New firmware, V21Y for G2X showing in LGMobile Support Tool

Tip us?

sunster
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Core Memory View Post
What succeeded?
Well i'm not sure if i can narrow it down since i was having multiple errors but i pretty much just uninstalled not only all LG software/drivers but software/drivers i still had installed for my previous phones. Then cleaned up the registry.

Reboot, fresh install of drivers and software and watched in excitement as it got further and further until it was done.
Phone: LG Optimus 2x (LG-P999)
Carrier: Wind Mobile
Baseband: March 11, 2012 -V21Y
Rom: Latest Temasek CM7
Kernel: Latest Faux
Operating System: Windows 7
No random reboots or SOD since V21Y Baseband update

Core Memory
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster View Post
Well i'm not sure if i can narrow it down since i was having multiple errors but i pretty much just uninstalled not only all LG software/drivers but software/drivers i still had installed for my previous phones. Then cleaned up the registry.

Reboot, fresh install of drivers and software and watched in excitement as it got further and further until it was done.

Yeah, it is exciting to watch it succeed after so many failures. Kind of warped isn't it.

Rafase282
Old
Thanks Meter 318

DONATE TO ME
How do you flash this file?

Phone: Google Nexus 4 with CM 10.1 and Motley's kernel
Tablet: Nexus 7 with CM 10.1 and Motley's kernel & Ubuntu 12.10
Backup devices: LG G2X (Cm7 & CM10.1), Nexus One (Evervol 4.2.x).
Help me out Get Dropbox!

My Contributions:

T-Mobile G2X
LewaOS Port
MokeeOS Port
LiguxOS Port
Unbrick your G2X, Baseband guides

If I have helped you in any way please hit the thanks button or consider a donation.

hobbla
Old
(Last edited by hobbla; 18th April 2012 at 11:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafase282 View Post
How do you flash this file?
This is what I did, I cannot guarantee that it will work for you!!! But, these are the exact steps I followed [EDIT: MOST LIKELY ONLY WORKS WITH WINDOWS XP OR IF YOU USE XP MODE IN 7]:

If you are on a stock, unrooted ROM, then follow the guide here. Use the V21Y.kdz HERE instead of of the one in the guide. Only do steps 1, 3 (install the APX driver), plug your phone back in and boot up, and then steps 6-9. You don't have to be in software upgrade mode to flash the ROM, the firmware flasher will boot into it for you. Be patient! It paused and threw lots of messages at me while flashing, but in the end it worked!:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1180331

If you're on a custom ROM and Recovery:

The main goal is to return to the stock 2.3.3 ROM, Stock Recovery, and then flash the new 2.3.4 firmware.

Flash the rooted stock ROM here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1179748

Flash stock Recovery back onto your phone with nvflash:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1056847

Now, follow the guide below. Use the V21Y.kdz HERE instead of of the one in the guide. Only do steps 1, 3 (install the APX driver), plug your phone back in and boot up, and then steps 6-9. You don't have to be in software upgrade mode to flash the ROM, the firmware flasher will boot into it for you. Be patient! It paused and threw lots of messages at me while flashing, but in the end it worked!:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1180331

Again, I am not responsible if you brick your phone, this is just what I did!
The Following User Says Thank You to hobbla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrxovis
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Man, I still getting "Your Mobile Phone Software is the latest version.
You do not need to update it."

OMG what i'm doing wrong? everything is stock 2.3.3 stock recovery, and it keeps doing it, might be because i'm using windows 7? When I try to do the update just using the KDZ and clicking direct to Launch software update the program stop working and closes, when I click read phone info and then upgrade start I it goes direct for the LG and it tells the message that I don't have to update

desynch-
Old
Thanks Meter 63
If I read that right, you're doing it through LG's Mobile Support Tool?

mrxovis
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The KDZ program send me to the LG program when I press Upgrade Start at the Read phone information menu.

S1mSyo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Now everything is all good until after update. the LG phone update locks up. I cant get past that. I dont know what to do now.

tidewaterns
Old
(Last edited by tidewaterns; 19th April 2012 at 01:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
I have a 2 LG-P999DW and I update one and then this morning I dropped it and cracked the screen so I will do a digitizer housing replacement and the other one keeps saying that the phone is up to date. Anyone know why this is saying that? I am stock, stock recovery, running 2.3.3.

Below is what I keep getting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic.PNG
Views:	161
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1012546  
Acer Iconia Tab A100
Cyanogenmod 10

T-Mobile G2x - Sold
My Touch 3G 32B - Sold

If this post helped you in anyway, please click the thanks button at the bottom of this post. Thank you!!

enyahs
Old
Thanks Meter 20
i think its because they pulled the update so there technically "isnt an update" becasue i have been trying to do the same thing. I want that dang baseband, but i guess back to weapon until then. :/

Tags
firmware, lgmobile support tool, update, upgrade, v21y