[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - galaxysmtd - Milestone 6

How would you like your memory cards to be set up stock?

• Samsung: /emmc external, /sdcard internal

Votes: 156 66.7%
  • Normal: /sdcard external, /emmc internal

Votes: 58 24.8%
  • Build both because I am indecisive.

Votes: 20 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

mnazim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2011
mnmcodeworks.blogspot.com
Used above method... Did not set permissions and now i'm stuck on Adnroid logo... Tryed to fix permissions via CWM - no help at all, pleaaase pleaaaase help meeee :D (if you are singing it like beatles you are awesome!)

EDIT: i have a done a .bck file in the SD card and system/framework.

Flash the attached file via CWM...!!!
[No need to reflash ROM if the only change was services.jar]

Attachments

• Services.zip
    949.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Reactions: NoXiScz

vizzze

Jan 16, 2011
I found this problem in build 30 and also in build 32 (maybe also before).
While the phone is off and the device is charging (green battery animation fullscreen) i'm not able to turn on the device, seems like the power button has no effect at all, since once the display goes black you can't turn it back on pressing the button.
The only way to start the device again is to unplug the usb and then the power button works as expected.

Mull1s

Jul 17, 2010
Örebro
Nvm disregard this post, i just figured that build 32 is using glitch kernel aka ****tiest kernel ever made.
For what cause does aokp use it? im tired of bootlooping back to stock hai odin.

Last edited:

burakgon

Oct 26, 2010
www.burakgon.com
Kernel releated; Overclocked my phone to 1580 mhz. And still cold like 1000mhz and works very nice. I found it very great. On devil kernel its going too hot and mostly on low frequancies. Anyway devil is a nice kernel too.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Reactions: sixstringsg

yahyoh

Nov 7, 2011
Amman
Kernel releated; Overclocked my phone to 1580 mhz. And still cold like 1000mhz and works very nice. I found it very great. On devil kernel its going too hot and mostly on low frequancies. Anyway devil is a nice kernel too.

ya glitch is the best but no updates :(:(:(

truewt

Dec 9, 2010
Nvm disregard this post, i just figured that build 32 is using glitch kernel aka ****tiest kernel ever made.
For what cause does aokp use it? im tired of bootlooping back to stock hai odin.

What are you smoking? Glitch is the best for me but I'm jumping kernels because there's no updates and I've a flashing issue.

Sent from my AOKP B32 powered by Devil's kernel

burakgon

Oct 26, 2010
www.burakgon.com
You can send but not receive, so the question is, rom issue or ICS capable bluethoot file transfer?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

That's aokp issue I think. Because I sent a few apk files to my gf on cm9. She was on cm9 too. But we have wifi direct. (But I don't know how to send files using it :D)

Reactions: LoqOs195

DarrenCarnall

Aug 26, 2010
I came from team ICSSGS and this is SO much faster. (although I did format both my SD cards before installing so maybe that helped)

Oddly though today my 'quite time' setting has stopped working. I had it set to mute my notifications only at night, and it worked... but last night they carried on sounding. Anybody else had this?

vitoski

Mar 1, 2009
Poland
Happens to me too.....I use an app like this and since b31 it does not work anymore......the lock screen poops up after 1-2 seconds .......really anoing ......so if anyone finds a fix plsssss share......

Since no one here got interested in this solving this problem and because my phone crashed I changed the ROM to Infinitium 2.1 which is based on AOKP b32.
Firstly I had the same problem as with AOKP, but pbecks1963 (thanks for that) advices me to try 'Screen off and lock' (which in fact I tried with AOKP and did not work)... and guess what!!! IT WORKS!!!

So maybe you would like to give it a try!

Last edited:

blorro

Oct 21, 2008
Gävle
I took the liberty of posting ext sd card not showing via usb cable issue at rootzwiki forum section " bug report i9000 ".
[ uote name='Zaphod-Beeblebrox' timestamp='1334785985']
Before I approve this (I don't have an I-9000) Please double check two things for me:

1) is Fast Charge on? (I don't know if FastCharge is used/supported on that device
Yep! Fast charge was on, when disabled /rebooted USB Storage Dropdown menu worked.
Seems that its fast charge related as you suspected.
However external SD card not readable.

2) check your MTP settings :
Settings -> Storage -> {Menu button} -> USB/Computer connection -> MTP ON/Off?
When entering Storage settings as above, no menu option present on pressing "Menu" button.
Does not matter if fast charge on or off.
]
Pending bugreport approval ,hence the no-link thingy.
Jumping like a kangaroo between this thread and aokp.co / rootzwiki.
Because i dig AOKP yo! : )

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png

changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. Flash latest THS build (just to clean up from other devices build.prop issues)
    5. flash AOKP
    6. flash Gapps
    7. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Think of builds as "nightlies." They are the latest and greatest, but they may contain bugs. Find Romanns builds here.
    Find my builds here

Milestone releases are an accumulation of builds before it. They are intended to be bug free and "complete." Find milestones here.

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Romann
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

submit features or report bugs here

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Reserved
    10char

Don't worry, I don't like your work either. Oh wait.....
    I'll build a HugeRAM build 29/30 combo today hopefully.
    Long week at work + long week on android = six shouldn't be posting on XDA. sorry to anyone I snapped at. One way to help keep this thread effective: if three people have posted about an issue and its not their fault, everyone probably has it. Unless you have a solution, I don't need 20 people saying they have the problem, it just clutters up the thread. I read every post, so I did see it, and I do my best to respond with what I know about the issue in a timely manner.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5