Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,674 Members 37,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Install CWM but SU doesn't work

Tip us?

Marescallus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [Q] Install CWM but SU doesn't work

I can't install CWM. I know there's that recovery installer apk but my transformer says there was a problem parsing the package. I don't know of any other way. I also tried unrooting my tablet by flashing a WW stock rom and stock recovery but Superuser stayed and it doesn't even work. It's basically all messed up. Can someone help me please?

horndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Since you went back to stock ROM, do wipe data from boot menu and root again with Vipermod, and then try running the recovery installer apk.

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1709
What firmware are you on? That message is either a bad download or your firmware is not compatible with the apk.
Now you also say you flash WW ROM and stock recovery, how did you flash it without cwm?

Marescallus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndroid View Post
Since you went back to stock ROM, do wipe data from boot menu and root again with Vipermod, and then try running the recovery installer apk.
What boot menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
What firmware are you on? That message is either a bad download or your firmware is not compatible with the apk.
Now you also say you flash WW ROM and stock recovery, how did you flash it without cwm?
8.2.3.13. I flashed them when I still had CWM and fully rooted.

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1709
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshMad_ness View Post

8.2.3.13. I flashed them when I still had CWM and fully rooted.
Yeah you flashed the repacked ROM. That's pretty outdated firmware. You need to manually update to the latest ICS (if it doesn't auto update), use ViperMod to root and RecoveryInstaller for CWM.

Marescallus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
Yeah you flashed the repacked ROM. That's pretty outdated firmware. You need to manually update to the latest ICS (if it doesn't auto update), use ViperMod to root and RecoveryInstaller for CWM.
How do I manually update? Is that when you go into settings and stuff and check to see if you have the latest software? Cause I do that and it says that I already have the latest version.

Marescallus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
I tried updating manually but it didn't work. I guess I should include that I tried deleting the superuser files from /system/bin/su and /system/xbin/su. I deleted the one in the xbin because there wasn't one in the bin. It's still messed up.