[rom][ICS][UCLE2] ∞ EMBRYO-3.2 ∞ [03-JUN-2012]

OP mohan_kr

18th April 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #41  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 76

457 posts
Yet another thing I have noticed from this ROM. If people could please confirm similar experiences I (and most likely Mohan) would appreciate it...

When I plug in my headphones I can hear a feint, high-pitched sound. Almost like a dog whistle in the background. It's not there all the time. It only seems to be there while the phone is active, as in, when I am using the phone. I can't tell if it's there while music is playing as obviously I can't hear it. But considering that seanzscreams is having issues with PowerAmp on his ROM, I'm wondering if this latest ICS leak has some sound issues.

This hasn't been the only sound issue that people have experienced with this latest leak. Some people on this ROM have said that screen sounds are not heard. In my first go-round with this ROM I was having the screen sound issue as well. I re-flashed the ROM this morning and now the screen sounds are there. Weird. I wonder if certain things just don't take... randomly.

I just thought I'd throw this out there. What do you all think? what are your experiences?
18th April 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #42  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 72

387 posts
More
Error Processing Purchase
Anybody else having problems downloading and installing apps from the play store? In some instances, I'm getting Error Processing Purchase.
18th April 2012, 09:24 PM   |  #43  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 76

457 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbybart

Anybody else having problems downloading and installing apps from the play store? In some instances, I'm getting Error Processing Purchase.

The only problem I had was with one app telling me that it wasn't "compatible with this version" when I tried to download it. Other than that, though, free apps and paid for apps all downloaded perfectly.
18th April 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 25

227 posts
Just curious and wanted to know what would happen if I flash SkyICS crysis signal zip? I love the crysis signal. Will try and post back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
18th April 2012, 10:48 PM   |  #45  
Flag Miami, FL

387 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfiore75

The only problem I had was with one app telling me that it wasn't "compatible with this version" when I tried to download it. Other than that, though, free apps and paid for apps all downloaded perfectly.

That's odd, I guess I'll try to clear cache and dalvik and see if that makes a difference.
18th April 2012, 11:08 PM   |  #46  
OP Senior Member
Flag In Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 4,387

1,030 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbybart

That's odd, I guess I'll try to clear cache and dalvik and see if that makes a difference.

I do have the host files (latest from both sites that list the blocked hosts) incorporated. I will try to get a zip to restore the hosts file to stock. Or if you know adb, you can remount and push out the stock hosts file (if you have it)..

Also: you might want to clear the Market data ...and try it another thing to test..

P.S: been swamped today..
The Following User Says Thank You to mohan_kr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 11:09 PM   |  #47  
OP Senior Member
Flag In Nebraska

1,030 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgs2_1.6

Just curious and wanted to know what would happen if I flash SkyICS crysis signal zip? I love the crysis signal. Will try and post back.

Not sure. As long as it doesn't have any dependencies on the apks that have changed with this ROM...
18th April 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #48  
OP Senior Member
Flag In Nebraska

1,030 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfiore75

Yet another thing I have noticed from this ROM. If people could please confirm similar experiences I (and most likely Mohan) would appreciate it...

When I plug in my headphones I can hear a feint, high-pitched sound. Almost like a dog whistle in the background. It's not there all the time. It only seems to be there while the phone is active, as in, when I am using the phone. I can't tell if it's there while music is playing as obviously I can't hear it. But considering that seanzscreams is having issues with PowerAmp on his ROM, I'm wondering if this latest ICS leak has some sound issues.

This hasn't been the only sound issue that people have experienced with this latest leak. Some people on this ROM have said that screen sounds are not heard. In my first go-round with this ROM I was having the screen sound issue as well. I re-flashed the ROM this morning and now the screen sounds are there. Weird. I wonder if certain things just don't take... randomly.

I just thought I'd throw this out there. What do you all think? what are your experiences?

Hmm.. I just did a quick test with headphones and listening to radio (tune in) did not hear anything.

One thing I would advice is if you are trying to flash anything over post a message here, so I can alert you whether it would work or not.

yeah the Lock, Unlock seems to come and go..but i did install the AOSP sound, which I realize is really low. If you want your own lock and unlock and not using TW you can push to /system/media/audio/ui/Lock.ogg and UnLock.ogg...(keep the same filename)...otherwise the wallpaper zip I posted today has that..
18th April 2012, 11:21 PM   |  #49  
OP Senior Member
Flag In Nebraska

1,030 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgs2_1.6

I am having shut down problem as the phone would fezze, and is there a zip for crt off animation. Love your from keep up the good work.

This should not happen with this ROM or the 1.0. I might post this in the OP, here is a surefire way to get a clean phone. Use any of the two ODIN SR ICS leaks. Since this will wipe your SD card. Just push the ROM to the SDCARD. ODIN Flash a recovery (i am using the touch). Boot into recovery. And follow the instructions. This works 99.9% (not sure about the 1%), and I have used this method on four other ones, no issues. (If you see what the ICS ODIN leak does, you will understand).
18th April 2012, 11:37 PM   |  #50  
Flag Miami, FL

387 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan_kr

I do have the host files (latest from both sites that list the blocked hosts) incorporated. I will try to get a zip to restore the hosts file to stock. Or if you know adb, you can remount and push out the stock hosts file (if you have it)..

Also: you might want to clear the Market data ...and try it another thing to test..

P.S: been swamped today..

clearing cache and clearing dalvik cache didn't work. Yes, I also tried the clearing data/cache for the market, but still didn't make a difference. Still unable to install adobe reader. I don't know adb, but I can try if I know what to do. Otherwise, I'll wait up on you to put it in zip. Thanks man!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
embryo, mohan, ucld2, ucle2
Previous Thread Next Thread