Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,628 Members 38,950 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Reverse internal/external SD in kernels

Tip us?

creaky
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Reverse internal/external SD in kernels

So I've been reading about the internal/external SD storage being reversed in cwm in say, Entropy's Daily Driver kernel (GB). Also saw something about this in Syrah's kernel, I believe. What does this mean exactly, and where and how should I move files accordingly so that cwm is able to find them?

mgd76
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Not sure if it's kernel related, but I thought this was an ics issue, not gb.
Sent from my Galaxy S II running CM9

Simba501
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by creaky View Post
So I've been reading about the internal/external SD storage being reversed in cwm in say, Entropy's Daily Driver kernel (GB). Also saw something about this in Syrah's kernel, I believe. What does this mean exactly, and where and how should I move files accordingly so that cwm is able to find them?
You don't have to move anything. Just the way they identify is swapped, and only in recovery. You'll see this by selecting the two pathways in recovery and taking note of the files. Recovery recognizes both.

This is kernel-dependent, regardless of OS (4.0 or GB). GB Siyah, for example, swapped them, so they identify correctly. Functionality isn't affected, just semantics. In the ICS roms/kernels I've tried, I've seen the same thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Simba501 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

creaky
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Thanks for the reply! So if I just copy whatever I want to flash on to the external SD cwm will find it just fine, correct?

Simba501
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by creaky View Post
Thanks for the reply! So if I just copy whatever I want to flash on to the external SD cwm will find it just fine, correct?
Yes. Just pick internal sd.
The Following User Says Thank You to Simba501 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

creaky
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba501 View Post
Yes. Just pick internal sd.
Thanks, man.