No registration required

[HOLY CRAP][SPRINT P100] Stock to CM10 JellyBean - Complete Walkthrough

OP player911

18th April 2012, 07:07 AM   |  #21  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 15

282 posts
More
What's the best options for keeping ICS running smoothly? A lot of basic things eat the memory up so quickly. And it ends up moving sluggish. It rebooted only once and got stuck in sleep mode once...

My only issue is that the gallery, and the music player sometimes don't pick up the files on the SD card. I would go to the gallery and nothing is there. Same for music app. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
18th April 2012, 01:50 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 2

72 posts
Just installed over 10.1. I love it

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda premium
19th April 2012, 05:03 AM   |  #23  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 15

282 posts
More
I think this thing bricked my tab!

Today it was working fine, then it went into permasleep mode. I shut it off, then restarted it. It stayed at that moving splash screen for a loonnng time. I kept turning it off and putting it back on and it didnt change.

So i left out, came back home and its dead. not charging. not even going into CWM
I enjoyed this for the 2-3 days I had it. now im stuck... any suggestions?
19th April 2012, 03:19 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I do follow your instructions, the error "enscryption unscuccessfull". I tried again several times, still the same.
My previous machine was a disease I have not found out how to fix it force close error. help me with. Thanks a lot
sprint sph p100
Last edited by o0_0o; 19th April 2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: update
19th April 2012, 09:56 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
So yeah, it's working wonderfully!

One question though - what happens if you *don't* edit those first three lines? The only way I could flash the file is if I didn't do the edit. I tried all kind of ways to make it work - use the provided file, open the zip after putting on the CD card...everything! It simply would not install unless left alone.

So, is my tab going to blow up? ;)

At any rate - thumbs up to the OP!
22nd April 2012, 10:41 PM   |  #26  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 918

6,876 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadcastDoc

So yeah, it's working wonderfully!

One question though - what happens if you *don't* edit those first three lines? The only way I could flash the file is if I didn't do the edit. I tried all kind of ways to make it work - use the provided file, open the zip after putting on the CD card...everything! It simply would not install unless left alone.

So, is my tab going to blow up? ;)

At any rate - thumbs up to the OP!

Nothing. If it worked it works. Those 3 lines were causing an error message when flashing. Build 5 flashed fine but for some reason build 7 gave fits.

There is also some new builds up. Fyi

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to player911 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #27  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 918

6,876 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback1718

I think this thing bricked my tab!

Today it was working fine, then it went into permasleep mode. I shut it off, then restarted it. It stayed at that moving splash screen for a loonnng time. I kept turning it off and putting it back on and it didnt change.

So i left out, came back home and its dead. not charging. not even going into CWM
I enjoyed this for the 2-3 days I had it. now im stuck... any suggestions?

You'll have to download Gingerbread from Samsung and flash it back to stock. There should be threads about getting back to stock, flashing through hiemdall.

Go back to stock and try again. Make sure you factory reset before flashing ICS. Going from gingerbread to ics requires a fresh start.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
26th April 2012, 09:12 PM   |  #28  
Flag The Internet
Thanks Meter: 447

1,618 posts
Donate to Me
More
I got this to work, but a little differently. First, you need to make the same adjustments to the installer-script for Build5 as well. just remove the lines as detailed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch...t-1485296.html

Secondly, i wasn't ever able to get Kies or Heimdall to work, but this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...93&postcount=3

Worked perfectly. Just follow the directions. You'll need to download the 200MB Stock+Odin1.7. Just use Odin to get the kernel on, copy the four zips mentioned in the OP here, and flash as directed after you mod BOTH Build5 and Build7 installer-script files. It sounds complicated, but it worked first time for me. Double check your work, and remember that after you flash Build7, you CANNOT restore old nandroid backups as they aren't compatible with MDT.

Cheers, and give credit to the OP.
1st May 2012, 07:51 PM   |  #29  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 81

332 posts
More
This worked perfectly for me, step by step. Thanks so much for this. At least ONE of my tablets is running ICS now!

(*grumble toshiba thrive mumble grumble*)
3rd May 2012, 02:35 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Worked great for me. It was really easy to follow the instructions, thanks a lot. Only problem I have is now my camera won't work. All of the pictures it takes just come out as a gray square.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread