Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Battery Charged Silencer

Tip us?

OndrejP
Old
(Last edited by OndrejP; 19th September 2011 at 08:11 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [APP] Battery Charged Silencer

This application mutes notification sound when battery is fully charged. It can also disable vibrations if selected in options. It mutes before batery is charged (usually 99% ro 100%) - it mutes only notifications not phone calls.

Vibrator supression works with SGS2 and Galaxy Tab 10.1, it is strange that it does not work with other Samsung phones (quite puzzled).

Android Market link
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OndrejP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KryptosXLayer2
Old
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Definitely checking this out, but I think it's kinda sad we have to resort to an app to tell Samsung about this issue, when my old Galaxy S was doing the same crap a year ago and people hated it then! It's like "yes, the device IS fully charged, thanks for telling me in the middle of the night when I have it charging for a reason, and no, I'm not going to take it off the charger just because it's fully charged now!!!"

It's one thing to want to be enviro-friendly, it's another to bug the crap out of you to unplug your device 5 hours before you need it for the day just because it's "done charging...."
The Following User Says Thank You to KryptosXLayer2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OndrejP
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Samsung should remove this feature completely. Issue is with some phones, e.g. droid charge, where vibration setting does not work - and this setting in app turns off vibrator :-/ Nevertheless it works for relevant devices which are SGS2, American SGS2 and new Tab.

Luutarhuri
Old
(Last edited by Luutarhuri; 27th January 2012 at 01:37 PM.) Reason: more info
Thanks Meter 0
Any possibility to get this to work on SGS i9000 also?
This "feature" is bugging the crap out of me with 2.3.5 version. Didn't have this problem when I was using Froyo.

edit: Actually, it seems to work in i9000 already. I'll add more information about it in future.

fedorflasnik
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Many thanks for this hilarious application. Finally my tablet don't wake me up at night.

It works also while listening to TuneIn Radio where the tone makes the streaming sound stopped...

WTFunk
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarciaM25 View Post
Definitely checking this out, but I think it's kinda sad we have to resort to an app to tell Samsung about this issue, when my old Galaxy S was doing the same crap a year ago and people hated it then! It's like "yes, the device IS fully charged, thanks for telling me in the middle of the night when I have it charging for a reason, and no, I'm not going to take it off the charger just because it's fully charged now!!!"

It's one thing to want to be enviro-friendly, it's another to bug the crap out of you to unplug your device 5 hours before you need it for the day just because it's "done charging...."
I just thanked you because I couldn't possibly agree more with everything you said. I feel like long tossing the tablet everytime it wakes me up! Going to try this app, thanks OP

dextroamphetamine
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thank you so much! I sleep with my Tablet as I use one of the sleep cycle monitor apps and it always wakes me up when it's done charging.

craigccfl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
thanks a bunch, I too found the beep rather annoying especially when you're charging off the PC and using the tab to do other functions during work. I'm downloading this fix right now.

rico_35
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello Ondrej,

Could you make it compatible with GS2 NFC (GT-O9100P) because I can not acces to your application on Play Store (not compatible...).

Many thanks

pigeldi
Old
Thanks Meter 6
In the market it shows that my SGS2 is not compatible, only my tab 10.1 is?!?!