Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 38,075 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best ICS Rom?

Tip us?

chris_sd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Best ICS Rom?

For you guys that have tried all of the ICS ROM's, which one do you recommend?

It is hard to determine from the threads as they don't list what is working/not working. The ones i can see available right now are:

1) AOKP
2) Genesis
3) Owain
4) Hellfire
5) Eaglesblood AOSP

Thanks, Chris

Klathmon
Old
Thanks Meter 230

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_sd View Post
For you guys that have tried all of the ICS ROM's, which one do you recommend?

It is hard to determine from the threads as they don't list what is working/not working. The ones i can see available right now are:

1) AOKP
2) Genesis
3) Owain
4) Hellfire
5) Eaglesblood AOSP

Thanks, Chris
Just search the threads for the word working. Or look at the other threads like this, there's a ton of e'm

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
If i helped you, dont forget to hit THANKS!

IRASadPanda
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Use them all then decide which one YOU like best.
The sun is slowly fallin', we all should surely die eventually.
So what's your calling? Oh, you left your phone behind?

chris_sd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
This is exactly what i want to avoid. Reading through thousands of posts or flashing and using several different roms. I am looking for input from people who have already done this.

Mr. Apocalypse
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
This is exactly what i want to avoid. Reading through thousands of posts or flashing and using several different roms. I am looking for input from people who have already done this.
I usually don't respond to topics like this, and i'm sorry if this sounds mean, but that just sounds lazy.

Follow me on Twitter: MrApocalypseDEV
Github: MrApocalypse
Goo-inside.me mirrors:MrApocalypse

Nexus 5 (aka hammerhead)
ROM: Exodus - KK 4.4.4 - Stable 7

Nexus 7 2013 (aka flo)

Samsung Vibrant
ROM:Rage-beta3

Samsung GSII (Epic 4G Touch)
ROM:ApocalyptoCM10.2 (Unreleased)

LG G2x (Retired)
ROM:ApocalyptoCM7 (Unreleased)

My Past Creations
ROMs(G2x):Bionix 3 | Bionix Reloaded | Genesis
Themes(Vibrant):BlacKnight|GingerRED v3 | Matrix Boot Animations
Kernels(Vibrant):Immortality | Immortality-CM | 99Problemz

GD3tyrone
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i like EB ICS AOSP combined with the apex launcher, i just flashed hellfire last night and my screen doesnt come on sometimes, and i would have to take out the batt and reboot the phone.

russell956956
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
I dont mean to bash or anything, but there are many threads very similiar to this one, and you cant really base yourself on other people's input because every phone
is different. Most of the time someones ROM+Kernel combo might be very terrible on your phone while some might even work fime. Regardless of whether you want to do it or not, the best way to find out what the 'best' ROM is would be to flash and use every ROM you think is interesting and in the end decide which one worked best on your phone and then go on and try different Kernels to see if there is any improvement.

Again i dont meant to flame.

Good luck! (:

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

desynch-
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Owain+Harsh kernel because I like USB Mass Storage. lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desynch- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lannister80
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Apocalypse View Post
I usually don't respond to topics like this, and i'm sorry if this sounds mean, but that just sounds lazy.
Reinventing the wheel is stupid. Is it lazy to look up that gravitational acceleration on Earth is 9.8m/s squared, or should I start dropping rocks off a high building to figure it out myself? It is lazy to look up Amazon reviews on a product, or should I order each and every one myself and then decide the merits independently?

There are like 20 damn ICS ROMs for the P999, all of which are probably 95% the same except for stupid stuff like theme/colors. It's confusing as hell.

Which ones are good? Which ones are lame? In what way? I want to know as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to lannister80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr. Apocalypse
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lannister80 View Post
Reinventing the wheel is stupid. Is it lazy to look up that gravitational acceleration on Earth is 9.8m/s squared, or should I start dropping rocks off a high building to figure it out myself? It is lazy to look up Amazon reviews on a product, or should I order each and every one myself and then decide the merits independently?

There are like 20 damn ICS ROMs for the P999, all of which are probably 95% the same except for stupid stuff like theme/colors. It's confusing as hell.

Which ones are good? Which ones are lame? In what way? I want to know as well.
Each phone is unique, like people. Same parts, different ways of working, different ways of responding to different mods. What's lame to one person may not be lame to the next guy. What runs well for you may not run well for him. The ONLY way to find out what works best for you and your phone is to experiment with all of them, try them out for about a week each and stay on whatever you like best. That is what we all do. There was no magic guru or button that told us what was best. I've seen hundreds of these kinds of posts, and it asks the same question and gets the same replies. And last I looked, there wasn't 20 ICS roms in the p999 section, GB maybe but not ICS. There are about 7, Owain's, HFS, 2 Eaglesbloods, AOKP, Arcee's SelfKang and Genesis. Try them all, rate them and you decide for yourself what's best for you .

Sent from my G2X XDA app cuz I'm stalking your mom....

Follow me on Twitter: MrApocalypseDEV
Github: MrApocalypse
Goo-inside.me mirrors:MrApocalypse

Nexus 5 (aka hammerhead)

Nexus 7 2013 (aka flo)

Samsung Vibrant
ROM:Rage-beta3

Samsung GSII (Epic 4G Touch)
ROM:ApocalyptoCM10.2 (Unreleased)

LG G2x (Retired)