Post Reply

[ROM] MTK6573 / Hero H7300 / HD7 Clone / T9299 Cooked ROM

OP bunta126

18th April 2012, 11:38 PM   |  #381  
bgcngm's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 3,527
 
3,502 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxfamily

Nope, unfortunatly, I don't have any factory roms for these devices.
I've searched on Chinese forums and manufacturers sites but nothing.

I have never tried this before, but I'm 99% sure this should work:
  • Use "Read Back" feature from SP Flash Tool to read boot image from the device
  • Modify boot image (make it unsecure)
  • Flash the modified boot image using SP Flash Tool

Well, for this you have to assume 0x480000 as the default start address of BOOT partition and a length of 0x600000.

Let me know if you can read back from your devices and then I'll be glad to help you to modify boot.img.
19th April 2012, 10:33 AM   |  #382  
tuxfamily's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgcngm

I have never tried this before, but I'm 99% sure this should work:

  • Use "Read Back" feature from SP Flash Tool to read boot image from the device
  • Modify boot image (make it unsecure)
  • Flash the modified boot image using SP Flash Tool

Well, for this you have to assume 0x480000 as the default start address of BOOT partition and a length of 0x600000.

Let me know if you can read back from your devices and then I'll be glad to help you to modify boot.img.

Well, I'm not very familiar with this, but I've tried.

I've installed the driver, first time I have plugged both phones (switched off), they was detected as "Preloader USB VCOM Android (Com3)", so it seems ok.

Next, I've loaded the scrapper for MT6573, I've added a "read back" starting at 0x480000, but when I click "read back", it doesn't find the phone, it keeps searching (using Options > USB Mode of course).

I've tried several time, with the phones completely switched, with the battery removed, starting the phone, etc. but no luck.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I will keep searching.

Does this method is supposed to work with all the phones ?
Thanks.
19th April 2012, 01:33 PM   |  #383  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
hello,

I have a dapeng a7 phone, is mtk 6573 based. This rom would work?

Thanks a lot.
19th April 2012, 01:36 PM   |  #384  
bgcngm's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 3,527
 
3,502 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxfamily

Does this method is supposed to work with all the phones ?

The tool is supposed to work with any MediaTek based smartphone. As I told you, I have never tried to read back from the device using SP Flash Tool, but I'll give it a try later in the evening and let you know.
19th April 2012, 09:04 PM   |  #385  
bgcngm's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 3,527
 
3,502 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Donate to Me
More
I have just published this tutorial: Creating ROM dump of your MT65x3 device.

As soon as you have a backup of your boot.img let me know and I can help you to modify it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bgcngm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #386  
tuxfamily's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgcngm

I have just published this tutorial: Creating ROM dump of your MT65x3 device.

I didn't know that it was your website but it is here that I took SP Flash Tool this morning
Very good site. Many thanks.
I've tried "power + vol up" but not "vol up" alone, it was the key.
Thanks for this tips.
I will try this later and let you know.
19th April 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #387  
bgcngm's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 3,527
 
3,502 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxfamily

I didn't know that it was your website but it is here that I took SP Flash Tool this morning
Very good site. Many thanks.

Yeah, that's my blog.

Quote:

I've tried "power + vol up" but not "vol up" alone, it was the key.

That's also the "trick" to flash the phone when PRELOADER image is selected.
20th April 2012, 07:58 AM   |  #388  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Thanks a lot! I would try as soon as I can
20th April 2012, 10:55 AM   |  #389  
tuxfamily's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgcngm

I have just published this tutorial: Creating ROM dump of your MT65x3 device.

So, I've tried ...

I've followed your instructions but it doesn't work, with the 2 phones.

I've even tried to install drivers on a fresh XP in case it was my x64 Seven, but same result, it keeps "searching", no red bar

What is strange is that the drivers are well installed the first time I plug the phone, so I really don't know if it is the phones or SP Flash Tool or me ...
20th April 2012, 11:01 AM   |  #390  
bgcngm's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 3,527
 
3,502 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxfamily

So, I've tried ...

I've followed your instructions but it doesn't work, with the 2 phones.

Have you tried holding VOL-DOWN instead of VOL-UP button while connecting your phones into the computer? Did you removed the battery for some seconds?

EDIT: The "trick" of holding VOL-UP works on my G11i Pro, I can't guarantee that it works for all the MTK based phones. Maybe anyone with an HD7 can confirm this.
Last edited by bgcngm; 20th April 2012 at 11:04 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mt6573
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Miscellaneous Android Development by ThreadRank