Thanks Meter: 149

805 posts
Donate to Me
More
So exciting

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04...-of-the-one-v/

EDIT: http://dl4.htc.com/RomCode/Source_an...f3a1982.tar.gz

Sent from my DoubleShot Lite using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by ac3theone; 18th April 2012 at 09:58 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ac3theone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Roseville
Thanks Meter: 265

1,714 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3theone

so exciting

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04...-of-the-one-v/

sent from my doubleshot lite using tapatalk 2

yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss ssssssss

Soo.... Does anyone think we could see some pure AOSP action now? Or someone could update the kernel for CM7? As you will see in general someone -whom I suspect is not alone - would love an AOSP ROM on our HTC Doubleshot.
Last edited by CoNsPiRiSiZe; 18th April 2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Cus i luuvvvv u guys :D
18th April 2012, 09:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 21

88 posts
More

Maybe this kernel isn't that good as we suppose...
18th April 2012, 10:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Roseville
Thanks Meter: 265

1,714 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusferatu

Well.... What did u expect? we don't have an ICS ROM in our future that we have been made aware of, and it is truly great news as this is something that has made many a dev stray away from this device - now we might be able to get CM7 stable - and others to work off of CM7 such as blahblah
18th April 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 406

1,445 posts
Donate to Me
More
Good news nevertheless

We need to get CM7 STABLE ASAP
We may be late in the running, but that doesn't mean we still can't get merged into the main tree
Last edited by gtmaster303; 19th April 2012 at 02:15 AM.
19th April 2012, 07:45 AM   |  #6  
Flag McAllen
Thanks Meter: 44

115 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusferatu

Its worse than you thought... The source code was released a really long time ago. This is just an updated kernel, so the real reason for lack of development isn't because the source code wasn't available. :/

19th April 2012, 10:16 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,135

1,771 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmab88

Its worse than you thought... The source code was released a really long time ago. This is just an updated kernel, so the real reason for lack of development isn't because the source code wasn't available. :/

Updated source is awesome though. Tried to get it earlier and couldn't - can't on shift and will be working straight until Friday afternoon so won't have a chance to try again for a few days.

Any percieved lack of development is due to people not putting any effort into it - everyone who cries about a lack of development should do something about it instead of waiting for someone else to do so.

Why come here if you don't want to get into dev, worse, come here and complain about yourself not doing anything? Kinda silly.

Whenever I see people complain about a lack of development I wonder why they would basically make fun of themselves? It gives me a laugh at their expense...

Sent from a digital distance.
19th April 2012, 01:16 PM   |  #8  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,807

5,132 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yeah i just got the source downloaded because it matches the new ota I'm running now, I've never seen what a dual core source looks like, or if I'll even be able to compile a kernel for this device, I've only compiled a few for the EVO shift, which was straight forward with a little help from my boy drob...who knows o may get it to boot ha-ha.......nope I fudged something in my toolchain It's broke....again.....LOL
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by strapped365; 19th April 2012 at 01:40 PM.
19th April 2012, 01:44 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1,135

1,771 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by strapped365

Yeah i just got the source downloaded because it matches the new ota I'm running now, I've never seen what a dual core source looks like, or if I'll even be able to compile a kernel for this device, I've only compiled a few for the EVO shift, which was straight forward with a little help from my boy drob...who knows o may get it to boot ha-ha

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62701184/arm-eabi-4.4.3.zip

That link is for the toolchain you need, i've been hosting it on dropbox for a while until I get it over to a more permanent host.

I can walk you through it later if you want.

I have it written up on how to set up your linux environment and make changes, including versioning instructions, just haven't found the time to polish off a part of it and add it to the dev reference yet.

Got a whole space reserved for the how to from start to finish on making kernels for the doubleshot, and i've already walked people through it with no kernel dev experience so if you've done it for another device it'll be a cakewalk.

I'm eating breakfast now and gotta run out to another job, and going straight from there to dodgeball practice, then work again tonight and from there right to the job i'm about to do again tomorrow this time, so tomorrow night i'm doubtless going to sleep - maybe as early as saturday evening I could go through it with you on IRC if you are interested.

Otherwise I hope to have that in the dev ref next week, work permitting.
19th April 2012, 02:07 PM   |  #10  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,807

5,132 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue6IX

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62701184/arm-eabi-4.4.3.zip

That link is for the toolchain you need, i've been hosting it on dropbox for a while until I get it over to a more permanent host.

I can walk you through it later if you want.

I have it written up on how to set up your linux environment and make changes, including versioning instructions, just haven't found the time to polish off a part of it and add it to the dev reference yet.

Got a whole space reserved for the how to from start to finish on making kernels for the doubleshot, and i've already walked people through it with no kernel dev experience so if you've done it for another device it'll be a cakewalk.

I'm eating breakfast now and gotta run out to another job, and going straight from there to dodgeball practice, then work again tonight and from there right to the job i'm about to do again tomorrow this time, so tomorrow night i'm doubtless going to sleep - maybe as early as saturday evening I could go through it with you on IRC if you are interested.

Otherwise I hope to have that in the dev ref next week, work permitting.

I might have my little one on Saturday night so that maybe a no go for then, the tool chain I currently have is 4.4.1, because anything newer for the speedy breaks a ton during the compile.....I changed some commands around for ****s and giggles and got a zimage in arch/arm/boot so I split it with the ota ramdisk and I'm just gonna try....if that goes south I'll setup your tool chain....thanks blue your like the DoubleShot dictionary....

Also I'm gonna grab one of your kernel zips for test flashes if that's ok

Last edited by strapped365; 19th April 2012 at 02:10 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread