Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,804 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] IML74K_Ics_Perfection_UCLD2 05.04.12

Tip us?

rambo8987
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfellajay View Post
Can u plz link that..can't find the mod..thx for the info..
://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1476962

[MOD] AGPS Patch Galaxy S II 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, LOCK EXTRA SAT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

bxrdj
Old
Thanks Meter 13
So far I am blown away with this rom. I did a full wipe, and this is my first ICS rom for this phone. I checked all previously noted problems and I have none. Everything works like a charm for me so far. Thank you for a wonderful working ICS rom. This phone can't do no wrong for me ... I had a vibrant and then G2X and never had a better exp with android as much as with the galaxy 2 ...
The Following User Says Thank You to bxrdj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krazygreen
Old
(Last edited by krazygreen; 18th April 2012 at 11:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihonno View Post
Someone had posted something that worked for them that really didn't make sense but it worked for me to. They said (in ultra config) to turn tethering always on, off, then on again. Reboot the phone after that and it should work (At least it did for me).

Also, with the wifi tethering, I had the same issue with changing passwords, etc. I forgot that to do so, you'll have to utilize your "settings" button on the phone itself.

Click on the word "Portable Wi-Fi......" and itill take you to another screen that will allow you to change device name. This is the screen you use the settings button on.

You'll have 3 options.
Configure (Wi-Fi hotspot)
Connection timeout
Help

Also... about the GPS issues. It was able to confirm that this INDEED works, everyone. There are 2 links I can provide. This is the aGPS hotfix. The first link will take you to the thread. The second link is the direct download for the version I'm suggesting. (Google's version). This is a flashable clockworkmod package.

aGPS fix thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=agps

aGPS fix (CWM Flashable) Google version link - http://derekgordon.com/gps-files/agp...d.cwm.v3.1.zip

I suggest suggest, HIGHLY SUGGEST making a nandroid backup of your current environment before flashing the fix. It worked for me but you never know. As an additional note. I wiped Dalvik Cache, Fix Permissions and Cache Partition as additional steps. There was an issue with data on the first boot but 1 more boot and it all came back.

On the highway with thick clouds/thunderstorm and it locked in about 20 seconds. and it was ACCURATE (as in not showing me go backwards down the interstate).

I've been doing a lot of reading around our forum and there are quite a few fixes for some of the problems in this build. from the Quickboot app suggestion to freezing the wifi sharing services, vastly improving battery life. I'm a busy person just like the rest of some of you but if you have free time to download, flash and setup a ROM, I'm sure some of us can search out some fixes and hopefully help the Dev incorporate it, into the following builds. As opposed to some of us using the thread like a help desk ticketing system (on a consistent basis). I hope the Dev is able to fix the framework so the options aren't black on dark grey (more legible).
Thanks, that tethering trick worked for me.

In terms of the black on grey fix, I went ahead and flashed Phoenix's stock ICS theme and it fixed that issue. Works like a charm, buttery smooth and I've had no bugs or issues thus far. There are a few versions he has posted in the thread, I've confirmed that the version posted for Racer's Skyrocket Port is compatible. The only drawback is that it changes the 15 toggles to only 5, however for me personally, that wasn't much an issue since it solved the black on dark grey issue.

OGWisdom
Old
(Last edited by OGWisdom; 19th April 2012 at 03:53 AM.) Reason: I know in the pics the waves may look stationary, but this is not the case. They emanate from the unlock icon.
Thanks Meter 904

DONATE TO ME
Default Aosp lockcreen wave

So upon making my own lil theme for this bad boy and playing around in the framework, I was able to fix my wave coming off of my lockscreen button. Included photos to show. And also gave it an ics blue tint . If the OP wishes, I could make up a zip with the fix in white or ics blue.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

...OGWisdom-The 1 & Only...

Follow Me:
TWITTER
Google+

JPOKeefe
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Hayn is there any way to change the lockscreen back to the one you originally had? Is it an apk somewhere in the old zip?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
If I helped just hit the thanks button!

OR, if you're cool enough, you'll give me some FREE Dropbox storage and get some for yourself too!
Just go here -----> http://db.tt/R1YL7I76

Carpet161
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Just wanted to say thanks! This is an amazing daily driver. A theme to change the font color to be more viable would be great but thank you for your hard work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG

hayn_pryde46
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPOKeefe View Post
Hayn is there any way to change the lockscreen back to the one you originally had? Is it an apk somewhere in the old zip?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
Change Framework-res.apk and system ui.apk back to the rc3 one

hayn_pryde46
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGWisdom View Post
So upon making my own lil theme for this bad boy and playing around in the framework, I was able to fix my wave coming off of my lockscreen button. Included photos to show. And also gave it an ics blue tint . If the OP wishes, I could make up a zip with the fix in white or ics blue.

I Dont Care Man You Did The Hard Work Post It Great Job Any Way Looks Nice Man...
The Following User Says Thank You to hayn_pryde46 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ysuleman
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGWisdom View Post

Is that wallpaper HD? Can you share?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

hiz99
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwingzero View Post
can't seem to download mms's...I can send them just fine but I can't download them....

anyone else?
Make sure you have data turned on

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

could anybody tell me which version of this theme to use? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=perfection