FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[APP]SMS FIX TIMESTAMP FIX for NRG'S GB ROM

129 posts
Thanks Meter: 60
 
By elwaxman, Senior Member on 15th April 2012, 04:28 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just changed the mms.apk that came with the rom, to one that i had on another rom(Bulletproof). And it worked like a charm, here is a screen shot of it..
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-14_19-53-09.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1004265

the link is at the bottom of post

Then just use root explorer mount as rw then make a backup of your mms.apk located in system/app (i would save it to the external sd card) then copy and paste the new mms.apk to system/app and set permissions..
I cant post to the development section yet so if anyone can put a link to this thread in nrg's thread that would be great.....
Attached Files
File Type: apk Mms.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.35 MB, 87 views)
Last edited by elwaxman; 29th April 2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: this mms.apk is for NRG's GB rom 3.0...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elwaxman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
15th April 2012, 05:37 AM |#2  
Kobraki17's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Awesome, thanks!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobraki17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 05:21 AM |#3  
elwaxman's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Link Fixed
I just changed the attached files link, idont know what i did but it should work now....



P.S. Thanks Glacierguy
The Following User Says Thank You to elwaxman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 01:01 AM |#4  
MildewMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Was the timestamp thing happening on every text message, or just some of them? Are you sure this fixes it? (I'm going to install it, but I have kept WiFi calling off for a long time now just because of this...just want to be sure this 100% fixes it before I turn it back on)
17th April 2012, 05:11 AM |#5  
elwaxman's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildewMan

Was the timestamp thing happening on every text message, or just some of them? Are you sure this fixes it? (I'm going to install it, but I have kept WiFi calling off for a long time now just because of this...just want to be sure this 100% fixes it before I turn it back on)

Yes it fixes it, but the only way to know is just try it out for yourself.. just make a backup of your mms.apk before and your good.....

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to elwaxman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 05:53 AM |#6  
rbaruch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Does this also fix not being able to receive mms pictures?
17th April 2012, 06:16 AM |#7  
elwaxman's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbaruch

Does this also fix not being able to receive mms pictures?

Mms still does not work on WiFi calling, its a T-mobile thing but everthing else does...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
19th April 2012, 02:03 AM |#8  
Lulzmaster's Avatar
Junior Member
Houston
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Is there any way you could go a little more in depth with the instructions? I'm used to something that is a lot less annoying to work with (I came from a G2) so I'm lost as how to replace the MMS.APK. I can't do anything through the file manager with the one that is there, and it won't let me write to that folder. Help?
19th April 2012, 02:49 PM |#9  
elwaxman's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulzmaster

Is there any way you could go a little more in depth with the instructions? I'm used to something that is a lot less annoying to work with (I came from a G2) so I'm lost as how to replace the MMS.APK. I can't do anything through the file manager with the one that is there, and it won't let me write to that folder. Help?

I used an app called Root Explorer, it allows you to mount the system as r/o which means read only, and mount r/w which means read write. This allows you to copy, paste, delete to Android system files very easily, but be careful this is where you can really cause a problem if you don't what you are doing.


Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334843301507.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	1013405   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334843323332.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1013406  
Last edited by elwaxman; 19th April 2012 at 02:52 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elwaxman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 06:11 PM |#10  
Lulzmaster's Avatar
Junior Member
Houston
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have ES File Explorer (what comes with the Rom) and I've been messing around with it. I get the new .apk copied but when I navigate to the system folder it says I don't have permission to do anything, I'm assuming because I haven't mounted the /system folder?

Edit- scratch that, I think I got it working. Won't be able to test to see if it worked but the icon is unthemed... So we shall see.

Also, through the "share" context menu, messaging doesn't pop up anymore, after a restart. Any way to change that?
Last edited by Lulzmaster; 19th April 2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: fixed something, added another question
20th April 2012, 01:46 AM |#11  
elwaxman's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulzmaster

I have ES File Explorer (what comes with the Rom) and I've been messing around with it. I get the new .apk copied but when I navigate to the system folder it says I don't have permission to do anything, I'm assuming because I haven't mounted the /system folder?

Edit- scratch that, I think I got it working. Won't be able to test to see if it worked but the icon is unthemed... So we shall see.

Also, through the "share" context menu, messaging doesn't pop up anymore, after a restart. Any way to change that?

I'm not sure why the share feature is not working with es file explorer but it works on root explorer, Lulzmaster check you pm box......

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334882673144.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1014479  

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes