Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,686 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] A501 baseband values?

Tip us?

tangodude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] A501 baseband values?

I noticed that there are a few ROMs for the A501 that I want to try out. I have a AT&T A501 and I assume that in order to keep the 4G interface I have to maintain the same baseband values that I currently have? Is it correct to assume that if I flash a non-AT&T based A501 ROM that 3G will function fine -- it just won't be 4G?

Does anyone know the baseband values for the ROM listed as "A501 HC 3.2 Stock Rooted?"

Is it possible to flash the Alexandra III ROM and then subsequently flash back to the correct baseband values?

Thanks

Moscow Desire
Old
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Thanks Meter 5809

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodude View Post
I noticed that there are a few ROMs for the A501 that I want to try out. I have a AT&T A501 and I assume that in order to keep the 4G interface I have to maintain the same baseband values that I currently have? Is it correct to assume that if I flash a non-AT&T based A501 ROM that 3G will function fine -- it just won't be 4G?

Does anyone know the baseband values for the ROM listed as "A501 HC 3.2 Stock Rooted?"

Is it possible to flash the Alexandra III ROM and then subsequently flash back to the correct baseband values?

Thanks
Hello! Generally, you can flash just about any 501 rom without doing any damage to your baseband. Nobody has complained yet

And yes, you will probably only get 3g on your tab, although 1 person claimed he was still getting 4g in CanadaI believe. Not sure if it was true 4g, or it was just indicating that.

You might want to wait a little bit. An ICS build was just leaked today for the 501. So if you can wait, you may still be able to retain the 4g. No promises.

Want to avoid a vacation to the Frostlands? Then Follow the XDA Rules Here

Though I walk among the trolls, I fear them not, for I am the Troll King
Killen dem Trolls since 2011
Acer Iconia A701***A501***ExPlay X-Tremer***HTC Desire***Desire S

ordio
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire View Post
Hello! Generally, you can flash just about any 501 rom without doing any damage to your baseband. Nobody has complained yet

And yes, you will probably only get 3g on your tab, although 1 person claimed he was still getting 4g in CanadaI believe. Not sure if it was true 4g, or it was just indicating that.

You might want to wait a little bit. An ICS build was just leaked today for the 501. So if you can wait, you may still be able to retain the 4g. No promises.
That was me (being in Canada and getting 4g), or at least it seemed 4g. Definitely faster than my 3g galaxy s.

What are you getting for up/Down with at&t? At least it'll give me a comparison.

I'm using the rogers variant but its unlocked and I'm on bell. Works great at least.

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk 2

tangodude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Moscow,

Thanks for the reply. I think I will wait a little while longer to see if ICS shows any promise. I got my a501 with 3.2 already loaded on it so I would have to revert to get root. Something I'm not too eager in doing since I have no way of backing up my original configuration. Alexandria III really interested me because of the 4g occurrence in one of the posts. It would given me a little more confidence if it had been an at&t user.

tangodude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordio View Post
That was me (being in Canada and getting 4g), or at least it seemed 4g. Definitely faster than my 3g galaxy s.

What are you getting for up/Down with at&t? At least it'll give me a comparison.

I'm using the rogers variant but its unlocked and I'm on bell. Works great at least.

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk 2
The best speedtest result was 2.672Mbps down and .954Mbps up which seems slow to me considering my ATRIX2 gets 10.49Mbps down and 1.07Mbps up both are considered to be AT&T 4g devices. What are you getting in your part of the world?