Originally Posted by rampart51
First day of the update I ran all day without problems and then, late in the day, within 30 minutes of each other, I had two SOD's.
I've been pretty dutiful reporting my SOD issues since starting using this ROM several months ago. I finally did a full wipe before installing the 3/4/12 version, figuring there might be some left-over configuration settings that were causing the SODs. That may have fixed it for me.
But, I also simultaneously discontinued using Beautiful Widgets/Fancy Widgets, as these are also associated with SOD issues. Something with how they access wifi while asleep. After no SODs for several weeks, I restarted using Fancy Widgets, but without geolocation. This still worked fine.
On vacation last week, I turned on geolocation. This resulted promptly in a SOD the same day. After turning it off again (manual input of the city), I haven't had a SOD.
So, not exactly scientific, but a real narrative of my experience.
I flashed over the latest version this week, and it's been doing well since.
Galaxy S4 T-Mobile
[ROM] Insane Kit Kat v9
[Recovery] TWRP 126.96.36.199
Galaxy Nexus GSM
[ROM] XenonHD vXVIII
[Build] JZO54K 4.1.2
[Kernel] Leankernel 4.7exp2-180/interactive/deadline
[Recovery] TWRP 188.8.131.52
HP Touchpad 32gb
[ROM] Jcsullins 7/14/13 build with battery fix