Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Ring of Yellow Spots on Screen (White Background)

OP zhix

16th April 2012, 01:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

112 posts
Has anyone seen a ring of yellow spots on around the screen when view on a white background ? or am I the only one holding a lemon?

the yellow spots doesn't seem to hamper normal operation so i haven't really bang any tables at HTC yet but it is disturbing for a brand new device.

i'm also hoping this is the glue that is holding the screen to the phone and it wil eventually dry up and disappear like Samsung S2

http://imageshack.us/content_round.p...potspointe.png
The Following User Says Thank You to zhix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #2  

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhix

Has anyone seen a ring of yellow spots on around the screen when view on a white background ? or am I the only one holding a lemon?

the yellow spots doesn't seem to hamper normal operation so i haven't really bang any tables at HTC yet but it is disturbing for a brand new device.

i'm also hoping this is the glue that is holding the screen to the phone and it wil eventually dry up and disappear like Samsung S2

Thanks for posting.

On my 3rd trip to have my second unit replaced, the third one had a huge yellow spot that's visible on the welcome screen (HTC). It's located at the upper left corner. It's interesting to note however that I did not notice yellow spots on the first two units.

The store I went to only had three on stock, and all of 'em had "cosmetic" defects. The third one having the yellow spot and a silvery dot inside the glass that's not part of the LCD nor the bezel. Dunno where that came from.

Cancelled my purchase and I guess will just hold off on buying a new one 'til HTC can sort their sh** out.
18th April 2012, 02:54 PM   |  #3  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 64

441 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhix

http://imageshack.us/content_round.p...potspointe.png

my dad got the HTC one v a few days ago..it had one yellow spot in the corner
..so i had it replaced & the new one doesn't seem to have any such yellow dots
after 3days of use..hope it stays that way
19th April 2012, 12:21 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

63 posts
Today when I was browsning on a white homepage I noticed this as well. But it's so little that I don't see it as problem.
19th April 2012, 01:47 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

112 posts
i bought a 2nd unit for my dad and it had the SAME problem .. yellow dots all around the sides of the screen. I'm suspecting that it's the glue that's holding the screen. it's not a functional issue but looks ugly that's all. Now considering if I should return both sets to HTC.
19th April 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

112 posts
starting to see people reporting these yellow spots .. i'm hoping these spots will disappear with use but doesn't seem to be.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclien...w=1241&bih=564
19th April 2012, 08:40 PM   |  #7  
Flag Kerkrade, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 51

396 posts
More
Acknowledgement from HTC
http://focustaiwan.tw/ShowNews/WebNe...D=201204180041
21st April 2012, 06:24 AM   |  #8  
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
i was feeling kind of down because of it actually, thought that was me having this problem only. but other people encountering the same, someone went to have a one to one replacement, yet, still having this issue, hope HTC will improve soon

Here are some pictures when I was unboxing it *just for sharing*

23rd April 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

112 posts
I went to replace the 2 phones at the service center yesterday and they wouldn't commit to a 1-1 replacement claiming they need to get "management" approval. They also won't confirm that the new replacement phones will solve the problem saying that the replacement phones (if given) comes straight from the warehouse.

will update what happens when i receive the new phones.
23rd April 2012, 10:43 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

112 posts
See reply from HTC SEA

Quote"
Thank you for your reply, the yellow screen of the products is due to the manufacturer of the screen, we sincerely apologized so much inconvenience and issues caused to you. Kindly check your new phone after you received it, if there is any problems please contact us agian!

Best Regards HTC
"Unquote

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread