DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Zagg screen protector issues?

OP dakleenupman

18th April 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 142

686 posts
More
Hi all. Did the Zagg thing until the OtterBox shows its face... Here's the issue:

Using the SPen on the Zagg is leaving imprints of what I'm doing on the protector. Even days later I can still see the words I drew on a pic imprinted in the screen. Anyone else have this issue? I was thinking that I could heat it up slightly with a hair dryer to see if it'll smooth back out.

Gee how I hate screen protectors....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
18th April 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 109

642 posts
I have the ghost armor and while it does leave a imprint, I can rub it off with my finger easily. Been using it for weeks now with no issue

19th April 2012, 01:58 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I have the full Zagg body and don't have that issue. It leaves an imprint but goes away within a few seconds. Call Zagg they have a life time warranty!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
19th April 2012, 03:04 AM   |  #4  
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 18

462 posts
More
I had the same problem both with Zagg and with ArmorSuit. Have a Glas-t on it now with no problems so far.
19th April 2012, 03:07 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 142

686 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by over2land

I had the same problem both with Zagg and with ArmorSuit. Have a Glas-t on it now with no problems so far.

Ok so it's not just me and its what I should expect then? If so, got to figure out how to get a refund then get a glasT. Hopefully if and when the OtterBox is available, it fits over the glasT.

19th April 2012, 03:14 AM   |  #6  
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 18

462 posts
More
Well in my experience it certainly isn't just you.

I got the Zagg because the ATT store had it. Then discovered the Speck case liked to lift the edges of it. Ordered the ArmorSuit. In the meantime I messed with the S-pen... noticed the marks just like you describe. About 4 days later ArmorSuit showed up, tried and failed (both at ATT store and direct to Zagg) to get refund. Bit the bullet. A couple days later I noticed the same markings with the ArmorSuit. I dealt with it for a few weeks, but finally couldn't take it anymore and ordered a Glas-t. About a week now with the Glas-t and no S-pen marks or scratches. Had I gotten the Glas-t originally I'd have saved myself 40 or so bucks. Live and learn.

Glas-t, while thicker, fits in the three cases I currently have with no issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread