OP Core Memory

18th April 2012, 08:46 PM   |  #221  
Thanks Meter: 35

197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Core Memory

What succeeded?

Well i'm not sure if i can narrow it down since i was having multiple errors but i pretty much just uninstalled not only all LG software/drivers but software/drivers i still had installed for my previous phones. Then cleaned up the registry.

Reboot, fresh install of drivers and software and watched in excitement as it got further and further until it was done.
18th April 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #222  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 734

1,287 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster

Well i'm not sure if i can narrow it down since i was having multiple errors but i pretty much just uninstalled not only all LG software/drivers but software/drivers i still had installed for my previous phones. Then cleaned up the registry.

Reboot, fresh install of drivers and software and watched in excitement as it got further and further until it was done.

Yeah, it is exciting to watch it succeed after so many failures. Kind of warped isn't it.
18th April 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #223  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 320

1,537 posts
Donate to Me
More
How do you flash this file?
18th April 2012, 10:50 PM   |  #224  
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafase282

How do you flash this file?

This is what I did, I cannot guarantee that it will work for you!!! But, these are the exact steps I followed [EDIT: MOST LIKELY ONLY WORKS WITH WINDOWS XP OR IF YOU USE XP MODE IN 7]:

If you are on a stock, unrooted ROM, then follow the guide here. Use the V21Y.kdz HERE instead of of the one in the guide. Only do steps 1, 3 (install the APX driver), plug your phone back in and boot up, and then steps 6-9. You don't have to be in software upgrade mode to flash the ROM, the firmware flasher will boot into it for you. Be patient! It paused and threw lots of messages at me while flashing, but in the end it worked!:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1180331

If you're on a custom ROM and Recovery:

The main goal is to return to the stock 2.3.3 ROM, Stock Recovery, and then flash the new 2.3.4 firmware.

Flash the rooted stock ROM here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1179748

Flash stock Recovery back onto your phone with nvflash:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1056847

Now, follow the guide below. Use the V21Y.kdz HERE instead of of the one in the guide. Only do steps 1, 3 (install the APX driver), plug your phone back in and boot up, and then steps 6-9. You don't have to be in software upgrade mode to flash the ROM, the firmware flasher will boot into it for you. Be patient! It paused and threw lots of messages at me while flashing, but in the end it worked!:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1180331

Again, I am not responsible if you brick your phone, this is just what I did!
Last edited by hobbla; 19th April 2012 at 12:55 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hobbla For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 12:15 AM   |  #225  
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
Man, I still getting "Your Mobile Phone Software is the latest version.
You do not need to update it."

OMG what i'm doing wrong? everything is stock 2.3.3 stock recovery, and it keeps doing it, might be because i'm using windows 7? When I try to do the update just using the KDZ and clicking direct to Launch software update the program stop working and closes, when I click read phone info and then upgrade start I it goes direct for the LG and it tells the message that I don't have to update
19th April 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #226  
Flag Davis, CA
Thanks Meter: 65

196 posts
More
If I read that right, you're doing it through LG's Mobile Support Tool?
19th April 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #227  
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
The KDZ program send me to the LG program when I press Upgrade Start at the Read phone information menu.
19th April 2012, 12:51 AM   |  #228  
Thanks Meter: 3

51 posts
More
Now everything is all good until after update. the LG phone update locks up. I cant get past that. I dont know what to do now.
19th April 2012, 02:47 AM   |  #229  
Flag Virginia Beach, Virginia
Thanks Meter: 21

523 posts
I have a 2 LG-P999DW and I update one and then this morning I dropped it and cracked the screen so I will do a digitizer housing replacement and the other one keeps saying that the phone is up to date. Anyone know why this is saying that? I am stock, stock recovery, running 2.3.3.

Below is what I keep getting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic.PNG
Views:	161
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1012546  
Last edited by tidewaterns; 19th April 2012 at 02:56 AM.
19th April 2012, 03:01 AM   |  #230  
Flag Warrensburg
Thanks Meter: 20

76 posts
More
i think its because they pulled the update so there technically "isnt an update" becasue i have been trying to do the same thing. I want that dang baseband, but i guess back to weapon until then. :/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firmware, lgmobile support tool, update, upgrade, v21y
Previous Thread Next Thread