Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,011 Members 47,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile USA MAO yes or no?

Tip us?

nightang3l
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Tmobile USA MAO yes or no?

Can anyone confirm if Tmobile USA will or will not get the MAO (Micro Arc Oxidation) edition or not cause I have gotten to sources about it getting and not getting.

According to engadget.com "For better or for worse, HTC's black, plasma-heated micro arc oxidation (MOA) finish with red accents isn't making it to T-Mobile."

and according to androidauthority.com "There’s apparently more twist to the story. The HTC One S variant that T-Mobile will ship on April 25 is the blue-ish variant of the phone, with the black & red one to be made available in June. The casing on the former won’t have the same Thor-inspired micro-arc oxidation treatment as the latter, which is a bit of a bummer."

Cause if tmoible is not coming out with MAO edition then I'll upgrade my phone next week. But if they are then I'll wait til June to get it.

Thank you

AndroidBlizzard
Old
Thanks Meter 2
MAO Black/red version is not going to debut in April with the gradient blue version.

So for now, no , in June maybe but its odd why one color would be released 2 months later than the first one.

nightang3l
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I'm hesitating about should i get the grey or take the chance of a 50 50 MAO in June. I"m getting really sick and tire of my HTC Desire right now. So I want to be absolutely positive if MAO is coming out in June or not so I can commit and wait it out the best I can.

AndroidBlizzard
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm going for the gradient blue version, you are right in that there is no guarantee a black/red one will even come out for T-Mobile.

Personally I like the color of the gray/blue version and after hearing all the chipping reports, it confirmed my choice to get the gradient blue at the release. I guess it would be best to wait for the 7PM HTC One S reveal gathering in NYC to end first to see if they give any indications of releasing a different color at a later date.

Waiting until July only to find out that T Mobile is still carrying the gradient blue one only hurts..

nightang3l
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I personally like black and red color that's why I want to commit to the MAO edition over the gradient blue.

shadow.8
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidBlizzard View Post
I guess it would be best to wait for the 7PM HTC One S reveal gathering in NYC to end first to see if they give any indications of releasing a different color at a later date.

Waiting until July only to find out that T Mobile is still carrying the gradient blue one only hurts..
If they don't announce it tonight I'm not waiting...

nightang3l
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
If anybody is watching that thing can you announce the verdict if they are going to have MAO or not here. I would really much appreciate it. Thank You

kolyan
Old
Thanks Meter 172
I've been waiting for too long for new phone.....6 month now, dont know if i can wait any longer

nightang3l
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolyan View Post
I've been waiting for too long for new phone.....6 month now, dont know if i can wait any longer
If you think 6 months is long, I've been with my desire for 2 years. I think it's time for him to retire as my backup.

kolyan
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightang3l View Post
If you think 6 months is long, I've been with my desire for 2 years. I think it's time for him to retire as my backup.
its been longer since i purchase something new from Tmobile. last phone i bought was Vibrant, then traded for HD2 + $50, then for G2x + also $50.