Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,421 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ICS AOSP ROM] "AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) [BETA 03/11/2012]

Tip us?

Dri94
Old
(Last edited by Dri94; 18th April 2012 at 08:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
Is it known that vlc works for playing videos? Atleast it does mp4 file that the regular video player wouldnt play link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=22969714

Edit:i might have spoke too son. Can someone else see if it works for them? Dont try and load the app. Just click video and select open with vlc

redsox985
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovelayer View Post
Latest on there shows last as 4/12 as well.. so no nightly sends then?
Oh ****. Didn't even look at the dates. I was just so happy to see a newer version available than I had.

Since, I have gone to SD 5, and it's essentially AOKP, but with better battery life.

nemiroG1
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senate9690 View Post
Also getting this but I am running Gummy. Reboot fixes as well. Makes sense that both roms have this issue since the device code is forked from the same source(s). Hopefully someone figures it out, its become such an annoyance. But like someone said above it'd be hard to go back to GB
Did it to me again as I was about to take an important call. Reboot did not fix it this time. I had to roll back to GB last night
Phone #1: Samsung Galaxy S4
ROM: Liquid Smooth 3.0
Recovery: TWRP Touch
Bootloader: MDB
Radio: NC1

Phone #2: Samsung Galaxy SIII
ROM: Liquid Smooth
Recovery: CWM Touch
Radio: UCUEMJB

Retired: Motorola Droid 3, HTC Vision G2, OG HTC G1

Dri94
Old
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
CONFIRMED!!!

vlc works flawlessly for playing videos on the phone. I was able to search and start and audio and video are in perfect sync.

Hashcode could even look at how vlc plays the file to find a way to get hardware codecs working!!

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 21979

DONATE TO ME
Old ROMbot resurrected for another day or 2 while we get the new and improved one online:
http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/solana/aokp/

There's a new build as of 4/17 for you guys.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ovelayer
Old
(Last edited by ovelayer; 19th April 2012 at 03:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 355
4/17 build... rom manager force closes on boot and when messing with any options...

Edit:
Sorry after fiddilin a bit more I found the problem to be the custom safestrap I was using!
As usual great rom running good

Edit 2:
Anyone know when we will get caller id then ring option back?

ovelayer
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dri94 View Post
Is it known that vlc works for playing videos? Atleast it does mp4 file that the regular video player wouldnt play link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=22969714

Edit:i might have spoke too son. Can someone else see if it works for them? Dont try and load the app. Just click video and select open with vlc
For playing videos i use mx player..works great!

seventieslord
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemiroG1 View Post
I made some tweaks to the US GSM build.prop file for XT862 from above. I can confirm that I can make/receive calls, and have both EDGE and 3G (H) data on this. Also, WiFi, GPS and BT all seem to work.
I am using cm9. Do you think this would work for me?

The reason I ask is the working BT, also I would like to see if that fixes the random "no audio" issues in cm9.

But at the same time I don't want to screw anything up. My radio works (mostly) and it wasn't easy to get to that point.

Sent from my XT862 using XDA

nemiroG1
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I imagine it would work, but I, too, am having no audio issues, that do not necessarily seem BT related. See my posts above.
Phone #1: Samsung Galaxy S4
ROM: Liquid Smooth 3.0
Recovery: TWRP Touch
Bootloader: MDB
Radio: NC1

Phone #2: Samsung Galaxy SIII
ROM: Liquid Smooth
Recovery: CWM Touch
Radio: UCUEMJB

Retired: Motorola Droid 3, HTC Vision G2, OG HTC G1

The_Joe
Old
Thanks Meter 43
My experience this last week has been less than awesome sadly. Tonight I am updating to the 4/18 build and maybe that will fix some of the issues, otherwise maybe I will try out "Gummy" or "Steel Droid"

I dont remember exactly what build I have been using, and I dont know how to check. I think it was 4/8 or so.

This week I have had no audio calls, as others have reported, and texts sent to the wrong person (As well as other SMS issues). Since I am not a developer, I dont know whats causing this. I use handcent, but the same thing shows up in the stock texting ap.

I will do a search through my text messages to find a message from one of my managers, then send a reply to that thread. 15 mins later I get a response from my buddy in Cali, who received the message. It shows that it is going to the right number, but despite this it is received by the wrong person. Weird and disturbing. I then long pressed the message to resend it, [from the conversation thread with the desired recipient] still went to the wrong recipient. I then copied the message text and tried again, this time it finally went to my manager.

Could this be related to my manager not being in my contact list? (He is a temp, so I just use search to find a message from him, then reply to it.) This is the same method I use for woman until a 3rd date (Why add them to the contact list if Im going to stop talking to them in a week?) and now I am worried that some of the girls who I thought were not interested and not responding simply never received my texts.

As I said, I dont know if this is a handcent problem or a rom problem. If this is a handcent problem, does any one have suggestions about which texting ap they like that has a "quick text" option?

I have also had an afternoon where I received no messages, then all of the sudden I received all of them at once. I was not in a no service zone. This is bothersome.

The good stuff is my battery life is fine, and the rom is mostly stable!

Im not being knit picky, I just want to share my experiences so that things can improve. Much props to Hashcode for porting ICS to this device!
Well when you really break it down, the steps to modifying a Turbocharged Diesel engine and overclocking a modern computer processor are VERY comparable.