[ROM] Update (7/23/12) Tweaked Stock BETA 5.0 (3G Only) | Stock ICS | AROMA

Search This thread

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Status of 3.0

Some users have PM'd me, asking when 3.0 will be out. the answer is "soon" I don't dev much on the weekends, as I am spending time with my family, and I still have to finish up the AOSP launcher option (I likely will release w/o hidebar this time and release later), so early next week is the likely timeframe.

Steve

geogetski666

Oct 25, 2009
Quezon City
i have trouble with hidebar also but with honeybar i am not experiencing any problems with it but the problem is it's not free you need to purchase it on google play worth every penny :) just a note for those who wants it :)

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Very strange, I'm on stock xxla4 now and haven't had a single FC or prob with HideBar. Maybe something else causing it in the tweaked rom?

Yes. There is a problem with some of the tweaks I applied and the DXLB3 firmware in terms of hidebar and some ap FCs, and just Hidebar with XXLA4. I am actually trying to fix these in DXLB3 before I release 3.0 to keep the two versions, as I like this better. The FCs are easy to fix, hidebar not so much, because the logcat shows no errors, but only "false" hidden attribute. I believe I know the cause and am almost there. The AOSP launcher is still being a PITA, as I keep running into an sqlite version error with XXLA4, but I am learning how to adjust that. Kind of fun learning more about how sqlite works, but slows things down.

I envision today (late) or tomorrow as the release date, but it may be Friday or the weekend, depending on my work schedule, and, to be honest, I just got a One X and am making a ROM for that, too...:).

Will keep you guys posted.

Steve

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Yes. There is a problem with some of the tweaks I applied and the DXLB3 firmware in terms of hidebar and some ap FCs, and just Hidebar with XXLA4. I am actually trying to fix these in DXLB3 before I release 3.0 to keep the two versions, as I like this better. The FCs are easy to fix, hidebar not so much, because the logcat shows no errors, but only "false" hidden attribute. I believe I know the cause and am almost there. The AOSP launcher is still being a PITA, as I keep running into an sqlite version error with XXLA4, but I am learning how to adjust that. Kind of fun learning more about how sqlite works, but slows things down.

I envision today (late) or tomorrow as the release date, but it may be Friday or the weekend, depending on my work schedule, and, to be honest, I just got a One X and am making a ROM for that, too...:).

Will keep you guys posted.

Steve
Just curious, how does the stock launcher perform on ur setup?

Because nitroglycerine33's Eclipse rom also runs the same launcher, and tbh, performance is not that impressive. In the end, switched to another 3rd party launcher. :(

hellokittyr

Oct 9, 2005
Great.

I have boot loop. Using the stable version I went into CWM. Trying to wipe my data, and the recovery restarts before it complete. Does that mean I have to send it to factory now.

Tried to restore. My stock cwm backup. MD5 mismatch what the fxxk.!

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
No I had this issue (not related to this rom though) you need to do a file system check and repair the volumes/partitions on the device. You will need to do each partition separately via an adb shell. Hope this helps, I had the same issue and that is what solved it for me.. Google & XDA are definitely your friend on this one. Good luck..!

Sent from an iPhone4s..

Reactions: hellokittyr

hellokittyr

Oct 9, 2005
went to a shopping mall and got a cable an hour ago.

and i am still downloading the stock rom.

but i managed to get it fixed!!

i used the recovery.tar.md5 from
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23340372&postcount=22

and flashed in Odin. (Put in the PDA section)

then enter Samsung's stock recovery.

Wiped all data. (This will also erase all, including internal SD!)

and it's working now.

Cause of this.
I am pretty sure it's hardware, or at least stock firmware issue.
I was having so much fun with the stock rooted firmware. and all of a sudden i cant enter my application list in setting. it reboots itself everytime an application try to scan/search

i knew i am in trouble since then......

----------------------------------

Huge thanks to maconsultant for pointing me in the right direction.

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Hello Steve,

I noticed that since I installed the last update, Titanium backup would fail creating files onto the external SD card.

Any chance to add the tweak from this link on you next release please?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1491954

Thanks for your great work!

pa.

I have rewritten the permissions for the sdcard r/w in 3.0. I spaced in 2.0 and have been angry at myself every time I try to sync my music/photos...:).

Steve

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Great.

I have boot loop. Using the stable version I went into CWM. Trying to wipe my data, and the recovery restarts before it complete. Does that mean I have to send it to factory now.

Tried to restore. My stock cwm backup. MD5 mismatch what the fxxk.!

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA

No I had this issue (not related to this rom though) you need to do a file system check and repair the volumes/partitions on the device. You will need to do each partition separately via an adb shell. Hope this helps, I had the same issue and that is what solved it for me.. Google & XDA are definitely your friend on this one. Good luck..!

Sent from an iPhone4s..

Looks like this is taken care of, but this appears to be a case of a corrupted recovery. If you can get into stock recovery, which you did, I recommend wiping everything with the stock recovery, and then everything should be fine.
There appears to be something with our current recovery that can mess up the recovery partition when you have flashed a ROM from it. It has happened to me a few times, and the solution has always been the same.

I'll also attach an ODIN flashable stock recovery I made for a user here in case someone is reading through this later and wants it, but the other link goes down or something:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22769554/Misc/P6800_Stock_Recovery.tar

Steve

Last edited:

hellokittyr

Oct 9, 2005
Looks like this is taken care of, but this appears to be a case of a corrupted recovery. If you can get into stock recovery, which you did, I recommend wiping everything with the stock recovery, and then everything should be fine.
There appears to be something with our current recovery that can mess up the recovery partition when you have flashed a ROM from it. It has happened to me a few times, and the solution has always been the same.

I'll also attach an ODIN flashable stock recovery I made for a user here in case someone is reading through this later and wants it, but the other link goes down or something:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22769554/Misc/P6800_Stock_Recovery.tar

Steve

I had the problem with the system when I was on stock rom and stock recovery.
That was why I try to flash something else with cwm. But that just made everything 10 worst.
cost my data was still corrupted.

I searched online and found out I m not the only one.
Samsung should release ICS ASAP.......

Until then. Version 3 please!!!

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
So, have been running 3.0 for three days now. Everything looks good. Hidebar works, except the ghost back button, and stock launcher add on is fine. Surprised its not as smooth as I would like, but oh well. I also think i have full gpu rendering working. Games seem better now. I will post tonight if I get back home at a decent hour.

I think this will be the last release of this rom. I am going to flash the ics build and work on that. Not going to bother with a custom rom until ics is stable or Samsung releases the update they have been promising. I actually like the features of touch wiz, its just laggy. I have it about as smooth as j thinkbit can be, but its not good enough, dammit.

Steve

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

emprize

Jan 15, 2007
im using 2.0, and i cant install titanium backup now, it say not enough space, but i can install other apps, anyone help?

haovh_85

Jul 4, 2009
I can not change the theme in Tweaked Stock. Help me pls!

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (7/23/12) Tweaked Stock for GT-P6800 Version 5.0

This is the BETA release of my tweaked stock ROM, based off of the new XXLQ1 Firmware. It uses AROMA to install the ROM and gives the user quite a bit of choice as to what apps to install. There are also some choices for mods and fonts, but these are limited ATM. I HAVE NOT tested all of the AROMA options in terms of apps and fonts, but there is nothing that will break anything...;).

This is a BETA release, so please don't flash unless you are willing to accept the risk of some bugs....no screenshots test, as it is stock...

Features

- Based on Official Firmware XXLQ1 (ATO);
    - Deodexed,
    - Zipaligned,
    - AROMA 2.0 Installer;
    - Stock kernel,
    - Init.d support;
    -Removed CPU rendering, full GPU rendering;
    - init.d scripts include: RAM management and VM tweaks, zipalign, flash memory performance and more,
    - build.prop tweaks for improved screen responsiveness, keeping home app in memory, etc.,
    - Most widgets and icons removed from homescreen to make it cleaner and easier to customize (see screenshot),
    - Optimized pngs and smali/xml launcher/framework tweaks for a smoother TW experience,
    - See change log, in post #2...

Coming Very Soon

- Advanced/extended power menu (debugging now...)

Known Issues

-Homescreen is a bit messy when you first boot, depending on what you install via AROMA.... In the final, I will have all widgets, removed and app shortcuts aligned, so you have a clean slate.
    - You tell me....

INSTALLATION

1. Make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM,

2. Download the flashable .zip file you want below,

3. Reboot into clockwork mod recovery,

4. You must flash the XXLQ1 ICS firmware via ODIN/Heimdall before flashing this ROM! Also, a data wipe is strongly recommended before flashing Thanks.

5. Flash the ROM zip in recovery, following the prompts in the AROMA installer (NOTE: on the custom install menu you need to use the volume keys to scroll up and down, working on this...),

6. Let it boot up and then go through the setup wizard,

7. Let the widgets load up and things settle, sync., etc.,

8. Enjoy, and please post bugs in the thread, if any ( "XDA App keeps force closing" is NOT a bug....;)).

9. If you like the ROM, please hit the thanks button....:)!

DOWNLOAD

ROM

(Mirror 1, more to come, if needed): http://d-h.st/pNd

Samsung Apps

http://d-h.st/mSz

PLEASE NOTE:
    • This ROM will flash the modem.bin from the ATO firmware. This should not be an issue for users, but I just want you to know...I have it in there for beta testing purposes, and will remove in future releases...
    • If you use tegrak or some other over-clocking app, or if you restore data with Titanium Backup, please do not post bugs you may have when using those programs. The same goes for restoring system data via Titanium Backup. I cannot debug issues arising from their use.

Thanks/Credits
    • lowtraxx for helping me with the broken fonts issue...
    • More to come...

WARNING/DISCLAIMER

As with all custom ROMs, you flash the ROM and any other items linked to in this post or the remainder of this thread at your own risk. I cannot and will not be held responsible for anything that may happen to your phone, others or you as a result of flashing this ROM.
    Change Log

Version 3.0--->Version 5.0

• [*Initial Release of ICS Version

Version 2.0--->Version 3.0
    • Went back to XXLA4 base, completely rebuilt, with all apks optimized;
    • Removed CPU rendering, full GPU rendering;
    • Added some init.d tweaks to increase ext4 I/O speed,
    • revamped RAM, priorities, handler and vm tweaks;
    • incrased sdcard readahead to 2048,
    • added modded stock launcher from 10.1 that has also been optimized (still not as smooth as TW launcher, IMHO), with smali code altered to work with sqlite version in the firmware;
    • added back memo and a couple of other apps (Kies, etc.) to lite base;
    • Other dorky stuff I am sure I forgot...

Final v 1-->version 2.0
    • Completely rebuilt from newest official firmware DXBL3;
    • Only one version available (should work over all firmware, but see "Please Note" in OP). This is a "Lite Version";
    • Made Samsung App flashable zip available for those who want full ROM;
    • Working HideBar App;
    • Increased free memory in supercharger script;
    • Removed TCP tweaks from build.prop;
    • Redid allanimations in framework and launcher to increase speed/smoothness and reduce lag;
    • Probably a lot more I forgot...

RC3-->Final
    • De-symlinked system/app and data/app_s;
    • Added noatime flash memory tweaks;
    • added drop caches script to (hopefully) reduce lag in homescreen;
    • Messed with the animations a bit to speed them up;
    • More optimizations of Samsung TW apks to at least make them work better (wish I could get rid of them...);
    • Minor speed and battery tweaks;
    • More I am sure I forgot...

RC2-->RC3
    • Changed kernel flash method to improve (hopefully solve) problems with flashing onto some stock firmware;
    • Fixed app drawer background;
    • removed some init.d scripts I felt were extraneous;
    • Speed tweaks (let me know)...

RC1-->RC2
    • Fixed issue in kernel flash that (I hope) was preventing some users phone to force close/bootloop on startup;
    • Fixed issues with some apps and games crashing (again,..:));
    • Symlinked /system/app/ to /data/app/ to offload some data on the system partition;
    • Moved some apps to /data/app so they can be uninstalled;
    • Adjusted the RAM script settings to be less aggressive, but hopefully just as effective;
    • tweaked VM settings;
    • removed some init.d scripts I felt were not adding all that much (make things simpler);
    • further tinkering with framework to smooth out TW interface. I find that the only noticeable lag now is after closing out a program, there is a fraction of a secon of lag when switching home screens. I hope to remove this by the final release...
    Removed Apps & Extras

List of Removed Apps

Again, these can be re-added with the "SamsungApps.zip" in the OP,a will be an option in AROMA next version...
    Kies
    MobilePrint
    Samsung Apps
    Version 2.0

Version 2.0 is up in the OP. Please consider hitting the thanks button if you download. about 10k downloads over the past month and about 200 thanks...;). Thanks!

Steve
    Version 3.0 Up

Hey all,

Version 3.0 is up in the OP, along with the AOSP launcher add-on. Please hit the thanks button if you like it. thanks!

Steve