5,596,431 Members 39,805 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP]SMS FIX TIMESTAMP FIX for NRG'S GB ROM

Tip us?

elwaxman
Old
(Last edited by elwaxman; 29th April 2012 at 07:52 PM.) Reason: this mms.apk is for NRG's GB rom 3.0...
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default [APP]SMS FIX TIMESTAMP FIX for NRG'S GB ROM

I just changed the mms.apk that came with the rom, to one that i had on another rom(Bulletproof). And it worked like a charm, here is a screen shot of it..
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-14_19-53-09.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1004265

the link is at the bottom of post

Then just use root explorer mount as rw then make a backup of your mms.apk located in system/app (i would save it to the external sd card) then copy and paste the new mms.apk to system/app and set permissions..
I cant post to the development section yet so if anyone can put a link to this thread in nrg's thread that would be great.....
Attached Files
File Type: apk Mms.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.35 MB, 85 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elwaxman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kobraki17
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Awesome, thanks!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
Stock Rooted Unbranded Nexus 5
NRG Stock HTC Amaze
CM9 MyTouch 3g Slide
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobraki17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elwaxman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default Link Fixed

I just changed the attached files link, idont know what i did but it should work now....

P.S. Thanks Glacierguy
The Following User Says Thank You to elwaxman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MildewMan
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Was the timestamp thing happening on every text message, or just some of them? Are you sure this fixes it? (I'm going to install it, but I have kept WiFi calling off for a long time now just because of this...just want to be sure this 100% fixes it before I turn it back on)
Devices:
32 GB Google Nexus 5 - Stock 4.4.2 - Rooted
16 GB Google Nexus 4 - sold
HTC Ruby (Amaze 4G) - sold
Motorola Xoom (Wifi) - 4.4.2 OmniRom - 32 GB Class 4 SanDisk card
HTC Glacier (MyTouch 4G) - sold
HTC T-Mobile G1 - GinSense v1.0

elwaxman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildewMan View Post
Was the timestamp thing happening on every text message, or just some of them? Are you sure this fixes it? (I'm going to install it, but I have kept WiFi calling off for a long time now just because of this...just want to be sure this 100% fixes it before I turn it back on)
Yes it fixes it, but the only way to know is just try it out for yourself.. just make a backup of your mms.apk before and your good.....

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to elwaxman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rbaruch
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Does this also fix not being able to receive mms pictures?

elwaxman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbaruch View Post
Does this also fix not being able to receive mms pictures?
Mms still does not work on WiFi calling, its a T-mobile thing but everthing else does...

Lulzmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there any way you could go a little more in depth with the instructions? I'm used to something that is a lot less annoying to work with (I came from a G2) so I'm lost as how to replace the MMS.APK. I can't do anything through the file manager with the one that is there, and it won't let me write to that folder. Help?

elwaxman
Old
(Last edited by elwaxman; 19th April 2012 at 02:52 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulzmaster View Post
Is there any way you could go a little more in depth with the instructions? I'm used to something that is a lot less annoying to work with (I came from a G2) so I'm lost as how to replace the MMS.APK. I can't do anything through the file manager with the one that is there, and it won't let me write to that folder. Help?
I used an app called Root Explorer, it allows you to mount the system as r/o which means read only, and mount r/w which means read write. This allows you to copy, paste, delete to Android system files very easily, but be careful this is where you can really cause a problem if you don't what you are doing.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334843301507.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	1013405   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334843323332.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1013406  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elwaxman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lulzmaster
Old
(Last edited by Lulzmaster; 19th April 2012 at 06:38 PM.) Reason: fixed something, added another question
Thanks Meter 0
I have ES File Explorer (what comes with the Rom) and I've been messing around with it. I get the new .apk copied but when I navigate to the system folder it says I don't have permission to do anything, I'm assuming because I haven't mounted the /system folder?

Edit- scratch that, I think I got it working. Won't be able to test to see if it worked but the icon is unthemed... So we shall see.

Also, through the "share" context menu, messaging doesn't pop up anymore, after a restart. Any way to change that?