Cant connect to computer

Tip us?

Silicon Knight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Default Cant connect to computer

For some reason, out of nowhere, my computer or phone are deciding not to connect to each other, which it was working fine last night and hundreds of times before that on the same laptop, suddenly when i plug my phone in now it says drives failed to install, and so i downloaded that latest LG Android Device Drivers, and still wont work. Any thoughts on how to fix this ?

brad6360
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Do you get the USB connection icon on your phone? If so, this shouldn't be that hard to fix. It's probably just a driver issue. I would uninstall the LG and Android drivers and start over. Now, if you don't get the USB icon on your phone at all, then you either have a bad USB cable or SD card. I had this problem for months before I figured out it was my USB cable that was the problem.
Phone: LG Revolution
S/W: ZV8
ROM: Broken Out ROM 1.1

drt054
Old
Thanks Meter 151
If driver issue with Windows, uninstall drivers, reboot, install drivers, reboot, after Windows loads then plug in the phone, then try everything starting with Charge Only, then Mass Storage, then Internet Connection Mode, and all the drivers should install fine

If this fails you can try ADB over Wifi in the Play Store. It bypasses a lot of issues if you are just trying to use adb on your phone. If you need files off your phone try Wifi File Transfer. No wires or cables needed. Both just need an existing Wifi network to transfer/push/pull files.