Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[08 April 2012] [CMR] Team Blue Droid V3.7 Sensation XL Gen3 EU & Tmobile SonyXloud

OP dansta34

18th April 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #12371  
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 44

340 posts
More
No, this is for sense 3.6
The Following User Says Thank You to imagin112 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 11:22 PM   |  #12372  
Flag Sussex
Thanks Meter: 89

508 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagin112

No, this is for sense 3.6

Just noticed, removed link
19th April 2012, 12:35 AM   |  #12373  
Flag Jville, FL
Thanks Meter: 53

422 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandymac

When you update an application via the store, it is possible that your are losing memory needlessly. The reason for this is twofold:

1. A "temporary" file is created, as I understand it from Duncan, to allow app2sd to move the update to the sd-ext. This file is called Download.apk and can be found in /cache/download. It is generally the size of the last updated apk. For some reason, it is not deleted once the app is moved. So once you have completed updating your apps, you should delete this file.

2. A Dalvik cache entry is created for each update installed (after all, they are "new" apks). Unfortunately, the original entry is retained. This means that your Dalvik cache will eventually become bloated with unnecessary data. The easiest way to remove the original entries (and it seems to work for me) is to use Titanium Backup. Select More from the Titanium menu, then select "Clean up the Dalvik cache". Titanium will identify redundant entries and delete them thus reducing the size of the cache.

Hope you find the above useful.

For number 1 I have nothing but for number 2 had a lot deleted. Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to mentalityx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 08:12 AM   |  #12374  
Flag InMyHead
Thanks Meter: 7,984

5,961 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalityx

I appreciate this. This sounds correct. With my other Galaxy, Optimus, Evo and Sensation phones when a update comes for a ROM you just save your apps in Titanium make a backup in Recovery then wipe the Dalvik cache, cache and battery stats. Then flash the ROM reboot and the phone still has all your saved settings and apps.
I know this phone is originally a WinMo and certain things need to be wiped. But like Dansta install instructions indicate the partition settings are the same as v3.6. I just didn't understand why I need to do a Task29, reload MGLDR and my partition, flash 4ext, redo my memory card then finally flash the new update. Lot to do every few weeks. Just wanting to know why.
In Titanium it says I have 130mb free of 290mb in System ROM, for internal space I have 504mb free of 666mb, SD space 307mb free of 6.61gb and a2SD have 252mb free of 1.05 gb with a total of 96 apps installed. Phone runs flawless with a great battery life.

Hello mentality,
Justin case you took that idea from my docs (I feel guilty already lol!):
My docs ain't complete, an update procedure is missing from there as there never was real support for updates from dan's side. And concerning the need for all those steps that aren't needed: there hardly ever is a flash that equals another. There always is some individual fact to consider. I actually believe that new users start off with all steps and with learning and understanding the process and the ROM in question and at some point everyone will decide to leave out our alter any or all steps. I hardly ever follow my recommended routine these days...

Guys, just to let you know, some component of my PC died on me yesterday and prevents it from booting. I am currently testing with a super old machine to see if I can id the faulty prick (suspect my x-fi or pci-controller on mainboard).
So I won't stick around much at the moment.
But I see even though Dan hardly ever appears, some of you guys do a fantastic job at answering questions and although I was never asked to do that I feel kind of responsible by now after having been here for quite a while, answering questions.

Sent from my multi talented HD2
The Following User Says Thank You to Sneakyghost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 09:07 AM   |  #12375  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 278

282 posts
Donate to Me
More
Watchdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakyghost

Hello mentality,
My docs ain't complete, an update procedure is missing from there as there never was real support for updates from dan's side. And concerning the need for all those steps that aren't needed: there hardly ever is a flash that equals another. There always is some individual fact to consider. I actually believe that new users start off with all steps and with learning and understanding the process and the ROM in question and at some point everyone will decide to leave out our alter any or all steps. I hardly ever follow my recommended routine these days...

Guys, just to let you know, some component of my PC died on me yesterday and prevents it from booting. I am currently testing with a super old machine to see if I can id the faulty prick (suspect my x-fi or pci-controller on mainboard).
But I see even though Dan hardly ever appears, some of you guys do a fantastic job at answering questions and although I was never asked to do that I feel kind of responsible by now after having been here for quite a while, answering questions.

Good morning Sneakyghost,

how are you?

I'll try to be around. Maybe i can be of help in some stuff.
Concerning the flashing docs i am with you.
I think the best shot is to describe each step from scratch on.
This is more comprehensible, and even gives the change to step into a certain point of progress.

Regards, Stephan
Last edited by brush2; 19th April 2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: update
19th April 2012, 12:11 PM   |  #12376  
Flag InMyHead
Thanks Meter: 7,984

5,961 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm good, thanks. Hope, you're good too! :D
My PC seems not though. Everything is hinting at a defective controller on board. Which means: new board, ram and CPU as I'm still on an old AM2 platform and thus need to replace more than just the board. That sucks because I'm rather broke.
I might setup a Paypal button lol.
Did I earn your money with my support here? Unfortunately, no. Dan needs your help more, guys. So, no Paypal for me :(
Also, I will leave Android for good if Cotulla manages to fix a few majors in his WP7 soon. So, that doesn't mean I'll drop my support here, but it will limit it to some extend then.
Back to work...

Last edited by Sneakyghost; 19th April 2012 at 12:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sneakyghost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #12377  
Flag Jville, FL
Thanks Meter: 53

422 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakyghost

Hello mentality,

Gteetings

1. I do need to say that my knowledge of Android and it's components has become quite good. I've been flashing since July 2010 when I bought my first HD2. Since then I'm on my 5th HD2. I just keep buying them because of the constant support and how impressed I am with this device. A couple months ago I did away with my Galaxy S2. That is a fine device but I just wanted a new HD2. I luv the research, reading and the challenge I find to learn how to do what and understand the components of this device.
My Sensation was a slight challenge only when it came to installing the new firmware update. My LG was easy and standard. But those phones were all to easy to Root, install a ROM and update them. Throuout all my phones the community here on XDA have been immense. The HD2 support and community have been a few notches above and well beyond excellent.
I understand so much when I read and flash, and even when I help other mates with problems that I feel confident more times than not. Thanks for the help and support and my small education in Android.

2. My laptop and PC are both down so I know the feeling. I have not flashed my phone yet to v3.7 yet. I feel a little nervous to flash in case something goes wrong since I did not do a Task29 and reparations and then I can't access my backups. I'm pretty confident though things will go smooth as can be.

I don't mind helping people on here as well. Just want to keep up the support on here. Thanks everyone.
19th April 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #12378  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
TBD_Themed_Sensation_XL_V3.7, HD2 Tmous
when i use camera then hd video(1280x720) is not work and quality video and foto also is not good
(sory for my bad inglish)
Last edited by vasvladiv; 19th April 2012 at 05:34 PM.
19th April 2012, 05:43 PM   |  #12379  
Flag Ledbury
Thanks Meter: 391

1,416 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasvladiv

TBD_Themed_Sensation_XL_V3.7, HD2 Tmous
when i use camera then hd video(1280x720) is not work and quality video and foto also is not good
(sory for my bad inglish)

This is a well known problem on all Sense 3.5 and GB Roms. Needs a fix in the kernel. Watch kernel development, in particular Marc1706 thread.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalityx

Gteetings

1. I do need to say that my knowledge of Android and it's components has become quite good. I've been flashing since July 2010 when I bought my first HD2. Since then I'm on my 5th HD2. I just keep buying them because of the constant support and how impressed I am with this device. A couple months ago I did away with my Galaxy S2. That is a fine device but I just wanted a new HD2. I luv the research, reading and the challenge I find to learn how to do what and understand the components of this device.
My Sensation was a slight challenge only when it came to installing the new firmware update. My LG was easy and standard. But those phones were all to easy to Root, install a ROM and update them. Throuout all my phones the community here on XDA have been immense. The HD2 support and community have been a few notches above and well beyond excellent.
I understand so much when I read and flash, and even when I help other mates with problems that I feel confident more times than not. Thanks for the help and support and my small education in Android.

2. My laptop and PC are both down so I know the feeling. I have not flashed my phone yet to v3.7 yet. I feel a little nervous to flash in case something goes wrong since I did not do a Task29 and reparations and then I can't access my backups. I'm pretty confident though things will go smooth as can be.

I don't mind helping people on here as well. Just want to keep up the support on here. Thanks everyone.

Don't worry about Task29 etc (read my previous post on what to do). If you have the right partition then go ahead and flash it, it will be worth it.
Last edited by sandymac; 19th April 2012 at 05:53 PM.
19th April 2012, 05:58 PM   |  #12380  
Flag Near Paris
Thanks Meter: 2

231 posts
More
Dear Dansta,

Do you think it could be possible to add EAP-SIM protocol in your next realease ?

Our carreer Free Mobile has activeted it today and it could be great if we could use HD2 with it

thx

ps: look at http://code.google.com/p/seek-for-an...wiki/EapSimAka
Last edited by Lolo78; 19th April 2012 at 11:14 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc stock input ready including chinese t, the no 1 sensation xl rom, very very good rom, waiting for tmous
Previous Thread Next Thread