Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Different security settings based on wifi connection/gps?

OP irishtexmex

19th April 2012, 12:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 56

398 posts
More
I cart my Transformer Prime back and forth between campus and home every day, and there's important enough information on my tablet that I use as complicated a swipe pattern as I could possibly make to keep it secure.

Except it's a royal pain in the butt when I'm at home. I tried both just dealing with it and changing the setting every time I got to either place but got annoyed with both solutions. Plus, with Tasker installed I always ask myself why do something when I can automate it?

I'm just wondering if what's asked in the thread title is possible, and if so, how? Thanks guys.
19th April 2012, 12:37 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Alexandria, Va
Thanks Meter: 2,046

6,980 posts
More
I thought tasker or a similar app could do something like that. Or find a widget or toggle button for THST feature you want.
19th April 2012, 05:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 56

398 posts
More
I'm sure that tasker could do it, but on my own I haven't been able to figure out to have it change depending on which wifi network I connect to.
19th April 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #4  
Flag Sterling, VA.
Thanks Meter: 26

217 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtexmex

I'm sure that tasker could do it, but on my own I haven't been able to figure out to have it change depending on which wifi network I connect to.

I'm sure that there are apps out there that let you set different user profiles. I would think that would include everything.

Bob
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread