Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,700 Members 42,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T Throttles, NOW Internet provider does too.

Tip us?

GaToRxxx420
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt_case View Post
I'm on att dsl and they've been caping at 150 gb for over a year now.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA
Does this apply to Uverse? That's what we have, I do a lot of online gaming over Xbox Live, use my phone on Wi-Fi as does my mom and I download a lot of other stuff, to my knowledge we've never gotten a letter.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Darunion
Old
Thanks Meter 881
actually this convo should be on dslreports not inspire 4g. yes all service providers cap if you hit an excessive amount this has been known since weve had internet. if youre pulling 10G a day, you are far beyond online gaming an i can understand them shutting it down. Think about it if each person is pulling that much thats 3.6TB a year, thats expensive lol.
Let me google that for you -The best way to help someone and also tell them they are lazy at the same time.

Trolls are like stray cats, if you stop feeding them, eventually they move on.

Answer a users question, he's smart for a day. Teach a user how to research his own questions, he's smart for a lifetime!

Chevyguy85
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darunion View Post
actually this convo should be on dslreports not inspire 4g. yes all service providers cap if you hit an excessive amount this has been known since weve had internet. if youre pulling 10G a day, you are far beyond online gaming an i can understand them shutting it down. Think about it if each person is pulling that much thats 3.6TB a year, thats expensive lol.
If brighthouse is capping then the cap must be insanely high as of yet I've received nothing from them. lol @ 10 gigs a day...nvm I plead the 5th

jdwilson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darunion View Post
actually this convo should be on dslreports not inspire 4g.
Why should this be on dslreports? It is about a cable provider for starters, and it is pertinent information for AT&T users of HTC devices that have been (or will be) throttled, who then, diligently start using WiFi on their devices to keep AT&T off their backs.
SENT FROM MY GE MICROWAVE OVEN USING TAP-A-BUTTON

Agoattamer
Old
Thanks Meter 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwilson View Post
Why should this be on dslreports? It is about a cable provider for starters, and it is pertinent information for AT&T users of HTC devices that have been (or will be) throttled, who then, diligently start using WiFi on their devices to keep AT&T off their backs.
I agree with Darunion. This has nothing to do with the development of the Inspire 4G. This topic does not belong on this forum.
Samsung I717R Note
I717RUXMD1 Rogers Deodexed Stock JB ROM

Samsung I497 10.1 Tab2
I497UCBMF2 stock JB

HTC HD2 T9193
Winmo 6.5 Energy.Leo.29022.Sense2.5.Jul.04
2.12.50.02_2 RADIO

fparkin
Old
Thanks Meter 2
comcast is limited to 250 gig i never come close with phone and home network

graewulf1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Umm, you guys do realize just how big 250GB is right? I use my connection heavily and rarely see more than about 100GB most months. You have to be doing some serious downloading of DVDs or such to even think of hitting that limit. I use mine for 4 computers, 2 droids and netflix and I use Crashplan to backup my computers to the web.

jeriku
Old
Thanks Meter 211
250gb is not that much, especially if your are a Netflix / Hulu only person. Just one computer using Netflix as a TV replacement can easily put you over, not to mention Pandora and other usage. Cable companies are only doing this to curb streamers. There's a pretty good discussion on the Comcast forums about this. 250gb was fine 4 years ago, but today....not so much.

From what I've heard fios has no cap.

LT28 Thread Index

graewulf1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeriku View Post
250gb is not that much, especially if your are a Netflix / Hulu only person. Just one computer using Netflix as a TV replacement can easily put you over, not to mention Pandora and other usage. Cable companies are only doing this to curb streamers. There's a pretty good discussion on the Comcast forums about this. 250gb was fine 4 years ago, but today....not so much.

From what I've heard fios has no cap.

Yet... Give them time and they too will have data caps. Of course, as bandwidth grows, the caps get larger also. It's not about the amount of data used, it's about network congestion. If the network can't handle it, then they need to curb the heavy users to keep bandwidth for the rest of us.

Youngunn2008
Old
Thanks Meter 1545
start downloading multiple source codes for ics and aokp, and downloading/watching netflix, hulu,,,

it all adds up pretty quickly.

phone: Moto X
rom: stock KitKat, rooted

tablet: Barnes & Noble Nook HD+
rom: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies
recovery: CWM 6
kernel: CM stock

My Android Build PC

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe