FORUMS

EVLeaks Shows Off Possible BlackBerry Android Phone

It wasn’t too long ago that we received reports of BlackBerry planning to use … more

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

2.3.6. Update battery life improvements

389 posts
Thanks Meter: 18
 
By Torres77an, Senior Member on 18th April 2012, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys I'm just wondering if any ones noticed any battery life improvements and or camera enhancements with this update compered to the 2.3.5 before it ?
Sent from my XT910 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to Torres77an For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
18th April 2012, 10:09 PM |#2  
MattyOnXperiaX10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 162
 
More
Look on the 2.3.6 thread for your answer, it is there, or you could have search on google before posting
18th April 2012, 10:56 PM |#3  
hasbrobot's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Play nice folks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to hasbrobot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 11:00 PM |#4  
Regulus49001's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
This is why we can't have guests over for dinner...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Regulus49001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 11:38 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus49001

This is why we can't have guests over for dinner...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

agreed. to answer op, i personally noticed no difference in my everyday real world usage.
19th April 2012, 10:45 AM |#6  
Eun-Hjzjined's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Parry Sound, canada
Thanks Meter: 308
 
More
Not much
I have 3 razrs [one kicked the bucket] and I get maybe an hour more use on 2.3.6 than before.

I am a heavy user of Bluetooth and h+ data and tether my Xoom for internet.

Lasted almost all day yesterday, from 9am to 4pm bt tethered and a half hour call to rogers. Normally would go dead and screaming by 2:30 under those conditions.
19th April 2012, 06:01 PM |#7  
Nelsinh0's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Bogotá
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torres77an

Hey guys I'm just wondering if any ones noticed any battery life improvements and or camera enhancements with this update compered to the 2.3.5 before it ?
Sent from my XT910 using XDA

I do felt an improvement, I usually leave my phone on 2g only for chatting, and when I need to browse or download something I switch it to 3g, which may mean that in 2g the change is quite big if you ask me, otherwise (by using the 3g mainly in browsing and or gamming) you wont notice that big of a difference.
20th April 2012, 08:12 AM |#8  
Torres77an's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Burnaby BC
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsinh0

I do felt an improvement, I usually leave my phone on 2g only for chatting, and when I need to browse or download something I switch it to 3g, which may mean that in 2g the change is quite big if you ask me, otherwise (by using the 3g mainly in browsing and or gamming) you wont notice that big of a difference.

I never mess with 2G I just turn background data off it makes a huge difference on the Razr almost doubles the battery life I just turn it on via data manager every hour or so to get updates I was no longer able to update so I just wanted to know if it was worth it to send it in for repair hopefully I will get my Razr maxx battery kit in the mail at the same time too .

Sent from my LT15i using XDA
20th April 2012, 08:16 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 7,908
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torres77an

I never mess with 2G I just turn background data off it makes a huge difference on the Razr almost doubles the battery life I just turn it on via data manager every hour or so to get updates I was no longer able to update so I just wanted to know if it was worth it to send it in for repair hopefully I will get my Razr maxx battery kit in the mail at the same time too .

Sent from my LT15i using XDA

You can do this automatically using JuiceDefender Ultimate and/or Llama.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
20th April 2012, 08:51 AM |#10  
inoe_day's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torres77an

I never mess with 2G I just turn background data off it makes a huge difference on the Razr almost doubles the battery life I just turn it on via data manager every hour or so to get updates I was no longer able to update so I just wanted to know if it was worth it to send it in for repair hopefully I will get my Razr maxx battery kit in the mail at the same time too .

Sent from my LT15i using XDA

just use Battery 2x u can customisely do thiing what u want...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes