OP noaduch

21st June 2011, 09:48 PM   |  #51  
Flag Orange County
Thanks Meter: 19

79 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herson21

Same ploblem here, and my solution is on the end call botton, just push a bit hard and moved it around for few seconds and that will make screen respond again , at least is a temp fix untill you change the touch screen ,looks like the problem is on the plug under the end botton , hope this works for you ...

this worked for me. lol thank you!
22nd June 2011, 12:24 AM   |  #52  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 5

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herson21

Same ploblem here, and my solution is on the end call botton, just push a bit hard and moved it around for few seconds and that will make screen respond again , at least is a temp fix untill you change the touch screen ,looks like the problem is on the plug under the end botton , hope this works for you ...

Wow. This just worked temporarily for me. Touchscreen stopped working again after a few minutes, then started working again after repeating the power button trick. Anyone know how easy it is to fix the plug yourself? (I'm out of warranty)
7th August 2011, 06:58 PM   |  #53  
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 2

25 posts
Talking
The power key trick worked for me!! Thanks guys x
11th August 2011, 01:49 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Unhappy Touch screen not responding
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessgrafi

The power key trick worked for me!! Thanks guys x

Hi everyone with touch screen problem..I am using a t-mobile HD2 for 5 months now with android flashed to NAND, everythin works perfectly until yesterday it's touch screen became unresponsive.. and it happens only when I use back button. So each time when it gets unresponsive I have to hit power button which will off the screen and angain to hit it to turn on. this makes the screen works. But again if I press the back button which will bring me back (back button works perfectly) but the touch screen gets freeze again....
13th August 2011, 09:04 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gptg13

I have the same problem. I use nand android and the touchscreen has failed. The power button solution doesn't work for me. My phone is ouy of warranty.

+1, I have exactly the same problem, screen is out and i don't know how long is the warranty in france. the power button solution doesn't work for me too
14th August 2011, 12:30 AM   |  #56  
Flag ATL, GA
Thanks Meter: 12

23 posts
More
Playing with the power button and lifting the edge of the screen worked for me for about 3 months. However, my phone hasn't responded within the past 3 hours regardless of what I do . My warranty ened about a week prior to the issues beginning, talk about timing..........
14th August 2011, 07:05 AM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So I am also joining this club with the touch screen being unresponsive (actually started last week), had the phone since the first release. Figured out about the end call button, but after a week of doing it, it's not really working anymore. To help reduce the pressing of the buttons, I have downloaded an app call Button Savior. Either way it's getting worst by the day on my end.
16th August 2011, 03:07 PM   |  #58  

8 posts
More
For those of us that were able to get this repaired (I just happened to call two weeks before warrenty was up and got it fixed), what should I do to keep this from happening again? The dominant theory is that heat is killing it. There is a temp setting in setcpu that could be used to control the heat. What temp would I set this to in order to stay within expected temps of winmo? thanks
19th April 2012, 03:48 PM   |  #59  

1 posts
HTC HD2 Touchscreen not responding
Hi, I am having the same problem. However i don't think it is Hardware related as i have had my hd2 for 2.5 years now. The only thing i did was installing WP7.5 Mango 87xx on my hd2 and it worked perfectly. Then i re-booted the device and the touch screen NEVER worked after that. Flashed 5 different OS's (WP7/WP7.5/WP6.5/Android) and in no instance did the touch screen work. All OS's however DID install successfully !

Is there not some driver that was maybe overwritten by the first install of WP7.5 Mango ? Is there possibly a replacement driver for the that works ?
19th April 2012, 06:34 PM   |  #60  
Thanks Meter: 122

1,388 posts
More
Bad news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slichten

Hi, I am having the same problem. However i don't think it is Hardware related as i have had my hd2 for 2.5 years now. The only thing i did was installing WP7.5 Mango 87xx on my hd2 and it worked perfectly. Then i re-booted the device and the touch screen NEVER worked after that. Flashed 5 different OS's (WP7/WP7.5/WP6.5/Android) and in no instance did the touch screen work. All OS's however DID install successfully !

Is there not some driver that was maybe overwritten by the first install of WP7.5 Mango ? Is there possibly a replacement driver for the that works ?

No software issue, you should replace your touchscreen...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flashing android, hd2 problem, touch screen
Previous Thread Next Thread