Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Thunderbolt for iPhone 4?

OP CanesDrew

17th April 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
I can agree with the trade too for money purposes. I would not trade just to stick with it though - I agree with the one who said Itunes not good. Apple is too restricted for me at least. Can't say much on the revolution you mentioned as I don't know that phone all that well.
18th April 2012, 05:14 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 69

224 posts
More
I owned an iPhone 4, its not a bad phone if its jailbroken. I don't have any regrets with selling my iPhone for a thunderbolt. In my opinion Android is by far the better operating system.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA
18th April 2012, 07:45 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 242

2,549 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesDrew

Should I do it? A guy wants to trade.

Hmm...

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using xda premium

Yes. Bottom line is money. Sell that iPhone for $300+ and go buy something else...hell buy 2 or 3 thunderbolts lol
19th April 2012, 02:56 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 115

1,377 posts
More
Great deal.....go for it....make sure u check the esn though....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
19th April 2012, 05:56 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 222

994 posts
More
I know this will tick some of you off but if I can find one, I'm gonna keep it. Want to use Facetime to chat with family in another state.

Among other reasons of course.

19th April 2012, 07:10 AM   |  #16  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 46

1,146 posts
More
What omg u change 2 teh iTunes u must be dumb blah blah blah.

Enjoy the change, man!

Comes down to what you want to use your phone for and what *you* prefer. The fact that some other member prefers Android doesn't mean it should influence you at all.

Now if you become one of those #teamiphone or #teamandroid or #teamblackberry guys it becomes a problem :P
19th April 2012, 02:24 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 28

196 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesDrew

Should I do it? A guy wants to trade.

Hmm...

Not a good move IMO, the iPhone 4 isn't worth much more than the TB, but it's older, has a tiny screen, is thicker, only 3g, and half as useful as any android device. (I am forced to have an iOS device (currently iPad, used to be iPhone 4s) and Blackberry at work, and have the TB as my personal device so I get/have to use everything).

BTW, those saying you can get $300 for a USED iPhone 4 (not 4s), must know some real suckers. For the most part they can be had for under $200... USED Thunderbolts go for about $130-150.

Also, if you plan on selling it and getting a new device, do it soon. Before VZ charges you $30 dollars to "upgrade" starting april 22nd... That would certainly eat into any "profits" you are looking for.

One last thing, I'm not sure how VZ handles going back to a 3g only CDMA device. It's possible they could make you switch plans, meaning you could lose unlimited data. Not sure about that, but probably something you would want to check out.
Last edited by turbosrrgood; 19th April 2012 at 02:56 PM.
19th April 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 242

2,549 posts
The iPhone 4 is worth way more. $300 + used. A 32g 4 will easily get you that money. I can buy thunderbolts for $125. Do the trade. Sell it if you want and buy something else or trade it for anything.
EBay will get you good money. My coworker sold a 32g iPhone for $325 last week
Last edited by stkiswr; 19th April 2012 at 03:19 PM.
19th April 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #19  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Donate to Me
More
I went from the iPhone 4 to the TB, love it but loved my iPhone too...if would have had a larger screen like the TB and the widgets, I would have been all set and probably would still be an iOS freak, lol!
Use it around the house still on wifi for the apps that I cannot get on my TB. You'll enjoy it if you do trade.
19th April 2012, 10:20 PM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 222

994 posts
More
Still searching for an iPhone. Have a guy that wants to trade me his Bionic plus an OtterBox. I've got the Trident extended case on my Bolt.

What do you guys think? Never used a Bionic before.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread