Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 46,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nook Simple Touch -> Nook Multi Touch [Screensaver Locking Issue Explanation Added]

Tip us?

fjl307
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Oh i see.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Khiven
Old
Thanks Meter 2
What pdf viewer are you using? I have tried to launch a pdf from a fileexplorer but it always open it with the default nook pdf reader which seems not to be the same you used in the video since it does not support multitouch, zoom or whatever

apeine
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Ezpdf does it! Try it. Quite cool.

BTW, congrats for the person that informed that using a double finger on screen would release a locked nook (in my case, on screensaver)! It worked perfectly!

Paburin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've readed several news about the multitouch functionality, but i don't understand how to install it... I have my nook rooted with Clockwork, i've downloaded the multitouch posted by mali100 and installed, do i need anything else? like the norefresh app? (i can't install it with clockwork, the instalation is aborted) i try installing the multitouch.zip and using ezpdf app and nothing happen... i don't know what to do... it's seems like the biggest pdf reading experience ever! i wanna try it!

Sorry for my english, i'm a spanish speaker.

apeine
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Paburin,

After you install it via CWmod, it was supposed to work right away. I opened google maps and it worked, same with ezpdf.
After you ran CWmod, did you choose to install the zip? After that, everything is done. NoRefresh app is a plus, but it is not necessary right now.

Paburin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So i supposed to be in the right way, installing the multitouch.zip by CWmod, but it doesn't work, i try it with ezpdf and web explorer, i've make it twice, when the first time not work, i've formated the nook, now i don't know if i need to format again and make the same operation, or a missing one.

anikol
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default could you explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeine View Post
Ezpdf does it! Try it. Quite cool.

BTW, congrats for the person that informed that using a double finger on screen would release a locked nook (in my case, on screensaver)! It worked perfectly!
What is a double finger on locked nook? Could you point me to the explanation?

Googie2149
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikol View Post
What is a double finger on locked nook? Could you point me to the explanation?
Two fingers. Kind of like scrolling on an iMac, or zooming on an iPhone/normal Andriod device.
Android Devices - Nook Color running Stock 1.4.2 and CM7 from 16GB SD; Rooted Nook Simple Touch with broken screen, but still runs; Currently Stock Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 with cracked glass. I wonder how long until my NC dies...

anikol
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default but what does it do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googie2149 View Post
Two fingers. Kind of like scrolling on an iMac, or zooming on an iPhone/normal Andriod device.
I am asking what kind of functionality you get from two finger scroll, with respect to this multitouch mod?

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheilitjohnny View Post
I finally see the problem!

Sometimes u may see the nook with no respond.
To solve it, try to drag with two fingers, then this usually solves the problem.

It mainly because there may exist "ghosting" touching if the previous touch didn't provide "finger leave" event.
Drag with two fingers would clear all the cached information. Try with this next time~
I found this response, it is about clearing possible lock up through ghosting.

zholy
Old
Thanks Meter 10
What you get that it will "unblock" the screen from screen saver, because...sometimes you will find out that using only one finger want unlock the screen. It somehow waits for the second reading/finger to unlock it.

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium