Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,449 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to turn on video-out?

Tip us?

ssiegi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] How to turn on video-out?

I have still the old video-out cable from the original Galaxy tab (the one with the red, yellow and white Cinch connectors). Does it work with the 7.7 and if yes, how? I found no way to turn on the video out feature...

theligu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi you need the HDMI adaptor sa far as I know, the composite one doesn't work on the p6800

Jade Eyed Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by theligu View Post
Hi you need the HDMI adaptor sa far as I know, the composite one doesn't work on the p6800
That is correct. Composite video out via the 3.5mm headphone jack does not work for the 7.7. Have a read through my related post here.

amjadnezam
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiegi View Post
I have still the old video-out cable from the original Galaxy tab (the one with the red, yellow and white Cinch connectors). Does it work with the 7.7 and if yes, how? I found no way to turn on the video out feature...
I Test The old cable With P6200 and P6800. And I have only Audio, Without any Video. I Think the Problem is Honeycomb. Maybe it's Work After Update to ICS.

Sent From Amjadnezam ( GT-P6800 ) By TapaTalk2

amjadnezam
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Eyed Wolf View Post
That is correct. Composite video out via the 3.5mm headphone jack does not work for the 7.7. Have a read through my related post here.
The Composite Video Cable Have 30pin Socket. and it's not 3.5mm headphone Socket.

Jade Eyed Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjadnezam View Post
The Composite Video Cable Have 30pin Socket. and it's not 3.5mm headphone Socket.

Again, read my other post. The link was in response to someone asking about the exact same question but with regard to the 30-pin adapter.

In short, no composite video for you. Ever. Not via 3.5mm, not via 30-pin plug, not via anything. 1280*800 resolution is WAY too high for composite video anyway. Your only option is HDMI.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Eyed Wolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

amjadnezam
Old
(Last edited by amjadnezam; 18th April 2012 at 11:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Eyed Wolf View Post
Again, read my other post. The link was in response to someone asking about the exact same question but with regard to the 30-pin adapter.

In short, no composite video for you. Ever. Not via 3.5mm, not via 30-pin plug, not via anything. 1280*800 resolution is WAY too high for composite video anyway. Your only option is HDMI.
Thanks .I read your posts.and yes i know what you sey.But : Why its not work on P6200 with same resolution with P1000 (1024)?

Jade Eyed Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjadnezam View Post
Thanks .I read your posts.and yes i know what you sey.But : Why its not work on P6200 with same resolution with P1000 (1024)?

Probably because the necessary hardware to downscale the 1024x600 resolution to composite isn't present in the P6200. Just because it's a newer model doesn't automatically mean that it will retain the older features of the previous generation. Producing a unit that only outputs HDMI compliant signals is cheaper, and with HDMI being almost everywhere nowadays anyway, more people are likely to use it now. That's just the way forward into the future. Let composite die already.

It's kinda like how you very rarely see laptops with 25-pin parallel ports, or 9-pin serial ports or VGA ports anymore; it's all USB and HDMI now.

Out with the old, in with the new.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Eyed Wolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
video out cinch