XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] hd2 Touch screen not working any more

Tip us?

FourM
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by herson21 View Post
Same ploblem here, and my solution is on the end call botton, just push a bit hard and moved it around for few seconds and that will make screen respond again , at least is a temp fix untill you change the touch screen ,looks like the problem is on the plug under the end botton , hope this works for you ...
this worked for me. lol thank you!

boardwak
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by herson21 View Post
Same ploblem here, and my solution is on the end call botton, just push a bit hard and moved it around for few seconds and that will make screen respond again , at least is a temp fix untill you change the touch screen ,looks like the problem is on the plug under the end botton , hope this works for you ...
Wow. This just worked temporarily for me. Touchscreen stopped working again after a few minutes, then started working again after repeating the power button trick. Anyone know how easy it is to fix the plug yourself? (I'm out of warranty)
Device: T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G
ROM: HyperSensation-CM7.1-v1.2F | Android 2.3.7
Launcher: ADWLauncher EX
Kernel: Bricked-Kernel 1.6b2 AOSP @ 192 - 1188 ondemand
Radio: 10.58.9035.00P_10.15.9035.02_2
HBoot: 1.17.1011 | Revolutionary S-OFF

princessgrafi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The power key trick worked for me!! Thanks guys x

modex
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Touch screen not responding

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessgrafi View Post
The power key trick worked for me!! Thanks guys x
Hi everyone with touch screen problem..I am using a t-mobile HD2 for 5 months now with android flashed to NAND, everythin works perfectly until yesterday it's touch screen became unresponsive.. and it happens only when I use back button. So each time when it gets unresponsive I have to hit power button which will off the screen and angain to hit it to turn on. this makes the screen works. But again if I press the back button which will bring me back (back button works perfectly) but the touch screen gets freeze again....

berlom@free.fr
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gptg13 View Post
I have the same problem. I use nand android and the touchscreen has failed. The power button solution doesn't work for me. My phone is ouy of warranty.
+1, I have exactly the same problem, screen is out and i don't know how long is the warranty in france. the power button solution doesn't work for me too

conmetal
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Playing with the power button and lifting the edge of the screen worked for me for about 3 months. However, my phone hasn't responded within the past 3 hours regardless of what I do . My warranty ened about a week prior to the issues beginning, talk about timing..........

JD_STi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I am also joining this club with the touch screen being unresponsive (actually started last week), had the phone since the first release. Figured out about the end call button, but after a week of doing it, it's not really working anymore. To help reduce the pressing of the buttons, I have downloaded an app call Button Savior. Either way it's getting worst by the day on my end.

chileheadcraig
Old
Thanks Meter 0
For those of us that were able to get this repaired (I just happened to call two weeks before warrenty was up and got it fixed), what should I do to keep this from happening again? The dominant theory is that heat is killing it. There is a temp setting in setcpu that could be used to control the heat. What temp would I set this to in order to stay within expected temps of winmo? thanks

slichten
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC HD2 Touchscreen not responding

Hi, I am having the same problem. However i don't think it is Hardware related as i have had my hd2 for 2.5 years now. The only thing i did was installing WP7.5 Mango 87xx on my hd2 and it worked perfectly. Then i re-booted the device and the touch screen NEVER worked after that. Flashed 5 different OS's (WP7/WP7.5/WP6.5/Android) and in no instance did the touch screen work. All OS's however DID install successfully !

Is there not some driver that was maybe overwritten by the first install of WP7.5 Mango ? Is there possibly a replacement driver for the that works ?

bib*oops
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Default Bad news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slichten View Post
Hi, I am having the same problem. However i don't think it is Hardware related as i have had my hd2 for 2.5 years now. The only thing i did was installing WP7.5 Mango 87xx on my hd2 and it worked perfectly. Then i re-booted the device and the touch screen NEVER worked after that. Flashed 5 different OS's (WP7/WP7.5/WP6.5/Android) and in no instance did the touch screen work. All OS's however DID install successfully !

Is there not some driver that was maybe overwritten by the first install of WP7.5 Mango ? Is there possibly a replacement driver for the that works ?
No software issue, you should replace your touchscreen...
If I've ever helped you, don't miss THANKS button
TG01powered by Cedesmith-retired
TMobile HD2/Leo(sim-free)-powered by TBD
Sensation(sim-free)-powered by Android Revolution
I91000(sim-free)-powered by Siyah
SHV-E120S(sim-free)-powered by davidcsv
A kick in the butts is always a step forward...

Tags
flashing android, hd2 problem, touch screen