win2012
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How are the parts? Are they good? Im curious how u install those parts... I think it's rather difficult right?

sanyokt4j
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
I've yet to receive them but i'm expecting those sometime in the coming week, I'll update the op with pics and impressions

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1433

DONATE TO ME
If you're taking apart yours to swap bodies, you should try and see if there's any visual differences.

The site you linked to had 'OEM' docks but the pictured ones are just cheap generic ones and not actual OEM ones.
(They're also priced as cheap generic docks, it could simply be they're labeled incorrectly, but still)

Hopefully what you ordered is the real thing and not a copy.
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock KOT49H (4.4.2) 2013 N7: Stock KOT49H (4.4.2)
Touchpad: CM11 KOT49H (4.4.2) iTouch 5G: Stock 10B146 (6.1.2)

sanyokt4j
Old
(Last edited by sanyokt4j; 16th April 2012 at 08:26 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
will do, currently I have a black aws model and white att one so I'll have the actual dell one to compare quality with.

and yes the docks seem to be cheap generic stuff.

crashDebug
Old
Thanks Meter 31
i wonder, are the buttons included?
3210 (still alive and well) > 7110 (sold) > 6600 (sold) > 6600 (sold) > n70 (still alive and well) > hd (sold) > streak (alive but broken) > sensation xe (sold) > nexus S (sold) > desire (sold) > nexus 4 + g pad

sanyokt4j
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashDebug View Post
i wonder, are the buttons included?
I would think no since they have a listing for white buttons as well, I ordered those as well as the back and battery cover.

TheManii
Old
Thanks Meter 1433

DONATE TO ME
Hmm, but they only offer 'white' (even though the pictured ones are black), each color also has matching colored buttons(?)

On a side note you can almost completely refurbish a S5 for ~$150, the only things missing are the mobo, the bezel side bumpers (the shiny plastic part) and some minor internal pieces.
XDA Wiki Moderator

sanyokt4j
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Yeah I'd noticed their picture is of black ones, I'd emailed them and they assured me the buttons would be white in color. I think getting a new board to do a full refurb would be a bit difficult considering that its an aws model and last time i spoke with dell they denied its existence plus i just want a white aws streak....

TheManii
Old
Thanks Meter 1433

DONATE TO ME
I was speaking hypothetically in regards to the refurbing, it's likely easier to get a donor mobo to refurb around instead of doing a full refurb with 'new' parts.

They dont offer black or red buttons though? They offer black and red bodies but not the buttons.

Wonder how hard it would be to get a purple one, purples ones existed for prototype streaks.
XDA Wiki Moderator