Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 53,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What is the best rom out??

Tip us?

foxrivertrekker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] What is the best rom out??

I know there are things like appearance and features that make roms different but obviously there are newer features and enhancements we want. Looking at the development page i cant tell at what stage a certain rom is at if it is complete or still buggy. Theres no way to tell by looking thru hundreds of posts.
Itd be nice if there were a seperate page with just the rom downloads with full descriptions and features so they could be compared to choose the one you want. What is miui and do i want it? What roms use it? Are all the roms safe to switch back and forth and will work with 4.5.141 ?
Ive been running nottach trix and its nice but id like to know if im missing out on anything and have no way of telling if i am ?
Thanks!!

admanirv
Old
Thanks Meter 1
nottachtrix

pre4speed
Old
Thanks Meter 334

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxrivertrekker View Post
I know there are things like appearance and features that make roms different but obviously there are newer features and enhancements we want. Looking at the development page i cant tell at what stage a certain rom is at if it is complete or still buggy. Theres no way to tell by looking thru hundreds of posts.
Itd be nice if there were a seperate page with just the rom downloads with full descriptions and features so they could be compared to choose the one you want. What is miui and do i want it? What roms use it? Are all the roms safe to switch back and forth and will work with 4.5.141 ?
Ive been running nottach trix and its nice but id like to know if im missing out on anything and have no way of telling if i am ?
Thanks!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1592567

Miui is an android version with an iPhone feel and look. If you like the atrix for the fingerprint unlock (really that's the whole point of having this awesome phone) any blur based rom has it, but cm7 also does without all the bloat of blur and the scanner actually is much faster in response time than blur.
The Following User Says Thank You to pre4speed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The2max
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm a big fan of Jokersax's cm9 ROM. He's got that new installer with plenty of options for it now:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1603925

Quite stable for me, only issues I have currently are the multi-touch can be a little wonky, and the occasional graphical glitch.

Turl's cm9 is also solid, they're both very similar, main difference I've found is a bit better battery life (but this could have changed, Jokersax updates rather frequently).

Also, first post!

clod007
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 17,844
Topogigi 1.1 (very stable and very fast).

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

MJPollard
Old
Thanks Meter 616
Q: What is the best ROM out?
A: Whatever one works best for you.

Sorry to sound flippant, but this question doesn't have an answer, because "best" is subjective; what's "best" for one person is not the "best" for someone else. You have to decide what features you want and choose the custom ROM that matches your needs. That is the "best" ROM.
MARTIN'S ANDROID DEVICES

Current:
Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T) running Quantum v5
Google Nexus 10 running CM 11

Retired:
Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101
Motorola Atrix 4G

quetzalcoatl2435
Old
Thanks Meter 616
^^^
| | |

What he said.

You like stock? -> Nottachtrix or Topogigi.
You like iOS? -> Why are you here? (j/k) MIUI.
You like stable vanilla Android? -> CM7 (and variants).
You like vanilla ICS? -> CM9 (and AOKP variants). Still a bit buggy, though.
You like Sense? -> Get an HTC phone.
You like AMOLED? -> Buy a Samsung.

All kidding aside, use whatever suits your needs (and wants).
Motorola A854 "Miley" >> Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i "Rachael" >> HTC A7272 "Dizzy" >> Motorola MB860 "Trixie" + SONY C5302 "Spiffy"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quetzalcoatl2435 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chesirecat21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you like Blur, go for nottachtrix, if you like lite ROM, go for Neutrino

DroidRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 498
In before the lock!!

Using whatever phone works.

octahedron
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl2435 View Post
^^^
| | |

What he said.

You like stock? -> Nottachtrix or Topogigi.
You like iOS? -> Why are you here? (j/k) MIUI.
You like stable vanilla Android? -> CM7 (and variants).
You like vanilla ICS? -> CM9 (and AOKP variants). Still a bit buggy, though.
You like Sense? -> Get an HTC phone.
You like AMOLED? -> Buy a Samsung.

All kidding aside, use whatever suits your needs (and wants).
Would it be possible to to link me to the stable cm7 mods? I've browsed through the developer forum and saw several, but don't know much about modding or where to begin. I did find your post helpful. I've been waiting for ICS for a while, but since those mods aren't stable and I'll settle for stock gingerbread. It's probably a lot better than motoblur gingerbread.