5,600,984 Members 45,622 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Of all the ICS roms available, what are the popular ones with users on here?

Tip us?

leftfork
Old
Thanks Meter 3
def Sky ICS from Seanzscreams. Updates are huge improvements. Couple bugs here and there but overall solid and fast.

chompy630
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just installed nexusmod ICS zero today its running smoothly and the interface is quite nice.

smartnphone
Old
Thanks Meter 10
yeah Seanzscreams's roms are pretty popular I would say.

hollywood74
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Seanzscreams ROM's have always been rock solid for me. Buttery smooth, great battery life and the customizations are endless. You can really make it your own. It acts as my nandroid when I want to try out new stuff.

deezhemi
Old
Thanks Meter 119
NexusMod ICS Zero for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
Please hit me up with a Thanks if I helped.

Current rig: Steel Blue 2007 Dodge Charger R/T (yes, it has a Hemi)
Other rig: Yellow 1969 Plymouth Road Runner (no, it dosn't have a Hemi .... yet)

sKiNz-PouNdeR
Old
Thanks Meter 4
NexusMod ICS Zero is where it's at! Been running the Beta 7 for several days and it is smooth as silk, beautiful and amazing battery life compared to stock.

I am now getting about 32 hours with moderate use. I was lucky if I had 6 hours on the I727 stock Rom!

Do yourself a favour and test it out! You WILL NOT be disappointed!

boobah204
Old
Thanks Meter 373
I've been running sky ics ucld2 build since it came out. It has great battery life and has a lot of options and will make a flash junkie out of you if you aren't already. But I was using mod1441's nexusmod gb before ics leaked and found it suitably stable and I trust his ics rom is just as satisfying. I'd say if you're down for messing around a lot and seeing what you can get your skyrocket to do (which may require a few broken eggs here and there but some really good f'ing omelets) then try sky ics. But keep current with the thread because people are finding new stuff to mess with every day. I've not used the latest nexusmod so I really have no ground to call it "the more conservative choice" but I'd imagine that's the way to go if you want a very nice stable quality rom that is more or less worry free. I've also heard nice things of embryo and alien has it's own very devoted following.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

noobtesting
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am using Alien 7.2 and am having no problems at all. It is very fast, great battery life and all the bloatware is gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ganja_guru
Old
Thanks Meter 64
I haven't come across a more stable ICS rom than embryo 2.1. mohan_kr clearly cares about quality. Not a single fc. Interestingly, he says not to fix permissions on his roms cause he's done it already

Sent via carrier pigeon.

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtesting View Post
I am using Alien 7.2 and am having no problems at all. It is very fast, great battery life and all the bloatware is gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Alien is always a good bet. It all depends on what you are looking for. A ROM like Sky ICS offers heavier theming and add-ons while a ROM like Alien offers a solid and dependable optimized Base with a few upgrades and extras.