Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 43,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe - Custom CM7.2 for Nook Color - 07272013

Tip us?

ibilln
Old
Thanks Meter 42
'Been running the 4.16 build since... 4.16. Used to have occasional SOD's. Now, none. (!)

boyoboyo
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fekish View Post
... Today i used a friend's iPad 2 to read a magazine... oh boy it was much easier reading magazines on the ipad! Huge difference!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
BLASPHEMY!
The Following User Says Thank You to boyoboyo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rampart51
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibilln View Post
'Been running the 4.16 build since... 4.16. Used to have occasional SOD's. Now, none. (!)

Same here.

First day of the update I ran all day without problems and then, late in the day, within 30 minutes of each other, I had two SOD's.

Yesterday none.

ponyboy82
Old
Thanks Meter 57
I just came back to this rom after trying CM9 for several weeks. Unfortunately, it's still really laggy on the Nook and I wasn't getting great battery life.
The changes seem great so far! I was getting constant status bar force closes, but I eventually wiped all data and it's been great so far.

waylo
Old
(Last edited by waylo; 19th April 2012 at 04:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampart51 View Post
Same here.

First day of the update I ran all day without problems and then, late in the day, within 30 minutes of each other, I had two SOD's.

Yesterday none.
I've been pretty dutiful reporting my SOD issues since starting using this ROM several months ago. I finally did a full wipe before installing the 3/4/12 version, figuring there might be some left-over configuration settings that were causing the SODs. That may have fixed it for me.

But, I also simultaneously discontinued using Beautiful Widgets/Fancy Widgets, as these are also associated with SOD issues. Something with how they access wifi while asleep. After no SODs for several weeks, I restarted using Fancy Widgets, but without geolocation. This still worked fine.

On vacation last week, I turned on geolocation. This resulted promptly in a SOD the same day. After turning it off again (manual input of the city), I haven't had a SOD.

So, not exactly scientific, but a real narrative of my experience.

I flashed over the latest version this week, and it's been doing well since.

Galaxy S4 T-Mobile
[ROM] Insane Kit Kat v9
[Recovery] TWRP 2.7.1.0
------------
Galaxy Nexus GSM
[ROM] XenonHD vXVIII
[Build] JZO54K 4.1.2
[Kernel] Leankernel 4.7exp2-180/interactive/deadline
[Recovery] TWRP 2.3.3.0
[Radio] I9250XXLF1
[Bootloader] PRIMELC03
------------
HP Touchpad 32gb
[ROM] Jcsullins 7/14/13 build with battery fix
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waylo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deboyz1014
Old
Thanks Meter 26
2213 quadrant score. What can I say, everything is super snappy and its just beautiful.

ponyboy82
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo View Post
I've been pretty dutiful reporting my SOD issues since starting using this ROM several months ago. I finally did a full wipe before installing the 3/4/12 version, figuring there might be some left-over configuration settings that were causing the SODs. That may have fixed it for me.

But, I also simultaneously discontinued using Beautiful Widgets/Fancy Widgets, as these are also associated with SOD issues. Something with how they access wifi while asleep. After no SODs for several weeks, I restarted using Fancy Widgets, but without geolocation. This still worked fine.

On vacation last week, I turned on geolocation. This resulted promptly in a SOD the same day. After turning it off again (manual input of the city), I haven't had a SOD.

So, not exactly scientific, but a real narrative of my experience.

I flashed over the latest version this week, and it's been doing well since.
Thanks for the details. I'll have to keep an eye on this -- I just did a full wipe and re-install of this and currently am using Fancy Widgets too.

rampart51
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy82 View Post
Thanks for the details. I'll have to keep an eye on this -- I just did a full wipe and re-install of this and currently am using Fancy Widgets too.
No SOD's today and I do NOT use Fancy Widgets. But thx for info.

Fekish
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyoboyo View Post
BLASPHEMY!
I know!
I am using android for 3 years... but i cant lie of the difference of performance! :)

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Bruce777
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Great rom, you've rejuvenated my "ancient" NC!
Just wanted to report:
Since I flashed the last build it takes about 10 full seconds of holding down the power button for the NC to turn on (as opposed to about 3 seconds prior to flashing/on the last build). Just as FYI I removed the V6 super as per the instructions in the link on the original post.
Thanks!