Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,623 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Burn in

Tip us?

Dixon Butz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Screen Burn in

Noticing some image persistence today after going into settings. I could see the google play icon that has always been in the same spot. I could also see a couple of others. Seems to be going away now that I have a settings open for a few mins.

Guess I need to shorten the screen on time. Currently set at 30min. Had this TP since December.

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Thanks Meter 451
the lcd isnt really capable of screen burn in. its only image persistence. mobile displays are bad about this. it isnt helping if you are keeping it on a 30 minute time out though.

ace9988
Old
Thanks Meter 109
That is a first one for me aswell because my display doesn't turn off unless i click the lock screen button. Post a picture to help see and fix the problem hopefully. usually how to fix it involves just putting a black or white picture on it for a good hour or so....but that's on a very old TV rather than the touchpad so like i said its a first for me
------------------
HTC Desire HD, Evo 3D, HTC One X, HP Touchpad, Nexus 7 R.I.P
-- Red 5 --
-- Nexus 10 --
------------------

chris8599
Old
Thanks Meter 2
how about install "Dead Pixel Detect and Fix" from market to rapidly flash the screen to get rid of the burn in?
The Following User Says Thank You to chris8599 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dixon Butz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Here is a few ways to fix it:

1.Turn off the monitor for extended periods of time. It can be as little as several hours or it could be as long as several days.
2.Use a screen saver with a rotating image and run it for extended periods of time. The rotating color palette should help remove the persistent image but it could take a long time.
3.Run the screen with a single solid color or bright white for an extended period of time. This will cause all of the crystals to be reset at a single color setting and should erase any previous image persistence
The Following User Says Thank You to Dixon Butz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]