[Q] Buying the glide from AT&T store without contract

OP taiber2000

13th April 2012, 09:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31

394 posts
More
Is it possible? i have a friend that should be int the sates on October and i want him to buy it from the AT&T store, but can he buy it without any contract or a sim card?
if not is there any other way? i don't want to buy it directly and ship it to my country cos the taxes here will make the purchase unjustified (will add more the 125$ not including the shipment).
The Following User Says Thank You to taiber2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 11:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag Queens, NY
Thanks Meter: 117

1,101 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes, you can buy any phone that AT&T sales in stores without a contact.....except the iPhone. Currently the off contract of the Captivate Glide is $500 though from AT&T

If I helped you, please press the Thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to ronj1986 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 12:11 PM   |  #3  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 22

222 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiber2000

Is it possible? i have a friend that should be int the sates on October and i want him to buy it from the AT&T store, but can he buy it without any contract or a sim card?
if not is there any other way? i don't want to buy it directly and ship it to my country cos the taxes here will make the purchase unjustified (will add more the 125$ not including the shipment).

Or via amazonwireless.com

(ps. I hit thanks by accident on your message and i don't know how to remove it!)
The Following User Says Thank You to sbiricuda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 12:36 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

43 posts
I bought mine from Amazon Wireless, as phone only (phone upgrade), $ 399, and then unlock with an on-line service ($ 25).
18th April 2012, 05:38 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

394 posts
More
the problem wit amazonwireless for me is that i need to have a US adress, there is a service for that but the charge an arm and a leg.
plus the taxes to import the phone makes it unwise to buy it online. i need to cheack with the customs again, maybe (if buddha will premit) there wont be import taxes on this phone (VAT will probley will be but its low amount).
18th April 2012, 12:19 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I live in Europe and went to US in March and a tried to buy this phone in a AT&T Store and it was not possible. Even to buy the phone without contract they require a contract plan. I did buy the phone thru ebay later. I would suggest you the same if you have access to US address.
18th April 2012, 02:36 PM   |  #7  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 100

572 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSooth

I live in Europe and went to US in March and a tried to buy this phone in a AT&T Store and it was not possible. Even to buy the phone without contract they require a contract plan. I did buy the phone thru ebay later. I would suggest you the same if you have access to US address.

That makes no sense why does a no contract purchase require a contract??
18th April 2012, 11:22 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudejb

That makes no sense why does a no contract purchase require a contract??

They will only sell you the phone if you have a plan subscribed
19th April 2012, 06:15 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

394 posts
More
is there anybody who tried to order thr glide from amazonwireless to a non-us adress?
19th April 2012, 12:57 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
More
I bought mine on ebay (is quite cheaper than amazonwireless), altough shipping to Germany took a while the purchase was flawless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread