XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ICS][AOKP/Gummy/CNA/CM9 Kang] Discussion Thread

Tip us?

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,394

DONATE TO ME
Just wondered how folks battery life has been on the latest builds? Mine seems fair...I keep my brightness turned up past 50% most of the day, netting around 3-4hrs of screen on time. Oc @ 1200mhz with stock uv, but keep in mind Im using a epic 4g 1800mah battery... so subtract 6-8 hrs.

Glitched AOKP 31
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

neh4pres
Old
Thanks Meter 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
Just wondered how folks battery life has been on the latest builds? Mine seems fair...I keep my brightness turned up past 50% most of the day, netting around 3-4hrs of screen on time. Oc @ 1200mhz with stock uv, but keep in mind Im using a epic 4g 1800mah battery... so subtract 6-8 hrs.

http://[IMG]http://i223.photobucket.....png[/IMG]

Glitched AOKP 31
I have never gotten that kind of life, sense dj05 anyway.. i just got that same battery.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

endomatic
Old
Thanks Meter 69
My battery life with the same battery is close but not quite that awesome. Running B32. Steve seems to have this thing dialed. I had compass problems with 31 but not now!

AuroEdge
Old
(Last edited by AuroEdge; 18th April 2012 at 03:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Is the fast charge toggle affected by Rom Control > Performance > Fast Charge?

Edit: it is

XxStechxX
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Hey thanks totally didn't realize I could do that *228,,,,,1 thing!

Glitchy AOKP SCH-I500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

bwt_3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default AOKP Questions

I just installed AOKP b32 after having been on CM7 for a while. It's great, though there are a couple of odd issues that have come up that I can't find solutions for:

1) Is there any way to disable haptic feedback for the app drawer shortcut in the launcher?

2) Since installing AOKP my device is no longer recognized by adb. I can't guarantee they're related but it does seem like quite a coincidence. I've already tried uninstalling the SDK and replacing it with the most recent version, and doing the same with the Samsung drivers, to no avail. I have checked that fast charging is turned off.

3) The 3/17 Gapps file doesn't seem to do anything even though CWM claims it's installed; I've had to download Maps, etc. from the market individually. Which is fine, but I've tried to install the Car Dock app from an older Gapps manually but without any success. I've tried installing the .apk from the file manager, and copied it into data/app/ through the terminal emulator. Is there any other way to install this manually and have it work?

Jay Evans
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwt_3 View Post
3) The 3/17 Gapps file doesn't seem to do anything even though CWM claims it's installed; I've had to download Maps, etc. from the market individually. Which is fine, but I've tried to install the Car Dock app from an older Gapps manually but without any success. I've tried installing the .apk from the file manager, and copied it into data/app/ through the terminal emulator. Is there any other way to install this manually and have it work?
Maps is not in the 3/17 Gapps zip

There is no Google Car Dock for ICS AFAIK. Google has not updated the GB version to work with ICS as of yet.
S4
Note 8.0

"Root hog or lose your tater!"

Paxdad
Old
Thanks Meter 24
On build 32 on my Fascinate I noticed I was unable to download a mms picture while on wifi. I had to switch over 3g to download. Anyone else seeing this? Any tweaking I can do to fix?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Paxdad
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Here is my average battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334786546440.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1012287   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334786573500.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1012288  

mezster
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwt_3 View Post

I use the Google car home app in aokp and it works just fine. Found a flashable a zip somewhere a while back. When installing manually there are 2 apps - carhomegoogle.apk and carhomelauncher.apk. need both for it to work.