Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][MIUIAndroid][4.0.4] 2.8.3

OP swiperrat

18th April 2012, 11:56 PM   |  #2231  
HipKat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Peoria-hell, IL via Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,843
 
5,100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Yeah, I go through hell when I do updates n the market, constantly having to restart it.

I hope they get the cam situation worked out. Using Bar Code Scanner would be nice and I could have gotten some BOMB video at that show last night. Actually, I could have anyhow if I was smart enough to nandroid back to MIUI GB
19th April 2012, 12:07 AM   |  #2232  
Junior Member
Flag Clovis
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Did a search through the thread and count not find anything in relation to this problem, and I was wondering if anyone else has seen this or knows how to address it.

The problem I am having is when I flash to either of the two builds in the OP the phone reboots once and returns to ClockwordMod Recovery. I cannot boot into this release at all.

The two versions tested:
  • supersonic_signed_041312.zip
  • miuiandroid_supersonic-2.4.6.zip

I have wiped /data, /system, /cache, and the /boot partitions.
I have tried without and with the Kernel listed in the OP, as well as the previous version. Also attempted with the Tiamat kernel.

This is the only ROM that I cannot get to work. I have tried almost every ICS build, as well as many other Sense and non-sense ROMs.

Even the 2.3 ICS MIUI listed in Rom Manager works without a hitch.

Anyone have any idea the steps I need to do to get this going, as this is the ROM I want to run.
19th April 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #2233  
evol4g's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag chandler-gilbert 480!!!
Thanks Meter: 1,460
 
1,868 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halaster

Did a search through the thread and count not find anything in relation to this problem, and I was wondering if anyone else has seen this or knows how to address it.

The problem I am having is when I flash to either of the two builds in the OP the phone reboots once and returns to ClockwordMod Recovery. I cannot boot into this release at all.

The two versions tested:

  • supersonic_signed_041312.zip
  • miuiandroid_supersonic-2.4.6.zip

I have wiped /data, /system, /cache, and the /boot partitions.
I have tried without and with the Kernel listed in the OP, as well as the previous version. Also attempted with the Tiamat kernel.

This is the only ROM that I cannot get to work. I have tried almost every ICS build, as well as many other Sense and non-sense ROMs.

Even the 2.3 ICS MIUI listed in Rom Manager works without a hitch.

Anyone have any idea the steps I need to do to get this going, as this is the ROM I want to run.

your problem is the fact that your using CWM recovery... AMON RA is the best recovery for the evo i suggest using it

PS I'm a senior member now!!! WOO! lol sorry just had to express some joy !
The Following User Says Thank You to evol4g For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 12:38 AM   |  #2234  
Junior Member
Flag Clovis
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by evol4g

your problem is the fact that your using CWM recovery... AMON RA is the best recovery for the evo i suggest using it

PS I'm a senior member now!!! WOO! lol sorry just had to express some joy !

Looks like that was not the issue at all.

I switched over to Amon RA and the exact same issue is present.
It reboots, and then just goes right back into recovery after around a minute.

Used the latest RA-supersonic-v3.11-gnm.
19th April 2012, 12:47 AM   |  #2235  
evol4g's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag chandler-gilbert 480!!!
Thanks Meter: 1,460
 
1,868 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halaster

Looks like that was not the issue at all.

I switched over to Amon RA and the exact same issue is present.
It reboots, and then just goes right back into recovery after around a minute.

Used the latest RA-supersonic-v3.11-gnm.

hmm interesting... did you check the md5 to see if everything matched up? maybe you got a bad download (i doubt it, the chances of 2 consecutive bad downloads is slim to none)

that v3.11 i don't think is an official amon release, i'm pretty sure the last official release was RA-2.3 supersonic, but it seems like your issue is beyond what recovery your using
The Following User Says Thank You to evol4g For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 01:08 AM   |  #2236  
Junior Member
Flag Clovis
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by evol4g

hmm interesting... did you check the md5 to see if everything matched up? maybe you got a bad download (i doubt it, the chances of 2 consecutive bad downloads is slim to none)

that v3.11 i don't think is an official amon release, i'm pretty sure the last official release was RA-2.3 supersonic, but it seems like your issue is beyond what recovery your using

I did not check the md5 until now. This may be the issue. I am copying over a new copy to my SD card.

MD5 from the ROM on my sdcard
supersonic_signed_041312.zip: 760C83D6606B9E177A9C129BF2228999

MD5 from the ROM I just downloaded.
supersonic_signed_041312.zip: CF8943FF9117DF96AA35B848813A46D3
19th April 2012, 01:11 AM   |  #2237  
evol4g's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag chandler-gilbert 480!!!
Thanks Meter: 1,460
 
1,868 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halaster

I did not check the md5 until now. This may be the issue. I am copying over a new copy to my SD card.

MD5 from the ROM on my sdcard
supersonic_signed_041312.zip: 760C83D6606B9E177A9C129BF2228999

MD5 from the ROM I just downloaded.
supersonic_signed_041312.zip: CF8943FF9117DF96AA35B848813A46D3

glad i can help, let me know if it works!
19th April 2012, 02:04 AM   |  #2238  
Junior Member
Flag Clovis
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by evol4g

glad i can help, let me know if it works!

Unfortunately that did not address the issue.
It did change the issue though.

Instead of rebooting and returning to the recovery menu the phone now stays at the hTC EVO™ 4G screen until I pull the battery.
19th April 2012, 02:22 AM   |  #2239  
evol4g's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag chandler-gilbert 480!!!
Thanks Meter: 1,460
 
1,868 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halaster

Unfortunately that did not address the issue.
It did change the issue though.

Instead of rebooting and returning to the recovery menu the phone now stays at the hTC EVO™ 4G screen until I pull the battery.

Your not flashing anything but the ROM itself right? which build are you flashing? I'm really at a loss, I've never heard of anyone else having this issue..

sent from my evol supersonic
19th April 2012, 02:37 AM   |  #2240  
Junior Member
Flag Clovis
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by evol4g

Your not flashing anything but the ROM itself right? which build are you flashing? I'm really at a loss, I've never heard of anyone else having this issue..

sent from my evol supersonic

I am flashing MIUI V4 4.0.4 2/4/13 DUAL SIGNAL BARS linked on the first page.
The most recent build.

I am at a complete loss as well due to the fact that this problem is only present on this ROM. I have tried 9 other ROMS today and none have any issues. Only this, the one I want to use.
  • I have tried flashing.
  • Wiping all data and flashing.
  • Flashing and wiping all data.
  • Wiping all data twice, and flashing.
  • Flashing the rom + the kernel, with all of the above combinations. With 6 different kernels now.
  • Flashing to the ICS Build 5 MIUI listed in Rom Manager, which works, then flashing to this one which does not work.
  • Flashing with CWM, CWM Touch, Amon Ra, and CWM Triggered by Rom Manager from inside of the working MIUI.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best porter in the neck of these woods, fast as hell, me so horny, porting genius, skunk piss = horrible team name, slaytanic vermoc, still no wifi, super swiper, swiper=kanger, waii?, where's my 2$
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes