Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 51,955 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth headphones problem

Tip us?

mwiz123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Default Bluetooth headphones problem

I got Bluetooth headphones for my birthday and I hooked it up to my Samsung captivate and I noticed a problem... it keep stopping and going the ferther away they got from the phone it was fustrating :banghead:
so I paired then to my dad's phone (iPhone 4) they worked fine I can go to my parents room across. The house and they wouldn't what the captivate. Is there anyway to fixed this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Device:
iPhone 5s -
MacBook Air 13" 2013
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
SUBSCRIBE
My Youtube Channel
My Second Channel
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

mwiz123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
PS they are $100 jaybird freedom's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA
Device:
iPhone 5s -
MacBook Air 13" 2013
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
SUBSCRIBE
My Youtube Channel
My Second Channel

objectuser
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think it's simply a limitation of the phone. Mine current headset doesn't reach very far either, and neither did my previous headset. And that's with Android 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and now 4.0.

But it's a small sampling of three headsets between the two of us.

phlunkie
Old
Thanks Meter 107
I have noticed that on some roms I can go further than other roms with my bt headset. Are you using a custom rom? If so Try a different one. If not, root and try another rom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Galaxy Note 3 N900T on att
Amazon Fire TV
AT&T Galaxy Note i717
Asus Transformer
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate-demoted to media device around the house.
Logitech Revue
sony nsz gs7

mwiz123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Yes and I have came ROM CyanogenMod 9 it the best

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
Device:
iPhone 5s -
MacBook Air 13" 2013
SUBSCRIBE
My Youtube Channel
My Second Channel

Jon2288
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try using a different headset. Gaming headsets are usually designed pretty well, but you will gain a lot more bulk with those. If you have a friend with a set, borrow them and try them out. If you test other sets and they all work the same you will know with some certainty that it is a limitation of the phone or a software issue.

My cappy does not get good range with a motorola headset and a sony over the ear headset. Typically I do not need 35 ft that is the standard so it has never bothered me.