MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Of all the ICS roms available, what are the popular ones with users on here?

OP TheDoctorZ

18th April 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #11  
Flag Edgartown
Thanks Meter: 3

66 posts
More
def Sky ICS from Seanzscreams. Updates are huge improvements. Couple bugs here and there but overall solid and fast.
18th April 2012, 10:23 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
I just installed nexusmod ICS zero today its running smoothly and the interface is quite nice.
19th April 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 11

78 posts
More
yeah Seanzscreams's roms are pretty popular I would say.
19th April 2012, 09:42 PM   |  #14  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
More
Seanzscreams ROM's have always been rock solid for me. Buttery smooth, great battery life and the customizations are endless. You can really make it your own. It acts as my nandroid when I want to try out new stuff.
20th April 2012, 03:39 AM   |  #15  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 121

190 posts
More
NexusMod ICS Zero for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 09:41 PM   |  #16  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
More
Thumbs up
NexusMod ICS Zero is where it's at! Been running the Beta 7 for several days and it is smooth as silk, beautiful and amazing battery life compared to stock.

I am now getting about 32 hours with moderate use. I was lucky if I had 6 hours on the I727 stock Rom!

Do yourself a favour and test it out! You WILL NOT be disappointed!
23rd April 2012, 10:03 PM   |  #17  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 375

581 posts
More
I've been running sky ics ucld2 build since it came out. It has great battery life and has a lot of options and will make a flash junkie out of you if you aren't already. But I was using mod1441's nexusmod gb before ics leaked and found it suitably stable and I trust his ics rom is just as satisfying. I'd say if you're down for messing around a lot and seeing what you can get your skyrocket to do (which may require a few broken eggs here and there but some really good f'ing omelets) then try sky ics. But keep current with the thread because people are finding new stuff to mess with every day. I've not used the latest nexusmod so I really have no ground to call it "the more conservative choice" but I'd imagine that's the way to go if you want a very nice stable quality rom that is more or less worry free. I've also heard nice things of embryo and alien has it's own very devoted following.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
24th April 2012, 01:13 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

42 posts
More
I am using Alien 7.2 and am having no problems at all. It is very fast, great battery life and all the bloatware is gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
24th April 2012, 06:43 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 66

186 posts
I haven't come across a more stable ICS rom than embryo 2.1. mohan_kr clearly cares about quality. Not a single fc. Interestingly, he says not to fix permissions on his roms cause he's done it already

Sent via carrier pigeon.
24th April 2012, 10:08 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 815

2,064 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtesting

I am using Alien 7.2 and am having no problems at all. It is very fast, great battery life and all the bloatware is gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Alien is always a good bet. It all depends on what you are looking for. A ROM like Sky ICS offers heavier theming and add-ons while a ROM like Alien offers a solid and dependable optimized Base with a few upgrades and extras.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread