Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more
View Poll Results: Is this thread useful?
YES 28 96.55%
NO 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][ICS] [UNOFFICIAL] Root-ready Huawei MediaPad/SpringBoard ICS International

OP shiranmotha

18th April 2012, 02:48 AM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 10

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r34p3rex

Did you know Walmart offers a 5GB/$30 prepaid deal (T-Mobile network)?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tmobile-30...-Card/15443357

Are you able to make calls and get cell data with this plan? To date, I have not found a tmobile plan that will actually allow both. Only option is to have a sim for data and a different sim for calls.
18th April 2012, 10:57 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 32

741 posts
sorry guys,

on the first page which version of the rom is it?

any bug?

thanks
19th April 2012, 12:42 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 207

782 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by v35lee

Are you able to make calls and get cell data with this plan? To date, I have not found a tmobile plan that will actually allow both. Only option is to have a sim for data and a different sim for calls.

Nope.. then again the T-Mobile Springboard doesn't have text/phone anyway
19th April 2012, 12:48 AM   |  #54  

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r34p3rex

Nope.. then again the T-Mobile Springboard doesn't have text/phone anyway

True. However, if you install the Huawei Mediapad ICS ROM to a T-mobile Springboard then you will in fact have the hardware capability for text and phone. Just no T-mobile plan that supports it along with data at the same time.
19th April 2012, 01:54 AM   |  #55  
Flag Atlanta, IN
Thanks Meter: 24

639 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v35lee

True. However, if you install the Huawei Mediapad ICS ROM to a T-mobile Springboard then you will in fact have the hardware capability for text and phone. Just no T-mobile plan that supports it along with data at the same time.

You still need to block the IMEA for voice/text to work. TMo blocks voice/text by the IMEA. Somewhere in the threads this is talked about just don't know where. I think it is in the main thread with a little over 100 posts.
19th April 2012, 03:22 AM   |  #56  

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwhyte2

You still need to block the IMEA for voice/text to work. TMo blocks voice/text by the IMEA. Somewhere in the threads this is talked about just don't know where. I think it is in the main thread with a little over 100 posts.

Thanks - I am probably in those posts. I have been round and round and round again with the pink T phone company on this.

I was able to do talk/text without blocking IMEI (which I think is illegal?) by changing plans. But a plan that lets you do talk/text on the thing won't allow data. Of course if you have a data only plan there is no voice. T-mobile was supposedly working on a new plan to allow all on this type of device, but haven't seen it yet.

I can get talk/text/data on t-mobile with the ICS Mediapad, but have to have 2 SIM cards on 2 different plans to do it.

Another 2 weeks and I will get my SIM unlock code and then move to AT&T.
23rd April 2012, 03:43 PM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 8

102 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaliend

Odd. I didn't remove it but still had to specifically boot it to recovery. Was a pain and it boot regularly to the stock ROM several times.

I also had trouble getting it to do anything. I kept getting the working droid with FAIL! I looked to see if the cfg file was in the dload folder. It was but there was also the ds_store file that usually exist when there are mac files present. Once I deleted the ds_store file out of the dload folder my system sucked up the update with no trouble.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

And now a goofy question:

I've gotten ICS 4.0.3 updated to my Springboard. I like the fact that I can now send and receive text messages without the goofiness of having to use Google Voice to do my bidding. However, I have a notification about voicemail (which I can't use because my tablet is technically not a phone). I can't get rid of that notification. I mean I guess I can ignore it but it just bugs me that it is sitting there. Any ideas how I can get that to disappear?

Oh and I love that I no longer have to hear the T-Mobile chime every time I turn on the device.
23rd April 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #58  
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 53

257 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny

I also had trouble getting it to do anything. I kept getting the working droid with FAIL! I looked to see if the cfg file was in the dload folder. It was but there was also the ds_store file that usually exist when there are mac files present. Once I deleted the ds_store file out of the dload folder my system sucked up the update with no trouble.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

And now a goofy question:

I've gotten ICS 4.0.3 updated to my Springboard. I like the fact that I can now send and receive text messages without the goofiness of having to use Google Voice to do my bidding. However, I have a notification about voicemail (which I can't use because my tablet is technically not a phone). I can't get rid of that notification. I mean I guess I can ignore it but it just bugs me that it is sitting there. Any ideas how I can get that to disappear?

Oh and I love that I no longer have to hear the T-Mobile chime every time I turn on the device.

Hey Man! I've seen you on the TMO support site...Holla'!
Anyways..I've manage to get rid of the VM icon on the tab by freezing it in TB. HOWEVER it comes back on reboot. Killing it completely kills data. Someone is going to figure this out soon enuff.

Much love to those who brought ICS to us, cause I was feeling the same way you did when after my purchase, I dug into this Tablet and found no text messaging and a losey Honeycomb interface.
Now my girls are loving it over the IPAD they have.
24th April 2012, 04:23 PM   |  #59  
Thanks Meter: 8

102 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAvoktek

Hey Man! I've seen you on the TMO support site...Holla'!
Anyways..I've manage to get rid of the VM icon on the tab by freezing it in TB. HOWEVER it comes back on reboot. Killing it completely kills data. Someone is going to figure this out soon enuff.

Much love to those who brought ICS to us, cause I was feeling the same way you did when after my purchase, I dug into this Tablet and found no text messaging and a losey Honeycomb interface.

Now my girls are loving it over the IPAD they have.

Hey Havoktek,

You're just Havok on TMO support right? The name seems real familiar. I really debated on rooting so early in the process. But these are Huawei updates so I didn't see any reason to wait.

It's funny because I have a Viewsonic G-Tablet I got from Woot a year or so ago and when I put a honeycomb rom on it and it was great (Flash was iffy, but overall it was very nice). But it's weird how limiting Honeycomb seems on the Springboard. Seriously TMobile, why make texting part of my data plan yet give me no way to actually USE it?

I'll hold up on messing with the voicemail notification. Especially if it is some that will still pop up even after removing it. I'm sure the developers around here will find a way. But for now I'll enjoy my tablet as it is.
24th April 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #60  
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 53

257 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny

Hey Havoktek,

You're just Havok on TMO support right? The name seems real familiar. I really debated on rooting so early in the process. But these are Huawei updates so I didn't see any reason to wait.

It's funny because I have a Viewsonic G-Tablet I got from Woot a year or so ago and when I put a honeycomb rom on it and it was great (Flash was iffy, but overall it was very nice). But it's weird how limiting Honeycomb seems on the Springboard. Seriously TMobile, why make texting part of my data plan yet give me no way to actually USE it?

I'll hold up on messing with the voicemail notification. Especially if it is some that will still pop up even after removing it. I'm sure the developers around here will find a way. But for now I'll enjoy my tablet as it is.

Yup that's me, I try to contribute there but there forum layout is lousy!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ics, international, mediapad, rom, springboard
Previous Thread Next Thread