Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Wich launcher do you think should be included?
Apex Launcher 73 32.16%
Nova Launcher 57 25.11%
Stock Launcher 40 17.62%
All of them 57 25.11%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] Abduction ICS (V1.81 -Update 3/12/2012)

Tip us?

omniatic
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstandi View Post
Any help appreciated. Haven't updated kernal. Is there one that might give slightly better battery life? What is everyone using? and with what results.

Thanks
rstandi
Chad and Tiny posted two test versions of Incredikernel with HWA. I'm on test 6 and am getting excellent battery life and no issues. Test 6 and 7 are towards the end of the Incredikernel thread.

user_error
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelloguy View Post
Does anyone else feel the music player's maximum loudness is not loud enough outdoors? And the screen's maximum brightness not bright enough outdoors?

I go for walks listening to audio books and both these things bother me quite a bit. I am wondering if I should try a stock ROM to see if it works any better in these departments.

Comments?
For the brightness, IDK - I am sure you can toy with settings. Mine has dust under the glass so that kind of screws me being able to see anything with any light on the screen.

But for the volume issue, get IncrediControl and I believe this rom already runs one of the IncrediKernels - open that and under General check the box for Audio Boost. It helps. It can also make your speaker crackle if your call volume is up 100% after a few months, so don't have it up at 100% by default (set-able under Sound in main settings menu). That is what I did. I switched back to 7.2 though recently because I lost my internal speaker for some reason and I thought it might have been the rom (it was not). It recently came back though out of the blue.

I am curious if there are better settings than default for the screen to squeeze more readability in bright light though.
Eris: DOA 23MAR2011 - Reborn 27MAR2011 Replaced By Incredible 30MAY2011 Ran AOKP ICS and Incredikernel - Replaced By Galaxy Nexus 02JUN2012 - Later Supplemented by Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to user_error For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

synisterwolf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,197
Yeah! Hanger

Sent from my iPhone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
Congratulations on being the kind of person who corrects the grammar of others, unsolicited. You're the Microsoft Word Paperclip.

OnceAMatrixMan
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf View Post
Yeah! Hanger

Sent from my iPhone...
iPhone! LOL!

Sent from my Incredible using XDA
Samsung i-760 > Droid Incredible (rooted, ICS) > Samsung Galaxy SIII (SCH-I535 Verizon, rooted & unlocked)

OnceAMatrixMan
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Any word about what is going on at AndroidPassion? Have not been able to get in for quite a while.

Samsung i-760 > Droid Incredible (rooted, ICS) > Samsung Galaxy SIII (SCH-I535 Verizon, rooted & unlocked)

mmalkin
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAMatrixMan View Post
Any word about what is going on at AndroidPassion? Have not been able to get in for quite a while.
I've had no problems logging in there (using tapatalk). Not much activity recently, though. Hope all is well with Hanger.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

tiny4579
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmalkin View Post
I've had no problems logging in there (using tapatalk). Not much activity recently, though. Hope all is well with Hanger.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
He got a Rezound but hopes to have more time devving for the Inc now that it's not his active phone. Hopefully he'll be able to pick up for you guys.

mushat3k
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:

I can't connect on the Verizon network for some reason but I've had no issues on wifi. I hope hanger comes back soon, the rom was getting to great places

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk 2

demarcmj
Old
(Last edited by demarcmj; 20th April 2012 at 02:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:

Are you using a bookmark?

They updated some stuff recently and urls that were previously of the form:
http://androidpassions.com/forum/index.php/topic/...
are now
http://androidpassions.com/forum//topic/...

"index.php" has been removed, but note that there's still a double forward slash (SynisterWolf is in the process of fixing that part though)

If you're having some other problem, I can't help ya. The site seems to be working for me.

EDIT: The double forward slash part seems to be fixed now too...

32GB Marble White (Verizon)
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 M9 Snapshot

Retired: HTC Incredible, LG enV2, Samsung SCH-A630

OnceAMatrixMan
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushat3k View Post
I can't connect on the Verizon network for some reason but I've had no issues on wifi. I hope hanger comes back soon, the rom was getting to great places
Ditto about Verizon network and wifi. odd...

Also ditto about Hanger! The last ROM I used as a daily was nearly done when the dev abandoned it when he got a new phone. I am hoping that history does not repeat.

Tags
abandoned, abduction, deleted, winning
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe