Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony S1 App Essentials

Tip us?

techfellow
Old
(Last edited by techfellow; 17th April 2012 at 07:07 PM.) Reason: Follow up
Thanks Meter 9
Thank you all for this great list. My Tablet S should be here tomorrow, I hate that I will be at various appointments all day before I could get my hands on it.

I'm a little disappointed it does not interact more with the PS3, but I have my fingers cross that with the ICS update this matter will be address.

I'm still on the fence on if I should root or not.

Got my Sony tablet S, and after playing with it for about 5 hours last night, this thing is great! This is my first tablet so really nothing to compare it to.
My wife which has a Kindle keyboard is loving this tablet, she loves the bigger screen, the fact that she can read in the dark without a desk lamp, and most of all the shape.

So now i'm in the market for a second tablet as soon as may 1st, I will wait and see if Google comes with something like the rumors says, or maybe one of the new samsung, or the prime.

Thanks again for the list.
Omia i900 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > Droid 2 Global > Droid Razr M - Retail w Cyanogenmod 10.2 nightly
Sony Tablet S - Disapointed that it is on 4.0.3 (r5a> but love the IR blaster/remote control

Mahaco
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_EDJ View Post
It's really cool that GTA 3 supports a controller input! I'll have to check that out now.

And that the Slide me marketplace sounds really nifty. I guess I'll have to get that micro to mini USB dongle thing to plug in a gamepad and really unlock the emulator abilities of the tablet!

I HATE how little Sony's PSN games offer. With everything they've collected from me, I refuse to buy MediEvil and such twice. My account info should all be able to transfer over and unlock that.
+1 for that

Sony isn't really doing his best I mean which PSone games do you have other then the silly ones available right now
These games I would like to see in the PS store:

1. Command and Conquer
2. C&C Red Alert 1
3. A Bugs Life
4. Ape Escape
5. Tomb Raider
6. Rayman

These games are already much more "Liked" then the simple games on ps store and still, Nothing more then just a couple of dumb old games..

And they need a controller or it is not playable except rayman.
Example: Fpse doesn't support ps3 Controller

animaleyes76
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Fancy widgets for a very nice HTC style clock and weather

aldredd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
for me,

Best Apps:
iTap Mobile RDP - a fantastic remote desktop app which uses requires no 3rd Party App to be installed on the pc. I use it at home and at work, and has gesture recognition.
Price: About $12

Mindjet - formally 'Thinking Space Pro', a paid for app, this is now owned by MindJet (who I think make enterprise level versions of the software) as a free app. Makes a great tool for at work.
Price: free

Best Games:
Sim City - Surprisingly good graphics and gameplay, though takes a little getting used to the controls.
Price: Can't remember, but about $4 iirc

Train Crisis HD - just a fun puzzle type game
Price: Approx $1

(sorry, wouldn't let me post links)