Post Reply

[ROM]<==Galaxy Task v3==>(3-17) AT&T Jetstream

OP task650

19th April 2012, 08:59 AM   |  #161  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 41
 
241 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanBoo

Yup, that's what I thought too... The question is, what shall we do now?! Sell the device if we find somebody who wants it or wait for somebody who digs out the power which's inside?!


Gesendet von meinem HTC One X

I for one will not trade the Jetstream in for another device. It is still of great use to and I really use the scribe pen functions extensively. I would just wait and even if the wait turns futile, I won't exchange. This is the device for me. However I must admit, I also am looking forward to some upgrades to the software. Hopefully we manage to get some developments soon.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using XDA
20th April 2012, 01:25 AM   |  #162  
mgori's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oakville
Thanks Meter: 8
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanBoo

Yup, that's what I thought too... The question is, what shall we do now?! Sell the device if we find somebody who wants it or wait for somebody who digs out the power which's inside?!


I've been trying to sell my HTC Jetstream for a while now and nobody wants to buy it. For me it was one of the dumbest purchases I made in a long time. The only reason why I bought the tablet is because I was looking for an Android tablet and my brother in law works for a wireless carrier. He got me the tablet for $100 with a 2GB/$10 data plan locked for 1 year, seemed like a bargain to me. I find the Jetstream slow, horrible UI (Sense 1.1 sucks!)...Replace Sense launcer for GO Launcher HD and its so much better! Even if HTC does release ICS for the Jetstream, who knows how they will adapt Sense UI to ICS for tablet, from what I've heard so far on the ICS phones HTC been releasing with new Sense UI for ICS it doubles the overhead on Android.

Please keep in mind that this is my opinion of the tablet. I am sure other people love it like "kailashpchhabria" was saying.
Last edited by mgori; 20th April 2012 at 01:33 AM.
20th April 2012, 01:30 AM   |  #163  
task650's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,847
 
21,891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgori

I've been trying to sell my HTC Jetstream for a while now and nobody wants to buy it. For me it was one of the dumbest purchases I made in a long time. The only reason why I bought the tablet is because I was looking for an Android tablet and my brother in law works for a wireless carrier. He got me the tablet for $100 with a 2GB/$10 data plan locked for 1 year, seemed like a bargain to me. I find the Jetstream slow, horrible UI (Sense 1.1 sucks!)...Replace Sense launcer for GO Launcher HD and its so much better! Even if HTC does release ICS for the Jetstream, who knows how they will adapt Sense UI to ICS for tablet, from what I've heard so far on the ICS phones HTC been releasing with new Sense UI for ICS it doubles the overhead on Android.

i agree with all of this dude. no matter what i do to this thing it just doesnt perform like a tablet should. with how much this tablet costs at release it should be 10x better. they don't want to support this considering its definitely NOT a flagship device. they lost money on this device. i have a galaxy tab 10.1 that i run at 1ghz and its 20x smoother, faster, and actually multitasks. i would say that this is the worst or close to the worst device that i've ever used.
20th April 2012, 01:37 AM   |  #164  
mgori's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oakville
Thanks Meter: 8
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Yeah Task I agree with what you are saying as well. You are the only DEV that has spend sometime trying to improve the device, and that is greatly appreciated. If you say that YOU cannot get this device to perform as it should then that seals it for me. HTC really missed the mark on this device, its a shame.
20th April 2012, 04:54 AM   |  #165  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 41
 
241 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgori

I've been trying to sell my HTC Jetstream for a while now and nobody wants to buy it. For me it was one of the dumbest purchases I made in a long time. The only reason why I bought the tablet is because I was looking for an Android tablet and my brother in law works for a wireless carrier. He got me the tablet for $100 with a 2GB/$10 data plan locked for 1 year, seemed like a bargain to me. I find the Jetstream slow, horrible UI (Sense 1.1 sucks!)...Replace Sense launcer for GO Launcher HD and its so much better! Even if HTC does release ICS for the Jetstream, who knows how they will adapt Sense UI to ICS for tablet, from what I've heard so far on the ICS phones HTC been releasing with new Sense UI for ICS it doubles the overhead on Android.

Please keep in mind that this is my opinion of the tablet. I am sure other people love it like "kailashpchhabria" was saying.

Sure man. Everyone has a right to their opinion. It is so amazing for me for the basic fact of the scribe pen and its application in my daily usage and academics which is the major use of the device for me followed by some multimedia. Anyways, we can just keep our fingers crossed.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using XDA
20th April 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #166  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
454 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
i've seen no other tablet (exept the ipad2) so i can't tell how crappy it is.
the V3 of task actually improved the device very much for me. but i'm with kailashpchhabria. i'm a student and the jetstream serves me as a digital notebook very successfuly. it's a shame the HTC won't give a sh*t about us and the device..

task - you working on something or had enough of the JS?
20th April 2012, 06:32 AM   |  #167  
task650's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,847
 
21,891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_shastri

i've seen no other tablet (exept the ipad2) so i can't tell how crappy it is.
the V3 of task actually improved the device very much for me. but i'm with kailashpchhabria. i'm a student and the jetstream serves me as a digital notebook very successfuly. it's a shame the HTC won't give a sh*t about us and the device..

task - you working on something or had enough of the JS?

I'm always working on something bro. Just been really busy lately.
20th April 2012, 06:50 AM   |  #168  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
454 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
happy to hear that you'r still with us..
i was afraid you moved on..
thanks
20th April 2012, 06:52 AM   |  #169  
task650's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,847
 
21,891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_shastri

happy to hear that you'r still with us..
i was afraid you moved on..
thanks

Lol. Nope. Haven't left you guys yet. I dev for a few devices and with work and my little girl I've just been over loaded.
20th April 2012, 06:58 AM   |  #170  
BanBoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Aschaffenburg
Thanks Meter: 123
 
358 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650

Lol. Nope. Haven't left you guys yet. I dev for a few devices and with work and my little girl I've just been over loaded.

Chill.... Like I said, device runs good so far. If you say you will continue dev for the jetstream im happy. No matter how long it takes .
Bless to your little girl!

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes