5,600,725 Members 38,490 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How Strong Is The HTC Evo 4G Screen?

Tip us?

johnincincy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sharing my experience. My EVO has taken serious punishment from me. Dropped and the corner of the EVO and concrete met up and had a disagreement. Thank goodness for insurance.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1332582527154.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	962888  

PlatinumPenguin
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Dropped mine for the 1st time ever recently. It was a straight 3ft face down fall to the concrete. Picked it up and all that was cracked was one of the corners but not the glass.

DCWS6
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPenguin View Post
Dropped mine for the 1st time ever recently. It was a straight 3ft face down fall to the concrete. Picked it up and all that was cracked was one of the corners but not the glass.
Wow, that's pretty good!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Savoca
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2314

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCWS6 View Post
Wow, that's pretty good!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
I wouldn't necessarily call that good.. But at least the screen wasn't shattered.

Want free FTP access for your LG development projects? Just ask!

adio01
Old
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
I dropped my EVO from my bunked bed the other day. I never use its case anymore and it fell about 3-4 ft and bounced off my dresser to go down another 3 feet and land face down on the floor. The only noticeable mark is a small scrap on one of the corners, otherwise im impressed since ive dropped it 2-3 times before this and had no damage at all.

LuvThyMetal
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I dropped mine on concrete and it has a lot of cracks now. 3 that are very noticeably, looks so ugly! Imo the screen kinda sucks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

maltedbarley
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I've dropped mine face down a couple times with no damage...but I've seen one completely shatter from a drop that wasn't half as far.

Teamscrooge
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Recommend a protector

The screen is actually very weak... went through three Evos(all the screens broke)... My phone is full of scratches it would be fine as long as you dont drop it
:eek :

SobelWang69
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've dropped my EVO a couple of times (in a case) and all I have to show for it is a broken otterbox.

Since then I've given up on the case. After some keys and a few small drops there's a few small scratches in the bottom right corner (which are barely even noticeable)

zjchaser
Old
Thanks Meter 16
On my 3rd Evo right now.

First one broke mysteriously. It was in my camelback while I was mountainbiking in a pouch all by itself. soo it out at the end of the ride and there was one large crack through the whole screen.
Second fell out of my race suit pocket while I was running through the pits, it landed on its corner and shattered massively..battery and SD card ejected...SD card toasted also. lost that data.
Have an otterbox on my 3rd one
awaiting the EVO 4G LTE using a hurt OG EVO 4G
<a href=http://forum.xda-developers.com/profile.php?do=updatesignature#sigpic target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://forum.xda-developers.com/prof...gnature#sigpic</a>