XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2.3.6. Update battery life improvements

Tip us?

Torres77an
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default 2.3.6. Update battery life improvements

Hey guys I'm just wondering if any ones noticed any battery life improvements and or camera enhancements with this update compered to the 2.3.5 before it ?
Sent from my XT910 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to Torres77an For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MattyOnXperiaX10
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Look on the 2.3.6 thread for your answer, it is there, or you could have search on google before posting

hasbrobot
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Play nice folks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to hasbrobot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Regulus49001
Old
Thanks Meter 6
This is why we can't have guests over for dinner...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Regulus49001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iolinux333
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus49001 View Post
This is why we can't have guests over for dinner...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
agreed. to answer op, i personally noticed no difference in my everyday real world usage.

Eun-Hjzjined
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Default Not much

I have 3 razrs [one kicked the bucket] and I get maybe an hour more use on 2.3.6 than before.

I am a heavy user of Bluetooth and h+ data and tether my Xoom for internet.

Lasted almost all day yesterday, from 9am to 4pm bt tethered and a half hour call to rogers. Normally would go dead and screaming by 2:30 under those conditions.

Nelsinh0
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torres77an View Post
Hey guys I'm just wondering if any ones noticed any battery life improvements and or camera enhancements with this update compered to the 2.3.5 before it ?
Sent from my XT910 using XDA
I do felt an improvement, I usually leave my phone on 2g only for chatting, and when I need to browse or download something I switch it to 3g, which may mean that in 2g the change is quite big if you ask me, otherwise (by using the 3g mainly in browsing and or gamming) you wont notice that big of a difference.

Torres77an
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsinh0 View Post
I do felt an improvement, I usually leave my phone on 2g only for chatting, and when I need to browse or download something I switch it to 3g, which may mean that in 2g the change is quite big if you ask me, otherwise (by using the 3g mainly in browsing and or gamming) you wont notice that big of a difference.
I never mess with 2G I just turn background data off it makes a huge difference on the Razr almost doubles the battery life I just turn it on via data manager every hour or so to get updates I was no longer able to update so I just wanted to know if it was worth it to send it in for repair hopefully I will get my Razr maxx battery kit in the mail at the same time too .

Sent from my LT15i using XDA

dtrail1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7126

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I never mess with 2G I just turn background data off it makes a huge difference on the Razr almost doubles the battery life I just turn it on via data manager every hour or so to get updates I was no longer able to update so I just wanted to know if it was worth it to send it in for repair hopefully I will get my Razr maxx battery kit in the mail at the same time too .

You can do this automatically using JuiceDefender Ultimate and/or Llama.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
Every little cup of coffee will help! BIG THANKS to all who supported me in any way and this great community!! Without you this project probably have been dead already.
Using the cash for server (OTA, Web) and also for me personally as I don't have a job atm until m.o. August. As I'm spending a lot of time for this project, it's nice if I can earn a little with it.

Currently needed: 15,00(to keep everything as is and safe me a lot of (re-)work. Otherwise, no worries)

And/or help me by registering here via THIS banner - and earn some BTC for yourself:

inoe_day
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

just use Battery 2x u can customisely do thiing what u want...