Thread Closed

[ROM][4.0.4][MTD] CyanogenMod 9.0.0 | READ : http://goo.gl/rkEeh

18th April 2012, 10:39 PM   |  #3101  
grukko's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
322 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alroger

It's explained in the OP.
sgt7 has more tweaks from peeps here... like sbradymobile's Trebuchet.
CM is official, standar CM.

You can build either.[COLOR="Silver"]


Thanks. How are updates to cm updated to sgt7? Do the devs need to do this manually or is there some kind of merge script? Just kind of curious how this works.
18th April 2012, 10:55 PM   |  #3102  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 617
 
358 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by grukko

Thanks. How are updates to cm updated to sgt7? Do the devs need to do this manually or is there some kind of merge script? Just kind of curious how this works.

The sgt7 repo is now using the device trees from CyanogenMod (kernel to come soon); for the other repositories I simply add an upstream remote and git merge then push to our repository.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbradymobile For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 11:26 PM   |  #3103  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
238 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Yet another confirmation. Two confirmations in fact.

First: compiling works. I used the latest instructions (brunch) today to successfully compile a ZIP that booted, and ran quite happily after installing it from CWM. I ran a slightly earlier 4.0.4 which used MTD, so this was simply a case of installing the ZIP over the earlier build. Didn't even loose any data.

Second: the rear camera works with the stock app.

This ROM is getting to be the best. Awesome job, guys!
19th April 2012, 07:50 AM   |  #3104  
cdesai's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag IN YOUR HEAD
Thanks Meter: 3,999
 
2,278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
The p1 kernel changes have to support inline kernel building have been merged into the cm tree now (was an issue with permissions)

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14897/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdesai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 08:03 AM   |  #3105  
cleonardo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag HO CHI MINH CITY
Thanks Meter: 14
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky24x7

Yeah battery life is improved!
UPDATE 15/4/2012 Here you go: ge.tt/9KloMMG/v/0?c

Happy to help! [COLOR="Silver"]

[SIZE=1]


My P1000 is using galaxy teamkang when i tried rom ics cm9 ,then but my boot flashing continuously.
19th April 2012, 08:10 AM   |  #3106  
cdesai's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag IN YOUR HEAD
Thanks Meter: 3,999
 
2,278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Yaay, one more good news

Got kexec working on p1
Those who have worked with linux kernels might know what it is
In short - it allows booting a kernel from sd, so you just flash a special zip and then that kernel is booted from sd, on a reboot it reverts back to the kernel you had before flashing the kexec zip

Will make kernel testing a LOT easier

Patch here : http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14898/

Test Kernel : http://goo.im/devs/cdesai/p1/kernels

Just flash the zip downloaded from the above location, and it'll boot the kernel from sd
Booting might take longer than usual, but it'll boot eventually
Reboot your tab, and you'll be back to the previous kernel
Last edited by cdesai; 19th April 2012 at 08:13 AM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cdesai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 11:31 AM   |  #3107  
Senior Member
Flag vitoria-gasteiz (basque Country)
Thanks Meter: 114
 
275 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
I ve got this error at the end of the compilation. Someone can help? thanks in advance.


Install system fs image: out/target/product/p1/system.img
out/target/product/p1/system.img+ total size is 193503020
Package target files: out/target/product/p1/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/cm_p1-target_files-eng.jpmr.zip
Package OTA: out/target/product/p1/cm_p1-ota-eng.jpmr.zip
./device/samsung/p1/releasetools/p1_ota_from_target_files -v \
-p out/host/linux-x86 \
-k build/target/product/security/testkey \
--backup=true \
--override_device=galaxytab,GT-P1000,GT-P1000L,GT-P1000N \
out/target/product/p1/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/cm_p1-target_files-eng.jpmr.zip out/target/product/p1/cm_p1-ota-eng.jpmr.zip
unzipping target target-files...
running: unzip -o -q out/target/product/p1/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/cm_p1-target_files-eng.jpmr.zip -d /tmp/targetfiles-URJVPQ
--- target info ---
blocksize = (int) 4096
boot_size = (int) 7864320
default_system_dev_certificate = (str) build/target/product/security/testkey
extfs_sparse_flag = (str) -s
fstab = (dict) {'/radio': <common.Partition object at 0x904588c>, '/sdcard': <common.Partition object at 0x9045c2c>, '/cache': <common.Partition object at 0x904592c>, '/boot': <common.Partition object at 0x904546c>, '/system': <common.Partition object at 0x9045b6c>, '/emmc': <common.Partition object at 0x9045cec>, '/recovery': <common.Partition object at 0x904568c>, '/data': <common.Partition object at 0x9045acc>}
mkyaffs2_extra_flags = (str) -c 4096 -s 128
recovery_api_version = (int) 2
system_size = (int) 262144000
tool_extensions = (str) device/samsung/p1/../common
userdata_size = (int) 1319108608
using device-specific extensions in device/samsung/common
unable to load device-specific module; assuming none
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./device/samsung/p1/releasetools/p1_ota_from_target_files", line 129, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "/home/jpmr/build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files", line 835, in main
WriteFullOTAPackage(input_zip, output_zip)
File "./device/samsung/p1/releasetools/p1_ota_from_target_files", line 108, in WriteFullOTAPackage
CopyBMLoverMTD(output_zip)
File "./device/samsung/p1/releasetools/p1_ota_from_target_files", line 44, in CopyBMLoverMTD
output_zip.write(os.path.join(TARGET_DIR, "modem.bin"),"modem.bin")
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 1029, in write
st = os.stat(filename)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/jpmr/out/target/product/p1/modem.bin'
make: *** [out/target/product/p1/cm_p1-ota-eng.jpmr.zip] Error 1
19th April 2012, 11:38 AM   |  #3108  
cdesai's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag IN YOUR HEAD
Thanks Meter: 3,999
 
2,278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanpirulo

I ve got this error at the end of the compilation. Someone can help? thanks in advance.


Install system fs image: out/target/product/p1/system.img
out/target/product/p1/system.img+ total size is 193503020
Package target files: out/target/product/p1/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/cm_p1-target_files-eng.jpmr.zip
Package OTA: out/target/product/p1/cm_p1-ota-eng.jpmr.zip
./device/samsung/p1/releasetools/p1_ota_from_target_files -v \
-p out/host/linux-x86 \
-k build/target/product/security/testkey \
--backup=true \
--override_device=galaxytab,GT-P1000,GT-P1000L,GT-P1000N \
out/target/product/p1/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/cm_p1-target_files-eng.jpmr.zip out/target/product/p1/cm_p1-ota-eng.jpmr.zip
unzipping target target-files...
running: unzip -o -q out/target/product/p1/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/cm_p1-target_files-eng.jpmr.zip -d /tmp/targetfiles-URJVPQ
--- target info ---
blocksize = (int) 4096
boot_size = (int) 7864320
default_system_dev_certificate = (str) build/target/product/security/testkey
extfs_sparse_flag = (str) -s
fstab = (dict) {'/radio': <common.Partition object at 0x904588c>, '/sdcard': <common.Partition object at 0x9045c2c>, '/cache': <common.Partition object at 0x904592c>, '/boot': <common.Partition object at 0x904546c>, '/system': <common.Partition object at 0x9045b6c>, '/emmc': <common.Partition object at 0x9045cec>, '/recovery': <common.Partition object at 0x904568c>, '/data': <common.Partition object at 0x9045acc>}
mkyaffs2_extra_flags = (str) -c 4096 -s 128
recovery_api_version = (int) 2
system_size = (int) 262144000
tool_extensions = (str) device/samsung/p1/../common
userdata_size = (int) 1319108608
using device-specific extensions in device/samsung/common
unable to load device-specific module; assuming none
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./device/samsung/p1/releasetools/p1_ota_from_target_files", line 129, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "/home/jpmr/build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files", line 835, in main
WriteFullOTAPackage(input_zip, output_zip)
File "./device/samsung/p1/releasetools/p1_ota_from_target_files", line 108, in WriteFullOTAPackage
CopyBMLoverMTD(output_zip)
File "./device/samsung/p1/releasetools/p1_ota_from_target_files", line 44, in CopyBMLoverMTD
output_zip.write(os.path.join(TARGET_DIR, "modem.bin"),"modem.bin")
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 1029, in write
st = os.stat(filename)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/jpmr/out/target/product/p1/modem.bin'
make: *** [out/target/product/p1/cm_p1-ota-eng.jpmr.zip] Error 1

check vendor/samsung/p1/propreitary and see if modem.bin exists
The Following User Says Thank You to cdesai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 11:48 AM   |  #3109  
Senior Member
Flag vitoria-gasteiz (basque Country)
Thanks Meter: 114
 
275 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdesai

check vendor/samsung/p1/propreitary and see if modem.bin exists

I ve got only two subfolders in vendor folder cm and qcom.
19th April 2012, 11:54 AM   |  #3110  
cdesai's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag IN YOUR HEAD
Thanks Meter: 3,999
 
2,278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanpirulo

I ve got only two subfolders in vendor folder cm and qcom.

Then you don't have samsung vendor, as i thought

Get it from sgt7/android_vendor_samsung

Or connect your tab(with usb debugging enabled) and run extract-files.sh in device/samsung/p1

The Following User Says Thank You to cdesai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Tab Android Development by ThreadRank