Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 42,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slim book-style case with built in stand?

Tip us?

AdamaDBrown
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Slim book-style case with built in stand?

Okay, so I'm wondering if this exists: a book style case for the Galaxy Tab that doesn't add a lot of bulk, but does fold over to allow it to be used as a stand.

I have a GTab 10.1 LTE, and a XOOM 4G, and I'm trying to decide which to keep. I prefer the size and weight of the Galaxy Tab, but the XOOM came with a really great case that doubles as a stand. The Galaxy Tab came with something similar, but it's so thick and sloppy that I might as well be carrying the XOOM for all the weight savings I actually get. Is there anything equivalent for the Galaxy Tab that doesn't make it chunky?

jackie_jagger
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamaDBrown View Post
Okay, so I'm wondering if this exists: a book style case for the Galaxy Tab that doesn't add a lot of bulk, but does fold over to allow it to be used as a stand.

I have a GTab 10.1 LTE, and a XOOM 4G, and I'm trying to decide which to keep. I prefer the size and weight of the Galaxy Tab, but the XOOM came with a really great case that doubles as a stand. The Galaxy Tab came with something similar, but it's so thick and sloppy that I might as well be carrying the XOOM for all the weight savings I actually get. Is there anything equivalent for the Galaxy Tab that doesn't make it chunky?
I use this, Link

Hope that helps

dmmcd
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Might be worth a search, there are many threads about cases on here, but...

This is what I have and I like it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Fits the LTE model, is pretty slim, and makes a nice stand.

Isilmalith
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Yeha, go for the official one. A wonderful case - Adds almost no bulk, fits perfectly and its very high quality. I love mine, and it was worth every cent.

flupo2000
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default I use the same one , but

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_jagger View Post
I use this, Link

Hope that helps
I'm using the same original case from Samsung, my tab is white and here comes the problem. The internal lining for the case causes black color on the back of my tab which is very hard to remove. I use my original perfume with high quality cloth and pushes very hard to remove this coloration from the stupid case.
phbruintjes Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by flupo2000 View Post
I'm using the same original case from Samsung, my tab is white and here comes the problem. The internal lining for the case causes black color on the back of my tab which is very hard to remove. I use my original perfume with high quality cloth and pushes very hard to remove this coloration from the stupid case.
Wow, that's pretty bad for an official case :\

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/sd-tablet...ack-p31558.htm
I use this case, its some fake leathery material, holds the tab very nice and tight, everything fits perfectly, and its pretty slim for the material its is
Closes with a magnet, which is unfindable on the cover xD
and it can be used as a stand, very nice. and cheap!

slack04
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmcd View Post
Might be worth a search, there are many threads about cases on here, but...

This is what I have and I like it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Fits the LTE model, is pretty slim, and makes a nice stand.
+1 on this case. Best one on the market. Its a generic branded by several sellers, so you might search to find it a bit cheaper.

Armilpp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm using a "smart cover" style case. not really versatile or transformable, but i do like the one posted above. looks like a great stand for desk/table use. i might have to order that

s4tch
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtnote View Post
That's nice. Does anyone have it?

marjoejoejoe
Old
Thanks Meter 4
friend has one , you have to tape the back to the cover...not a very good one