Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Buying the glide from AT&T store without contract

Tip us?

taiber2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default [Q] Buying the glide from AT&T store without contract

Is it possible? i have a friend that should be int the sates on October and i want him to buy it from the AT&T store, but can he buy it without any contract or a sim card?
if not is there any other way? i don't want to buy it directly and ship it to my country cos the taxes here will make the purchase unjustified (will add more the 125$ not including the shipment).
The Following User Says Thank You to taiber2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ronj1986
Old
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
Yes, you can buy any phone that AT&T sales in stores without a contact.....except the iPhone. Currently the off contract of the Captivate Glide is $500 though from AT&T

If I helped you, please press the Thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to ronj1986 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sbiricuda
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiber2000 View Post
Is it possible? i have a friend that should be int the sates on October and i want him to buy it from the AT&T store, but can he buy it without any contract or a sim card?
if not is there any other way? i don't want to buy it directly and ship it to my country cos the taxes here will make the purchase unjustified (will add more the 125$ not including the shipment).
Or via amazonwireless.com

(ps. I hit thanks by accident on your message and i don't know how to remove it!)
The Following User Says Thank You to sbiricuda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gkri
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I bought mine from Amazon Wireless, as phone only (phone upgrade), $ 399, and then unlock with an on-line service ($ 25).

taiber2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
the problem wit amazonwireless for me is that i need to have a US adress, there is a service for that but the charge an arm and a leg.
plus the taxes to import the phone makes it unwise to buy it online. i need to cheack with the customs again, maybe (if buddha will premit) there wont be import taxes on this phone (VAT will probley will be but its low amount).

SoulSooth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I live in Europe and went to US in March and a tried to buy this phone in a AT&T Store and it was not possible. Even to buy the phone without contract they require a contract plan. I did buy the phone thru ebay later. I would suggest you the same if you have access to US address.

dudejb
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSooth View Post
I live in Europe and went to US in March and a tried to buy this phone in a AT&T Store and it was not possible. Even to buy the phone without contract they require a contract plan. I did buy the phone thru ebay later. I would suggest you the same if you have access to US address.
That makes no sense why does a no contract purchase require a contract??

SoulSooth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudejb View Post
That makes no sense why does a no contract purchase require a contract??
They will only sell you the phone if you have a plan subscribed

taiber2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
is there anybody who tried to order thr glide from amazonwireless to a non-us adress?

Alex2221
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I bought mine on ebay (is quite cheaper than amazonwireless), altough shipping to Germany took a while the purchase was flawless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using XDA