Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Best rom for battery life?

OP ethandissi

10th April 2012, 12:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

122 posts
Just wondering, what is best from for overall battery life?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
10th April 2012, 01:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethandissi

Just wondering, what is best from for overall battery life?

I'm on Caulkin EL29 rom
Modem: FC15
Kernel: Rogue Desperado

With great battery life.
10th April 2012, 02:27 AM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 45

571 posts
More
Everyone will tell you different. Ive gotten great battery life with Calkulins GB roms. Though, alot of people will say Blazer. Its the ONLY ROM I run on my phone now.
10th April 2012, 03:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 3,458

1,704 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've used almost every single rom since gb.
The way I'm measuring the battery life is,
1. Calibrate battery whenever I flash the new rom.
2. I take a walk almost everyday about 4 miles (spent 1.5 hours). During the walk, I turn on the music player with speaker phone + 3g for lyrics download.
3. Measure the battery consumption just after returned to home
4. The result was very vary based on the roms (+modems)
5. So far, the best result I 've got is thru fd05 (agat's tFD05 + fd05modem/kernel)
6. Based on this calculation I would get about 20- 24 hours with my daily normal usage.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
10th April 2012, 06:33 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

216 posts
Ive tried Calkulins E4gt GB The battery was great but the performance was a little laggy. I would go for Blazer Rom. Super fast with a great battery
life.
18th April 2012, 06:36 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Well My battery life was great with Calk's EL29 rom. Now that I am on Blazer, I get super fast performance but crappy battery. Is there anyway to get extended notification toggles on Calk's Rom??
18th April 2012, 04:37 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 259

1,069 posts
I am running StrongSteve's Odexed blue just updated last night and I am getting really good battery life. I would have to say the 2 best roms out right now are Phantom Hackers Blazer ROM and Strong Steves Odexed blue. The Odexed blue does run smoother at least on my device than any rom out hands down. Blazer would have to come in as second. I was running blazer with gunslinger v1.41 and fd10 modem with amazing battery life but it was a bit laggy. Odexed blue I am running FD10 modem and stock el26 kernal and the battery life isnt quite as good as on the blazer setup but it runs a lot smoother!
19th April 2012, 12:40 AM   |  #8  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 16

105 posts
Donate to Me
I'd say blazer 4.1

19th April 2012, 01:39 AM   |  #9  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 3,487

3,008 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtrucking

I am running StrongSteve's Odexed blue just updated last night and I am getting really good battery life. I would have to say the 2 best roms out right now are Phantom Hackers Blazer ROM and Strong Steves Odexed blue. The Odexed blue does run smoother at least on my device than any rom out hands down. Blazer would have to come in as second. I was running blazer with gunslinger v1.41 and fd10 modem with amazing battery life but it was a bit laggy. Odexed blue I am running FD10 modem and stock el26 kernal and the battery life isnt quite as good as on the blazer setup but it runs a lot smoother!

The power of odex
I use it too and love it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread