Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ring of Yellow Spots on Screen (White Background)

Tip us?

zhix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Ring of Yellow Spots on Screen (White Background)

Has anyone seen a ring of yellow spots on around the screen when view on a white background ? or am I the only one holding a lemon?

the yellow spots doesn't seem to hamper normal operation so i haven't really bang any tables at HTC yet but it is disturbing for a brand new device.

i'm also hoping this is the glue that is holding the screen to the phone and it wil eventually dry up and disappear like Samsung S2

http://imageshack.us/content_round.p...potspointe.png
The Following User Says Thank You to zhix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JunKisaragi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhix View Post
Has anyone seen a ring of yellow spots on around the screen when view on a white background ? or am I the only one holding a lemon?

the yellow spots doesn't seem to hamper normal operation so i haven't really bang any tables at HTC yet but it is disturbing for a brand new device.

i'm also hoping this is the glue that is holding the screen to the phone and it wil eventually dry up and disappear like Samsung S2
Thanks for posting.

On my 3rd trip to have my second unit replaced, the third one had a huge yellow spot that's visible on the welcome screen (HTC). It's located at the upper left corner. It's interesting to note however that I did not notice yellow spots on the first two units.

The store I went to only had three on stock, and all of 'em had "cosmetic" defects. The third one having the yellow spot and a silvery dot inside the glass that's not part of the LCD nor the bezel. Dunno where that came from.

Cancelled my purchase and I guess will just hold off on buying a new one 'til HTC can sort their sh** out.

kartikk
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhix View Post

http://imageshack.us/content_round.p...potspointe.png
my dad got the HTC one v a few days ago..it had one yellow spot in the corner
..so i had it replaced & the new one doesn't seem to have any such yellow dots
after 3days of use..hope it stays that way
Press the Thanks button if i helped you

Device : Samsung Galaxy Nexus
ROM : [ROM] [Official] VANIR (4.3 Nightlies)
Kernel : VANIR stock 4.3

Device History : HTC Desire S > Samsung Galaxy Nexus

IsonNick
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Today when I was browsning on a white homepage I noticed this as well. But it's so little that I don't see it as problem.

zhix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
i bought a 2nd unit for my dad and it had the SAME problem .. yellow dots all around the sides of the screen. I'm suspecting that it's the glue that's holding the screen. it's not a functional issue but looks ugly that's all. Now considering if I should return both sets to HTC.

zhix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
starting to see people reporting these yellow spots .. i'm hoping these spots will disappear with use but doesn't seem to be.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclien...w=1241&bih=564

d33f
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Default Acknowledgement from HTC

http://focustaiwan.tw/ShowNews/WebNe...D=201204180041
- Currently: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Before: HTC One X (White/H23 Taiwan) running Viper X 4.0.6
- Before: HTC HD2 (sold)
- Backup: Sony Ericsson w810i still running strong after all those years with a standby time of 2 weeks xD

Renise
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i was feeling kind of down because of it actually, thought that was me having this problem only. but other people encountering the same, someone went to have a one to one replacement, yet, still having this issue, hope HTC will improve soon

Here are some pictures when I was unboxing it *just for sharing*

[[ HTC One V__]]

zhix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I went to replace the 2 phones at the service center yesterday and they wouldn't commit to a 1-1 replacement claiming they need to get "management" approval. They also won't confirm that the new replacement phones will solve the problem saying that the replacement phones (if given) comes straight from the warehouse.

will update what happens when i receive the new phones.

zhix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
See reply from HTC SEA

Quote"
Thank you for your reply, the yellow screen of the products is due to the manufacturer of the screen, we sincerely apologized so much inconvenience and issues caused to you. Kindly check your new phone after you received it, if there is any problems please contact us agian!

Best Regards HTC
"Unquote