FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

Step 2/2 Installing - Update failed - Bricked?

614 posts
Thanks Meter: 43
 
By mesnati, Senior Member on 27th January 2012, 07:48 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th February 2012, 08:12 AM |#71  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
I am still waiting for my phone ...

Anyone with null IMEI here? Can someone please help us out here?

Thanks!
 
 
24th February 2012, 02:47 PM |#72  
Account currently disabled
Flag **** Town
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
I have nulled IMEI
what can I do?
24th February 2012, 08:18 PM |#73  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
go blue screen.
connect to pc with usb
see disk on pc
format recovery disc (fat32)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1370960
download image.zip.
extrac image file and put disk
change recovery cvm
Last edited by hicazi45; 24th February 2012 at 09:26 PM.
18th April 2012, 07:57 PM |#74  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Another one with same issues. Tried official firmware from huawei, update failed and now nothing.

I manage to get pink screen, blue screen not. I just got ideos logo for it.

As there hasnt been update in a while, I guess this topic is dead and so is my phone Damnit...
19th April 2012, 10:40 AM |#75  
Junior Member
Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheidi

Another one with same issues. Tried official firmware from huawei, update failed and now nothing.

I manage to get pink screen, blue screen not. I just got ideos logo for it.

As there hasnt been update in a while, I guess this topic is dead and so is my phone Damnit...



yes it is.......

I HAVE GOT RID OF MY X5........

U know How....... I bagned it on the floor and crushed into Pieces.....
................seriously felt soooooooo dam cool...........


Its just waste of time banging your head to get it fixed.

NO MORE ANDRIOD AND NO MORE HEADECH...........

HA HA....
19th April 2012, 02:49 PM |#76  
fjsferreira's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ponta Delgada
Thanks Meter: 1,574
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynaaz

yes it is.......

I HAVE GOT RID OF MY X5........

U know How....... I bagned it on the floor and crushed into Pieces.....
................seriously felt soooooooo dam cool...........


Its just waste of time banging your head to get it fixed.

NO MORE ANDRIOD AND NO MORE HEADECH...........

HA HA....

Is it bricked? :)

Sent from my U8800
19th April 2012, 06:04 PM |#77  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
On Blue and Pink screen... connect your phone to computer and it will mount with internal ROM..

Open internal ROM and put in Recovery.img inside image folder or search of Recovery.img and replace with CWM from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...87&postcount=1

Now you phone will be Rooted and ready for Custom Image.

Checkout different Custom Rom's @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...48&postcount=1

I recommend use Dzo's Aurora ROM's thats a great fun to have it.
Last edited by ksbadrain; 19th April 2012 at 07:36 PM.
19th April 2012, 09:26 PM |#78  
skifyr123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Republic City
Thanks Meter: 674
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbadrain

On Blue and Pink screen... connect your phone to computer and it will mount with internal ROM..

Open internal ROM and put in Recovery.img inside image folder or search of Recovery.img and replace with CWM from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...87&postcount=1

Now you phone will be Rooted and ready for Custom Image.

Checkout different Custom Rom's @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...48&postcount=1

I recommend use Dzo's Aurora ROM's thats a great fun to have it.

Won't work, the partitions are messed up and gone, so you can't access them.. Even in Ubuntu you can't find any partitions (at least in my case).

Do like me and buy a Sony Xperia S!
19th April 2012, 11:11 PM |#79  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skifyr123

Won't work, the partitions are messed up and gone, so you can't access them.. Even in Ubuntu you can't find any partitions (at least in my case).

Do like me and buy a Sony Xperia S!


I also faced this same issue but was able to fix it out...

Could you let me know you are getting drive on computer once you are connected to computer on Pink or Blue screen.

And do you see any folder or not. ?

And which version of ROM did you used.
Last edited by ksbadrain; 19th April 2012 at 11:14 PM.
20th April 2012, 03:12 AM |#80  
ezet's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 462
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheidi

Another one with same issues. Tried official firmware from huawei, update failed and now nothing.

I manage to get pink screen, blue screen not. I just got ideos logo for it.

As there hasnt been update in a while, I guess this topic is dead and so is my phone Damnit...

I don't know if there has been an answer to this thread or not i can't go through all the posts right now but here is the solution.
If step 2/2 of the upgrade fails at some time, but you are still able to get into pink screen, solution is simple (at least that worked for me). I'm giving some options try them and at least one should work.
1) Reinstall the stock firmware. If you were coming from froyo reinstall froyo, same goes for gingerbread.
2) Replace recovery.img with a CWM recovery try both 5.0.2.6 (froyo) and 5.5.0.4 (ginger) one of them should work. Then apply a custom rom according to the base you are.
3) Try putting the dload folder on the internal sdcard if that fails again put it to the external. If both fails try again with battery removed.

Hope this helps
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes